showing the other scores live updates

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The gambling companies!  

This tread just doesn't get it...why is the NRL going to Vegas, the home of gambling?

The nature of online betting has evolved in North America this year in all major NA sports...hockey is way ahead with gamblers able to access multiple SAME TIME games to place bets, not just bets on who wins but who will score next, who will force the next turnover, who will score next.

The odds change on all of the scenarios real time, so to stay on top of things you need updated information real time.

You heard it first here real time.

So, it looks like hockey is roughly where soccer gambling was in this country about twenty years ago?

Plus, unlike in backwards countries like North America and Australia, there are massive restrictions in the UK on what live gambling promotion you can do.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Dave T said:

To be fair, the Wigan v Cas game was originally going to be Saturday afternoon and Catalans v Wire in the evening. That felt quite a nice schedule (accepting that Friday's will be the day for overlaps if they are to stay).

We really should avoid clashes outside of Fridays. 

Totally agree.

Ideally, 1 Thursday, 1 Friday, 2/3 Saturday, 2/3 Sunday. Accepting that Friday is the likely day for any clash.

That said with the TV numbers being important to clubs, I wonder what the effect on say Leigh vs Hudds on Friday was by being up against not just Leeds vs Salford on Main Event but also Saints and London too.

Perhaps in the summer months we could have 2 games on Fridays with staggered kickoffs. But who knows.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The Saturday at 2.45pm slot (to allow time to finish and head over to soccer's final score) is crying out for RL.

You could probably manage two games on Saturday evening if you did something like 6pm (for two teams local enough to each other) and 8pm.

A Sunday game would probably need to either be midday or 6.30pm to avoid Super Sunday football and stay away from Championship/League 1 kick offs.

I think avoidance on Sunday is going to be pretty hard to do (though ironically I remember being sat in a pub in Hamburg on a Sunday Afternoon in March 2020 when the only live sport on was Castleford vs St Helens). I also don't think we should be causing friction with the junior and amateur game unnecessarily.

The Saturday slots seem a bit easier to be smarter about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

That isn't relevant. THe updates are sporadic, delayed and sometimes muddled. These are not gambling updates.

Incorrect...its all part of the same mantra and the nature of getting info real time is evolving, not just in sport but everywhere.  This is just the first baby step and there is more coming; alot more.

The amount of info coming real time in RL will not only continue but it is about to explode due to the culture of online betting....this has already happened in pro hockey, pro basketball and pro football.   Huge amounts of money are being made.

It is very relevant.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I think avoidance on Sunday is going to be pretty hard to do (though ironically I remember being sat in a pub in Hamburg on a Sunday Afternoon in March 2020 when the only live sport on was Castleford vs St Helens). I also don't think we should be causing friction with the junior and amateur game unnecessarily.

The Saturday slots seem a bit easier to be smarter about.

Any way that avoids overlaps whilst also ensuring enough rest days for players. I don't mind how that is achieved but it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So, it looks like hockey is roughly where soccer gambling was in this country about twenty years ago?

Plus, unlike in backwards countries like North America and Australia, there are massive restrictions in the UK on what live gambling promotion you can do.

No, hockey is way ahead and a new creature has formed as gambling ingrains itself into pro sport culture in new forms and to a greater extent....it is evolving as we speak.

As per your second point:  Ahhh yes, the entire gambling world mimics whatever happens in the UK...it is the center of the universe don't cha know.  You are funny.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Incorrect...its all part of the same mantra and the nature of getting info real time is evolving, not just in sport but everywhere.  This is just the first baby step and there is more coming; alot more.

The amount of info coming real time in RL will not only continue but it is about to explode due to the culture of online betting....this has already happened in pro hockey, pro basketball and pro football.   Huge amounts of money are being made.

It is very relevant.

What is about to explode? Online betting has been a thing for years, and it has nothing to do with Sky. We don't have the NRL approach where they have huge betting sections in the build up. 

9 minutes ago, Click said:

I don't think gambling companies care if SKY puts up the live scores of other RL matches while showing an RL match.

Why would they care whatsoever? 

In pro hockey the gambling companies and the actual league have formed formal symbiotic financial partnerships....this is what is happening in RL but it has not progressed to the final stage yet....I give it one to two years....it is slowly happening now but many of the posters on this thread don't/can't seem to  visualize the extent of it yet.

Put on your seatbelts folks!

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No, hockey is way ahead and a new creature has formed as gambling ingrains itself into pro sport culture in new forms and to a greater extent....it is evolving as we speak.

I just checked the Bet365 app. I can, right now, place a bet, in real time, on one of about 150 different lines, of a game being played between two teams I've never heard of in South Korea. I can also watch said game in the app.

That is a much smaller number of lines than there will be for European games.

There are also about another 40 live games with the same number of in-play options.

Then there are sports other than football.

Now, you were saying something about how hockey is inventing something completely new and how this is relevant to whether Sky in the UK puts its scores up on screen or not?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

In pro hockey the gambling companies and the actual league have formed formal symbiotic financial partnerships....this is what is happening in RL but it has not progressed to the final stage yet....I give it one to two years....it is slowly happening now but many of the posters on this thread don't/can't seem to  visualize the extent of it yet.

Put on your seatbelts folks!

You just talk a lot of .. 

You do realise that RL has been sponsored by a gambling company for the last 10 years or so? 

I have no idea what you are going on about, but it has absolutely nothing to do with showing live scores in matches.

What is about to explode? Online betting has been a thing for years, and it has nothing to do with Sky. We don't have the NRL approach where they have huge betting sections in the build up. 

