Club Website

RogerT

As anybody tried getting onto the clubs website recently I have just tried over this last 30 mins and no joy  just a sample page from some sort of innovate firm, unless I've been hacked.

Also on facebook there is an item about Vantage a new short term sponsor, I seem to remember they where involved with one of the Cumbrian teams.  

We keep bringing up the website and it seems that every season start someone throws a bit of effort at it and looks after it for 6 weeks then completely forgets about it.

Yes but doesn't even seem to be an attempt at making it work. Even no big announcement about the Vantage sponsorship and possible prizes I came across it by accident.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Gone static again.

Did that give you a shock?

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no website. Amateur hardly seems to be the word. Club just don't seem to care. Social media is one thing but there is still a huge market out there of people who would seek out a clubs website to get info on upcoming games, tickets, prices etc and we just totally ignore them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Still no website. Amateur hardly seems to be the word. Club just don't seem to care. Social media is one thing but there is still a huge market out there of people who would seek out a clubs website to get info on upcoming games, tickets, prices etc and we just totally ignore them

Mental when you factor in the current IMG proposals.

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Does that matter? Let’s be honest we ain’t every going SL or anything 

Depends if you want to drop down a league or not? 

• Like 1

See the comments in the Castleford cup game topic. We actually missed out on selling tickets to fans who tried to access the website to buy. It's all very well not having any marketing or commercial tools if you're happy to continue with our ageing and declining fan base but eventually we'll be down to the proverbial man and a dog watching the games. Worrying lack of interest by the club in promoting itself.

• Like 1

And not everybody does the birds thing or Facebook or any of those fancy things, although Batleybob usually puts a link up, like me I went on the Barrow website on Monday and got my ticket for the match so easy.

2 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

See the comments in the Castleford cup game topic. We actually missed out on selling tickets to fans who tried to access the website to buy. It's all very well not having any marketing or commercial tools if you're happy to continue with our ageing and declining fan base but eventually we'll be down to the proverbial man and a dog watching the games. Worrying lack of interest by the club in promoting itself.

People have stopped buying tickets online due to extra cost 

1 minute ago, bromleybulldog said:

People have stopped buying tickets online because the website hasn't been operational for a month now

The website to buy tickets is working, having overheard a number of York and wakey fans at both recently games paying on the gate or collecting tickets from their club has been cost cheaper 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the insight KTF. I didn't pay a ticket fee just the price of entry they use Ticket Tailor.

Edited by RogerT

14 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

The website to buy tickets is working, having overheard a number of York and wakey fans at both recently games paying on the gate or collecting tickets from their club has been cost cheaper 

Well, if it's working- where are the links to find it? Or is it all secret society stuff?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RogerT said:

You usually find it if there is anything advertised on facebook just click the link and up it pops, yes I know what you mean.

Hi Rog, thanks, yes I know it can be done by Facebook, I've bought tickets online myself but we're apparently now relying purely on Facebook? This is no way to attract Joe Public, new supporters, fans of the opposition. We look really AMATEUR . Clubs like Siddal and Hunslet ARLFC have better  marketing and communications than we have. And it's not that there haven't been offers by others to help out- see the comment from Redditch Bulldog above.

Edited by bromleybulldog
  • Like 1

Have to say that the length of time it's taking to "update" the Website is quite frankly ridiculous. What will it be .....5 wks/6wks?? . I know costs ( if any) may be holding it back but there has been offers from elsewhere on this forum. We seem to have had, over the years, issues/ problems with upto date information etc, and at the moment we are reaching nobody on here. So.......should it be closed down? 

• Like 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?