McKenzie Yei leaves....

Don’t think he’s ever got over his knee and looked very unfit against Leigh, would have liked to see him stand up as soon me of our stronger middles but don’t think that ever would have happened, hopefully cleared some money up to bring another big lad in 

Best wishes, shame it didn't work out. No real suprise though, and probably the best thing for all parties. Given our finances at present, hopefully helps there too with a wage of the payroll.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

He looked like a wrecking ball that first game at Keighley and a few times after that. Unfortunately prone to a bit of a brain fart offload and tackle. Doesn't seem to have been fit since coming back this year. Seemed a nice bloke though, wish him all the best in getting back to fitness.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed McKenzie's contribution but it's not working out for him in 2024. All the best to him.

Not sure how short that really leaves us.

Our props:

Gadwin Springer, Mo Kamano, Nathan Massey, Wellie Albert, Jayden Tanner, Dean Roberts

Middles who can do a front row job:

Danny Addy, Jack Bussey, Keenan Tomlinson

Available on DR:

Zach Fishwick, Yusuf Aydin, Leo Tennison

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I've enjoyed McKenzie's contribution but it's not working out for him in 2024. All the best to him.

Not sure how short that really leaves us.

Our props:

Gadwin Springer, Mo Kamano, Nathan Massey, Wellie Albert, Jayden Tanner, Dean Roberts

Middles who can do a front row job:

Danny Addy, Jack Bussey, Keenan Tomlinson

Available on DR:

Zach Fishwick, Yusuf Aydin, Leo Tennison

On paper it doesn't leave us short but Springer is injured, Massey seems unavailable, Tanner injured (?), Albert doesn't look fully fit, Roberts still banned, Bussey is injured, Addy has to play as a pseudo half so we've got one that can pass and the DR lot are at the whim of Hull KR. We don't seem to have a whole lot of tackle busting options there.

26 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

On paper it doesn't leave us short but Springer is injured, Massey seems unavailable, Tanner injured (?), Albert doesn't look fully fit, Roberts still banned, Bussey is injured, Addy has to play as a pseudo half so we've got one that can pass and the DR lot are at the whim of Hull KR. We don't seem to have a whole lot of tackle busting options there.

Fair comment in the sense that three of our six props are currently injured and another suspended.

I'm not sure there are a lot tackle busting options out there in the market right now, and loathsome and detrimental though DR is, it is helping us out of a hole atm.

In his interview on Fev's social media today Fordy talks about "just on the top of the hill there's the cavalry arriving - your Masseys, your Tanners, your Springers, your Dean Roberts - they're not far away". Add Bussey to that lot and we're fine, especially with the Hull KR DR option too.

At the moment, though, we are very short, and it remains to be seen if we can scramble a win this weekend, though Bradford have almost as many injuries.

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

On paper it doesn't leave us short but Springer is injured, Massey seems unavailable, Tanner injured (?), Albert doesn't look fully fit,

I would have agreed with that after his first game back but Albert looks fine to me now. He was our biggest gainer in terms of metres amongst our forwards against Wakefield last week by a clear margin.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I would have agreed with that after his first game back but Albert looks fine to me now. He was our biggest gainer in terms of metres amongst our forwards against Wakefield last week by a clear margin.

Perhaps it's his languid style of running.

4 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

Note the question mark against Elsie.  We don't seem to hear much about his injury do we.  He only did a few minutes for us at Keighley, then went off with no apparent injury ?? and not been seen since (SIX weeks ago).  I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but I was wondering if there's something else we don't know about there as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Note the question mark against Elsie.  We don't seem to hear much about his injury do we.  He only did a few minutes for us at Keighley, then went off with no apparent injury ?? and not been seen since (SIX weeks ago).  I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but I was wondering if there's something else we don't know about there as well.

Could be we signed Elsie by mistake instead of Dennis. That's just one thought😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes, he has a totally different style to say Springer. He's more like Junior Moors in style in my view...seems to amble in but can carry defenders with him, and he has a good offload game. 

Reminds me of Roy Powell

15 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I think it was said to be a groin strain and they seem to be like calf/hamstring injuries in that they can flare up again just when they look to be getting better. We've already been bitten by this once when Bussey went off after 5 minutes in the Wakefield cup game and my guess is that with the likes of Tanner, Bussey and Springer we're going to err on the side of caution going forward.

• Thanks 1