Georges try.

colinb

Have to say, with the conditions on the pitch, down in the 9 oyl, and defenders gaining quick, that was a great great effort. It got me thinking....yes I do think sometimes......it reminded me of a try scored by Ash Lindsay from roughly the same spot, from back of a scrum, to the same corner, identical. Think it was against Barrow. Anyone else remember that 1. 

• Like 4

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

And the way he stepped over two attempted ankle taps classic, don't understand why the Workington lad was complaining about to the ref.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, colinb said:

Have to say, with the conditions on the pitch, down in the 9 oyl, and defenders gaining quick, that was a great great effort. It got me thinking....yes I do think sometimes......it reminded me of a try scored by Ash Lindsay from roughly the same spot, from back of a scrum, to the same corner, identical. Think it was against Barrow. Anyone else remember that 1. 

I do, Barrow were a top side that season. Oh, and I won the HT draw at that game, £184 - happy days. Senior threw a subtle dummy on his run about 20 metres out which gave him the edge when he looked like he might get caught! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, colinb said:

Yes 2009 season one of the highlights of a poor year 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I do, Barrow were a top side that season. Oh, and I won the HT draw at that game, £184 - happy days. Senior threw a subtle dummy on his run about 20 metres out which gave him the edge when he looked like he might get caught! 

Spooky this Distantdog....was stood with Rob....guess who won it today too.....and it wasn't me !!

• Haha 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

And going further back (early 1980s) one from John Vodden, interception about 10 yards from his own goal line, charging up hill to score. It might have been against Dewsbury (but that might be just wishful thinking).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Martin Savage got one over same distance although his started off by chipping a dropped ball forward up the hill and chased it down.

Ash was originally a winger so not short of pace. His pure bulldog saw him move into forwards. One of the only lads not dominated in the saints away game midweek around 2007 what a machine

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping: