Fri 3rd-Sun 5th May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Patton I must have ond of the worst attitudes going. Swinton was awarded a penalty but that wasn't enough and Patton kept going verbally. Penalty reversed for decent and we go in for I believe the final try.

Haven't seen too many Swinton games where he doesn't get penalised at least once for arguing with the ref. Presumably he thinks it's working though.

Great to see the Widnes hardcore growing to up to 3k. 

A few decent results will slowly see that rise further. 

A great league and not underestimated by any Leigh fan who had some great times down there. 

Here is to hoping SL becomes 14 teams and some sleeping giants can become great once again sooner rather than later ! 

• Like 1

On 06/05/2024 at 10:03, Mumby Magic said:

For our game, expected more from Swinton. They had the ball for nearly the first 10 minutes and I thought, here we go.... 

We did what we need to that's the best way to put it. 2 side notes 1. Great fans 2. Patton I must have ond of the worst attitudes going. Swinton was awarded a penalty but that wasn't enough and Patton kept going verbally. Penalty reversed for decent and we go in for I believe the final try.

I thought Bradford were the best team I have seen this season, big and powerful in the forwards that allowed Lilly and in particular Gill to look dangerous as we were always on the back foot the second half of sets.

You are right about Patton. He has been outstanding for us before Sunday but keeps costing us points with his indisclpine, I am not sure we would have beat Dewsbury and Halifax without him though, hes on a fair whack as well 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

6 hours ago, Mark said:

I thought Bradford were the best team I have seen this season, big and powerful in the forwards that allowed Lilly and in particular Gill to look dangerous as we were always on the back foot the second half of sets.

You are right about Patton. He has been outstanding for us before Sunday but keeps costing us points with his indisclpine, I am not sure we would have beat Dewsbury and Halifax without him though, hes on a fair whack as well 

Thank u for that. Me and my family/friends enjoy going to watch at yours. Patton SL ability just down to attitude.

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 05/05/2024 at 18:20, doc said:

Widnes v Doncaster 16-14

Att 2936

Maybe 30 Dons fans, very vocal.

Ref looked about 18. Some interesting decisions, ahem, for or against both sides. 

Having just watched the video of the game, I'll be interested to see whether the (marginally) late tackle by Matagi that was put on report goes to the disciplinary. The Widnes players were clearly unhappy about it, but it only really got picked up because there was a stoppage for a high tackle in the same move - none of the officials seemed to see it.

• Like 1