The NRL Round 9 Thread

6 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Johnny Lomax played the back half of the 2022 season with a ruptured bicep so it is doable. I said at the time he didn’t get the appreciation he deserved for playing through that. 

But Corey Parker suggested Reynolds bicep was off the bone at the lower end. I don't think there's any way to work around that.

Score Summary

J. Riki 8, K. Staggs 47, E. Mam 49 Tries J. Manu 12, A. Crichton 27, A. Crichton 36, T. May 58, C. Watson 64, T. May 69, D. Young 72
A. Reynolds 10, R. Walsh 49, R. Walsh 51 Conversions S. Walker 13, S. Walker 29, S. Walker 37, S. Walker 59, S. Walker 65, S. Walker 70
D. Mariner 54 Sin Bin

I wish I had a fiver for every time walsh turns over possession. You can survive that against the poorer teams but you dont give up possession against the best teams.

0-4 against teams in top 5

5-0 against the rest

On 01/05/2024 at 17:11, THE RED ROOSTER said:

A bit more straightforward tipping wisse this week.

I would have agreed with that opening remark yesterday when it was posted.

Thursday went as we thought, today (Friday) though our predictions were somewhat wide of the mark with good deserved wins for Raiders and Roosters.

So much for a straightforward tipping week. Maybe it'll now return to expectancies...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Saturday’s Games

UK kick off times

XDvF09Q.jpeg

Aussie times:

Saturday, May 4
Bulldogs vs Tigers Accor Stadium Fox 3pm
Titans vs Storm Cbus Super Stadium Fox 5:30pm
Cowboys vs Dolphins Queensland Country Bank Stadium Fox 7:35pm
Edited by Graham

Every single round in this NRL season as a wowzer day and this was the day for Round Nine.

Great comeback by Ricky's Raiders, but this result tells you more about Manly's premiership credentials. They should not have lost having built up a lead against a side as depleted as the Raiders were. Yes, they have a great backline but not such a great pack and seem to have a "mental flabbyness" about the team. Pretenders rather than Contenders, likely to extend their regular season by one week.

As for the other game, one of the big questions has been is the big three really a big four with the Roosters spoken in nthe same breath as the Panthers, Storm and Broncos. Personally I need a bit more convincing on that in respect of the Roosters, but with the Injuries to Jessie Arthurs and more importantly Adam Reynolds that are long term it puts a question mark against the Bronx. Again I am not writing them off in Round 9, but the time has come forKevin Walters to earn his salary.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

10 hours ago, Farmduck said:

But Corey Parker suggested Reynolds bicep was off the bone at the lower end. I don't think there's any way to work around that.

The reason Wolf said it was possible for Lomax to play through it was it was so bad it was impossible to make it worse. The idea is the pain is so bad eventually the pain receptors make it easier and easier to deal with. 

Score Summary

K. Mann 23J. Curran 45B. Xerri 57 Tries C. Staines 16F. Pole 27
M. Burton 25M. Burton 46M. Burton 59 Conversions A. Sezer 17A. Sezer 29
M. Burton 50M. Burton 54 Penalty Goals A. Sezer 14
  Sin Bin D. Klemmer 75A. Seyfarth 75

Caught up after a late start. Early game was pretty watchable, aside from the score.

Storm score their second after Tights had an early 6-point lead.

Tries to Munster and Warbrick

Meaney 1/2

Storm 10 - 6

It was always a mystery to me why Wests swapped Blore for Olam. If Blore played like this season you wouldn't have needed Olam. Did Wests really need Olam? I thought they needed more creative forwards. 

36mni: Sami try. I thought he still had a finger on the ball. Bunker agreed with me.

Kelly goal

Titans  12 - 20

He clearly didn't have control of the ball but if he still has a finger on it, has he lost it? He's clearly losing it but hasn't lost it yet, would be my interpretation.

1 minute before HT Papenhuyzen limps off with some kind of lower leg enhobblement.

48min: Brimson try + Kelly goal

Titans  18 - 20

Faalogo HIA'd during HT??? Melbourne doctor informed NRL officials at the end of HT that he was HIA and not coming back. This means his compulsory off-field time starts at that point. If they had decided earlier and informed the officials immediately, he could be back on the field by now, given that he has passed HIA and returned to the bench.

58min: Brimstone plants the ball behind the sticks but Beau Furball took Munster out of the line in the lead-up.

Another one where the defender probably wouldn't have stopped the try but he hit the deck to make sure the officials saw it and the decision is consistent with current NRL decisions.

68min: Meaney kicks a penalty goal after hitting the post with an almost identical kick 3 minutes earlier

Storm  22 - 20

Titans win a Challenge in the 73rd minute but it's a technical win. They were right but they didn't get the ball back. So they knocked on but they keep their challenge.

78min: Titans challenge a knock on call but bunker decides it was a strip and penalty against the Coast