The Long Good Friday

I Iike the optimism and agree we could grind out a win if we play at our best, but  score 24 points🤔.   Nah…..

• Haha 1

Let's hope that the Dogs left it all on the pitch on Saturday and are slow to recover.

Rams 19 - 16 Dogs

Att: 1250, but will we ever know?

FTS: Rush

MoM: Bibby

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, NickD said:

I Iike the optimism and agree we could grind out a win if we play at our best, but  score 24 points🤔.   Nah…..

Especially if Owen is at 18 again😦

19 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Monday? We’d of won good job we played Saturday then 

Thanks. Brain fog - post now amended.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

When you get to a age where you get your days mixed up🤣it will come to you 😂

The joys of retirement.

• Haha 2

Interesting KO time....Is one to have tea (Dinner if tha is Southern) afore the match or after?  At my age such routines matter...

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Interesting KO time....Is one to have tea (Dinner if tha is Southern) afore the match or after?  At my age such routines matter...

Supper for me after the match - silk dressing gown and slippers, naturally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NickD said:

I shall dine awfterwards, allowing my dinner jacket an airing after being pressed and giving me time to tie my dicky bow.

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 hours ago, graham fisher said:

No,he served his suspension against York and Halifax. I’d start with Rush in the halves.

Scrum half or stand off?

I saw a short video clip of the Giants A team against London and he seems to prefer playing a little wider, so stand off would probably be best. Maybe with Hookem at hooker as well. Looking at the 21 that has been listed Dale will have some interesting decisions to make.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Scrum half or stand off?

I saw a short video clip of the Giants A team against London and he seems to prefer playing a little wider, so stand off would probably be best. Maybe with Hookem at hooker as well. Looking at the 21 that has been listed Dale will have some interesting decisions to make.

I’d put him at stand off. Hookem at hooker and with Dixon back from suspension that will give us more power in the forwards. Restall back to fullback with O’Connor back in centre.

• Like 2

I’m not sure that we are settled enough to win today, but we with Ronan Dixon back, he might give us a bit more impetus.

My idea of Ferguson’s selection:

Restal; Carr, O’Connor, Greensmith, Whiteley; Rush, Turner; Beckett, Hookem, Ronan Dixon; Garside, Dawson; Collinson.

Subs: Billington, Bibby, Davies, Marcus Walker.

18th man: Morris.

Dewsbury 12-20 Batley

FTS: Turner

MoM: O’Connor

Att; 1220

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.

I see Owen is in the squad at number 1 but doubt that means owt.  I noted he was listed as 1 in the squad for the Halifax game and he still didn't get a game🤔

What a great result.... Been keeping an eye on the Twitter feed and chuffed for Dale and the lads. In Mauritius just now but back for the Widnes game..... let's hope we can kick on now after tonight's win ..... Roll on Sunday 🇩🇪🇩🇪

• Like 2

On 26/03/2024 at 07:52, NickD said:

Never been happier to admit I was wrong....What a day!!!

• Like 1

Been a few years since I have been able to watch a game live and have been impressed with the Youtube highlights that have kept my love of the Rams alive, though they seem to have stopped recently (any reason?) But back to today, how I have missed the atmosphere and the feeling of a great performance by the boys. Looking forward to watching it again... hopefully...????