Dewsbury on Sunday

Expatknight

Just now, JonT said:

Job done in a competition that the club have made no secret about not being a priority. Hendo will have learnt plenty about some of his younger fringe back line that played today. And with that pitch as it was, it wasn't worth risking an ankle or knee of the more established backs and halves. 

Thought the forwards really showed up today - particularly Jordan and Jack - but they all put in some graft against a tenacious Dewsbury team that showed no quarter.

Sheffield will be another matter entitely in terms of opposition but i wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar team.

Thought Oli Field had a great second half. Donaghy settled down after a nervy start, Coggle made a fantastic early try saving tackle and young Wardy was very solid, though neither got chance of a break Young Myles once more stood up to the plate, defended well and looked dangerous once we woke up after the break.

Can't help but think we are in for a really inconsistent season with the refereeing decisions.

Cant understand why, with four minutes to go and the Rams 30 from our line, that a decent kicker like Callum Turner didn't go for the drop and instead opted for a nothing lofted effort on the last. Whether he had scored or missed, those last two or three minutes would have panned out differently.

Think you might be right, Jon T, similar lineup for Sheffield.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Cant understand why, with four minutes to go and the Rams 30 from our line, that a decent kicker like Callum Turner didn't go for the drop and instead opted for a nothing lofted effort on the last. Whether he had scored or missed, those last two or three minutes would have panned out differently.

I had a chat with Callum after the game and said I was surpised why he did'n't go for the drop. His reply was that he didn't realise the time. It was only when Nikau scored did he look at the clock and realise how little time was left. Maybe one of his mates could have said something. I thought along with Beckett and Davies, Turner was a threat all afternoon with ball in hand..

26 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I had a chat with Callum after the game and said I was surpised why he did'n't go for the drop. His reply was that he didn't realise the time. It was only when Nikau scored did he look at the clock and realise how little time was left. Maybe one of his mates could have said something. I thought along with Beckett and Davies, Turner was a threat all afternoon with ball in hand..

Decent kicking game too generally. No excuse for not knowing how long left.. ask the ref.

Never in doubt 😆....... worth pointing out that the whole back division was effectively a second string (could be replaced by Myler/Harris/Dee/Kleinhorst/Towse/Brown/Dagger, with Hingano and Edwards to come), so it was a gamble that came off by the skin of our teeth, and as other posters have said, provided valuable game time for fringe players, and the chance for Hendo to run the rule over them in a competitive game.

Weekend off next week, with the draw for the 1895 cup being made on Sunday night (after the conclusion of the last group games). Providing that there's not a drawn fixture, we'll be in the hat - fingers' crossed we don't get Trin again!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

are we going to wait until the first league game to see Myler, Hingano, Dagger, Keinhorst and Harris in the same team?

Probably.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Poor first half performance with the ball and our discipline let us down on a few occasions,but were much better second half and probably just deserved to win the game thought Teanby and Fitzsimmons led from the front followed by Thompson who plays the full 80 minutes nearly every week and is just ultra consistent with his performance,also why don't we give Brad Ward a start in the centres he's certainly got the size and the pace to play there.