You are not getting my point and you are not listening....the online betting you have seen is puny and simply the tip of the iceberg.  In North America the online betting companies have formed partnerships WITH the broadcasters to formalize and present the odds real time on their broadcasts for multiple games to the viewing audience for the entire betting process...each gets a real time cut.

It is in the financial interest of the broadcasters to present betting opportunities on all games at the same time....this is where it is going.  Indeed the broadcasters are legally bound to do so.

The broadcasters and gaming companies are acting as the real time platforms for each other...do you get this new and unique business gambling model?   This is 'fate accompli' in North America now.

Get ready.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I just checked the Bet365 app. I can, right now, place a bet, in real time, on one of about 150 different lines, of a game being played between two teams I've never heard of in South Korea. I can also watch said game in the app.

That is a much smaller number of lines than there will be for European games.

There are also about another 40 live games with the same number of in-play options.

Then there are sports other than football.

Now, you were saying something about how hockey is inventing something completely new and how this is relevant to whether Sky in the UK puts its scores up on screen or not?

Whooooooosh!   You miss my point totally, you can't seem to grasp it.

3 minutes ago, Click said:

You just talk a lot of .. 

You do realise that RL has been sponsored by a gambling company for the last 10 years or so? 

I have no idea what you are going on about, but it has absolutely nothing to do with showing live scores in matches.

Oh yes it does,,,and everyone will find out shortly...the nature and relationship of betting and pro sport is going through a metamorphosis at the moment.  That is why the NRL wants the Vegas thing so bad.....they know they are behind the big boys in NA and they want in.

What i am going on about has literally everything with showing live scores in matches....soon there will be alot more info. from the other games being posted....alot more, get ready.

Just now, Kayakman said:

Oh yes it does,,,and everyone will find out shortly...the nature and relationship of betting and pro sport is going through a metamorphosis at the moment.  That is why the NRL wants the Vegas thing so bad.....they know they are behind the big boys in NA and they want in.

What i am going on about has literally everything with showing live scores in matches....soon there will be alot more info. from the other games being posted....alot more, get ready.

It is almost like you have never watched live sport before on TV and seen that Sport and Gambling has always been interlinked.

In the UK we have adverts at HT (Or we did) giving you odds on the next half of football, who would score first, etc. This isn't a new thing that you are suddenly going on and on about. I'm pretty sure I have seen multiple gambling and betting adverts on NRL's coverage in recent years, showing odds, etc.

And again, it literally has nothing to do with scores on live matches. Betting companies already have lots of information that doesn't get given on a live TV game. 

• Like 2

Well, if anything was gonna unite the posters on this thread....

Its not about uniting the posters...its about seeing/understanding the truth about how betting and pro sport is currently evolving.

I'm not for the changes that happened this season in pro hockey but it is the wave of pro sport in the future.....alot of money being made in it over here.  It is not the traditional gambling model hence the difficulty with so many to comprehend it...it is a new baby on the block.

1 minute ago, Click said:

It is almost like you have never watched live sport before on TV and seen that Sport and Gambling has always been interlinked.

In the UK we have adverts at HT (Or we did) giving you odds on the next half of football, who would score first, etc. This isn't a new thing that you are suddenly going on and on about. I'm pretty sure I have seen multiple gambling and betting adverts on NRL's coverage in recent years, showing odds, etc.

And again, it literally has nothing to do with scores on live matches. Betting companies already have lots of information that doesn't get given on a live TV game. 

You are not getting my meaning....it has evolved (is happening real time) into a new form.  Not only will you see more live scores from other games on the broadcast in the future, there will be mountains of other info. passed on as well....get ready.

Its not the old model at all.

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You are not getting my meaning....it has evolved (is happening real time) into a new form.  Not only will you see more live scores from other games on the broadcast in the future, there will be mountains of other info. passed on as well....get ready.

You talk. Like Donald. Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You just aren't getting anything it seems. 

I am not sure what mountains of other information could possibly flood our TV screens in future, and neither do you - You're just making up rubbish that has been going on for the last 5 years already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Click said:

You just aren't getting anything it seems. 

I am not sure what mountains of other information could possibly flood our TV screens in future, and neither do you - You're just making up rubbish that has been going on for the last 5 years already.

Here is an old article from a few years back before it happened in pro hockey.....RL is at the same place as hockey was a few years ago...this is where it is going/evolving.  Big money has been made and it will never go back.

Get ready and put on the seatbelts!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nhl-games-broadcasts-betting-gambling-promotion-1.6662461

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Here is an old article from a few years back before it happened in pro hockey.....RL is at the same place as hockey was a few years ago...this is where it is going/evolving.  Big money has been made and it will never go back.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nhl-games-broadcasts-betting-gambling-promotion-1.6662461

Amazing. Like Britain twenty years ago.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

So yeah, like we have been saying for the last few posts ... 

Something that has already been happening in the UK for the last 20 years. 

Canada isn't the UK, your country seems to be finally catching up with the way Sports and betting has been intertwined for a lot of the world, especially in the last 10 years.

I think his point that IMG have maybe pushed for Sky to record and show every game live could be linked to an attempt to make money from betting around the world as much as just pleasing the fans .  It's a valid point.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

I think his point that IMG have maybe pushed for Sky to record and show every game live could be linked to an attempt to make money from betting around the world as much as just pleasing the fans .  It's a valid point.

Sure, if he had made that point.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

That's cool, but that aint owt to do with Mark Wilson telling us clumsily what is happening in Castleford while we wait for another VR review in Catalans.

• Like 1