3 hours ago, LeeF said:

@StandOffHalf why the confused face? Do you think it was an incorrect thing to do and if so why?

I was just agreeing with Anita's point about an incorrect KO time causing people to miss public transport. Advertise the correct KO time.

20 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I was just agreeing with Anita's point about an incorrect KO time causing people to miss public transport. Advertise the correct KO time.

If you are missing transport for a KO time that was delayed by 10 minutes, then you must be on such a tight schedule that you may be considering not even going to the game in the first place.

We aren't talking about advertising a 6pm KO and then it kicks off at 8pm. We're talking about 10 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

It was Level 9. It was 10 minutes. I wonder exactly how many people were really inconvenienced? I bet it was zero.  It was a great thing to do not something to respond with a “confused” face

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, LeeF said:

It was Level 9. It was 10 minutes. I wonder exactly how many people were really inconvenienced? I bet it was zero.  It was a great thing to do not something to respond with a “confused” face

Yeah.. sure... but someone might miss a bus. Won't anyone think of them?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was at a football game this evening where the game was stopped for a moment so a player could break his fast. I don't think I've ever seen this before. I always love to experience different cultures and it was nice to see. 

Gosh, I hope someone checked the local bus and train timetables to make sure they didn't delay any of the fans or players.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Click said:

Gosh, I hope someone checked the local bus and train timetables to make sure they didn't delay any of the fans or players.

Or the random posters on an internet forum who would get sad at this 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Sorry but I haven't read the rest of this thread, am I missing something? 

Sorry, yes, someone earlier was bemoaning that a kick off was delayed by 10 minutes so some players and officials could break their fast before the game started. Due to apparently potentially missing public transport.

21 hours ago, LeeF said:

And to add, it was at Emley, where public transport is limited to 1 bus every hour either direction to either Wakefield or Huddersfield.

Not many people rely on public transport to get to Emley, more fool them if they do 🙂 

• Like 2

The game I was at last night, kicked off slightly later than the advertised time- 19.47 rather than 19.45 but there was a bad injury where a player received lengthy treatment before being carried off on a stretcher to where an ambulance would collect him.

That stoppage was more than 10 minutes, that's less than the Muslim officials took to break their fast, this is what I was saying earlier, anything can cause the delay of a football game, if a person is setting their watch and making travel plans based on the game starting and ending at a specific time then the problem is that person, not the cause of the delay.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Click said:

Sorry, yes, someone earlier was bemoaning that a kick off was delayed by 10 minutes so some players and officials could break their fast before the game started. Due to apparently potentially missing public transport.

Oh I see, well that is rather insensitive of the poster. People practicing their cultural traditions is far more important than someone catching a train. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, meast said:

The game I was at last night, kicked off slightly later than the advertised time- 19.47 rather than 19.45 but there was a bad injury where a player received lengthy treatment before being carried off on a stretcher to where an ambulance would collect him.

That stoppage was more than 10 minutes, that's less than the Muslim officials took to break their fast, this is what I was saying earlier, anything can cause the delay of a football game, if a person is setting their watch and making travel plans based on the game starting and ending at a specific time then the problem is that person, not the cause of the delay.

Some posters are going to need to lie down in a darkened room after reading that post 😀

• Haha 1

Sort of deleting this post. Because the article on the Bulldogs' site was recent, I assumed it added extra material to the Roar piece posted on the first page of this thread. Just had another look and it doesn't.

Lesson learned. Don't assume. Always double-check.

Edited by unapologetic pedant