Sat 16th Mar-Sun 17th Mar: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Please stick to discussing the matches in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

SATURDAY 16th MARCH
Hunslet v Newcastle Thunder KO 13:00

SUNDAY 17th MARCH
Keighley Cougars v Cornwall 13:00
Midlands Hurricanes v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00
Workington Town v Oldham KO 15:00

• Like 1

• John Drake changed the title to Sat 16th Mar-Sun 17th Mar: The Betfred League One Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Hunslet v Newcastle Thunder - by 32

Keighley Cougars v Cornwall   - by 24

Midlands H v Rochdale H          - by 18

Workington Town v Oldham       - by 16

Looks a pretty easy round to predict tbh. Think Midlands v Rochdale will be a bit closer than that though 

Edited by Rene_Artois

Any feedback from any spectators at the games? North WalesCrusaders had Round 1 as a bye, so join in the fun at Cornwall next weekend. How did Cornwall fare? Who should we be looking out for?

5 hours ago, gogledd said:

Any feedback from any spectators at the games? North WalesCrusaders had Round 1 as a bye, so join in the fun at Cornwall next weekend. How did Cornwall fare? Who should we be looking out for?

Cornwall were OK but I think it was fair to say they were beat after 20 minutes when the score was 22-0. I don't think they ever gave in though and this was only their second hit out after their defeat to York Acorn in the CC, so there might be more to come. I think the pitch was a leveller in some respects, and on another Keighley could have posted 80 points.

Cornwall suffered an injury to their half back that required surgery and 15 stitches so I don't think he will be available for a while. They also had another play sin binned for dissent, not sure if that would warrant a ban or not but either way he'd be available this week.

I'd expect Crusaders to beat Cornwall comfortably.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Cornwall were OK but I think it was fair to say they were beat after 20 minutes when the score was 22-0. I don't think they ever gave in though and this was only their second hit out after their defeat to York Acorn in the CC, so there might be more to come. I think the pitch was a leveller in some respects, and on another Keighley could have posted 80 points.

Cornwall suffered an injury to their half back that required surgery and 15 stitches so I don't think he will be available for a while. They also had another play sin binned for dissent, not sure if that would warrant a ban or not but either way he'd be available this week.

I'd expect Crusaders to beat Cornwall comfortably.

I'm hoping we don't go there expecting to win...that happened at Rhyl last season and Cornwall racked up a winning score in the first half! Although we came back and made it close it was a salutary lesson that kick-started our winning streak

Edited by gogledd