• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,171 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Jul 20 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On what basis? Their ground looks better than Wakey's for a start, and has more cover

Not big enough

#42 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (bowes @ Jul 20 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not big enough

Why not give them 3 years in SL to sort it out then? Better that then leaving clubs in there who have already had their 3 years.

In fact I think any club who has managed to win through to SL on the pitch should be given a 3 year stay of execution to sort it out

#43 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

This thread isn't about SL, that's been done to death.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#44 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (bowes @ Jul 19 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It needn't be the same setup, but I don't see how sides going into administration on promotion every year is doing anyone any favours. Should be one bigger division open to all sides meeting criteria, not the lets put 2 or 3 clubs into administration a year setup

Barrow would never have gone up, they'd fail ground criteria.

I think you are being deliberately evasive bowes. How is it any different whether a side goes in to administration on promotion or trying to win a tick in a box to try to get the chance to apply for a SL franchise?

Administration is the same surely no matter what the circumstances that cuased it. Clubs in the top half of the Championship are all chasing the dream of getting a tick so that they can apply for licence, not guaranteed promotion. That tick only lasts for the 3 year period that they are in for licences and then they have to try all over again. That to me is more destructive to clubs financially than the old P & R system.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users