TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Catalans Dragons V Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Catalans Dragons V Wigan Warriors (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalans (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Wigan (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

I thought it was a sending off, but wasn't as dangerous as many others. The Cats are certainly a "physical" side though, and still have a lot of talented players. Glad we don't have to play them again.

#42 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Sending off was justified, but was more poor technique and reckless rather intention so a match ban at most I feel. Unlike some Wigan fans I thought the reffing was fine, Catalans are a physical side but Child was lenient for both teams and let the game flow which is all I can ask. Just glad to come away with the win.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#43 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (snapski @ Jul 4 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
of course it was a sending off.
only wigan fans will say it wasn't.

Only the minority if this thread is anything to go by!

#44 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (shrek @ Jul 4 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only the minority if this thread is anything to go by!

Just seen it on the rewind and it was never a sending off.

#45 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thats a good win and i see with only four overseas imports.

With Liam Farrell and Lee Mossop coming through i'm not sure Phil Bails Bailey will get back in the team.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#46 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Another good 2 points for us.

Coley's challenge was no worse than Peacocks's on Tomkins in the cup quarter final and Peacock didn't even get a yellow.

Edited by John Drake, 05 July 2010 - 12:07 PM.
ref abuse removed

#47 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

In the end a good win against an improving Cats at their place, where we have never done too well in the past.

Bit of a drop off toward the end, but not unexpected when down to 12 men, and a depleted bench through injuries (McIlorum ankle injury early on, followed by Prescott off for a while needing stitches).

As for the sending off, no problem, but on a different day and a different ref who knows what the outcome would have been. And that is the problem, inconstancy. If every time something like this happened it was an automatic red there would be nothing to debate. However, at the moment it seems to be luck of the draw whether you are punished accordingly at the time, or it is left for the disciplinary to deal with retrospectively.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#48 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Well I see that Coley has been charged under Law 15.1 (cool.gif for his "high tackle" in this game. I for one, would like to know why this law applies to Coley in this instance but did not apply to Peacock for his reckless high tackle on Tomkins in the Cup quarter final.

If contact to the head is illegal in this instance why was Senior's contact to the head of the other Tomkins with the boot deemed less illegal than an identical incident a week later involving a Castleford player?

RFL = Rules For Leeds.

dry.gif

#49 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

The penalties towards the end by Childs I thought was to keep both teams apart.
Their had been quite a few digs and the Cats were a bit like cheap shot merchants. Not seen that before from them but things like treading on hands, kicking ankles etc. There were verbals going on throughout the game. If he hadn't done then there could have been a brawl.
Childs could have done with more help during the game from the VR Bentham. Alas Bentham was as useless at VR as he is on the field.
Until the sending off I thought it was as convincing a win as you'll see.
After Coley went the final score flattered Catalans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users