Barrow away

RogerT

Says it all when the Barrow fan/s are saying this was the worst Batley side in years..

10 hours ago, RogerT said:

Says it all when the Barrow fan/s are saying this was the worst Batley side in years..

The bar has been set quite high though. 

I said from the outset this squad was never going to be strong enough and even with the fairly useless DR with Cas (as we know the club can't pay loan fees) ìs never going to be strong enough. We've relied on a core 17 for A LONG TIME and then fished in murky waters. We must not go down, players have to be brought in who are ready Championship quality.

• Like 1

I wondered myself why hooley didn't pull on a shirt for batley, then saw the silly amount fev paid!

Going down would be curtains but then long old season ensues before we get dewsbury syndrome. Thing is they come back up first time of asking relatively unscathed 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

49 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

, then saw the silly amount fev paid!

Don't leave us FEV fans hanging what silly money did we pay cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

I wondered myself why hooley didn't pull on a shirt for batley, then saw the silly amount fev paid!

Going down would be curtains but then long old season ensues before we get dewsbury syndrome. Thing is they come back up first time of asking relatively unscathed 

We (Fev) didn't know we had any money😯

As anyone wondered if we said no as we have butterworth at 1 now so why play hooley for 2 games .we got one creative player but last season dissappears when it gets tough be intreste to.know if.he did against barrow or just poor play all round . We been spoilt by.the gilmore hooley.combination now we got prospects but time will tell if they grow.into.this league

6 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

As anyone wondered if we said no as we have butterworth at 1 now so why play hooley for 2 games .we got one creative player but last season dissappears when it gets tough be intreste to.know if.he did against barrow or just poor play all round . We been spoilt by.the gilmore hooley.combination now we got prospects but time will tell if they grow.into.this league

Woods? Was one of the players trying yesterday so you can’t blame him nor butterworth but playing Kear at 6 isn’t the best choice for us he slowed it down 

Who blaming.either ?, reread the post before speculating.i.was blaming either just.pointing why take hooley for 2 weeks while having butterworth and also stating what saw last season 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Woods? Was one of the players trying yesterday so you can’t blame him nor butterworth but playing Kear at 6 isn’t the best choice for us he slowed it down 

It's the un-noticed extra percentage efforts that certain players bring that make a difference in close games. White and Leak easy worth 10+ points in a game. Plus a full bench that is up to the challenge.

Correct KTF he wasn't missing the only fault I could find in him(Woods) was too many high kicks which their fullback ably dealt with and when he changed it ,it was too late the game had gone same with the k/o's always to the same man the fullback. If we had scored that first try after about 5/10 mins it would have been a different game.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Correct KTF he wasn't missing the only fault I could find in him(Woods) was too many high kicks which their fullback ably dealt with and when he changed it ,it was too late the game had gone same with the k/o's always to the same man the fullback. If we had scored that first try after about 5/10 mins it would have been a different game.

Correct it was a chance we had 

It's more the fact that kicks aren't the old Henry ones that come down with snow on. Not enough time to put a rush on the catcher. Kick offs are another problem, same kick, same length, always same catcher. If he's caught 3 or 4 he won't drop the next!

Are you and Redditch back on shore for good now.