Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Willie Manu - Call up for England

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (nadera78 @ Jul 24 2010, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's already been claimed by Tonga.

Ahh, that explains the flag sticking out of his ###### then.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#82 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

How do you explain the shadows? And the flag waving? It looks like a mock up to me.
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#83 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (no13benny @ Jul 24 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you explain the shadows? And the flag waving? It looks like a mock up to me.

biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#84 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Willie Manu doesn't actually play in England. He plays in the Nevada desert.

rldfsignature.jpg

#85 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (my missus @ Jul 24 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he played for tonga in the 2008 world cup.

And then decided he was English!!!!!

rldfsignature.jpg

#86 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (HappyDave @ Jul 22 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are Ellis, Burgess & Widdop not in the squad?? Plus why has it been picked already rather than in a few months time?

I would imagine that a casual answer to the second question you pose is that McNamara has got F-all else to do and toying with stupidity like the inclusion of Manu is something that he can do to get some press coverage for his R/L Guardianista type of job.................... As someone stated "the rep game is becoming a joke", furthermore it also seems that a clown has been installed to lead the show. mad.gif

#87 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

Btw, I forgot that Lennox Lewis, Ruzeski (?), Pieterson & Hape are all English. biggrin.gif ... Hang on!... No they're not! Oh! It seems loads of sports 'bend' the rules. Who'd have thunk it?...

I'm not saying it's right, as it's not, but still don't see how this is much different from other sports. Especcially when athletics used to 'fast track' citazenship?...

I just don't see why he needs him with The likes of Ellis, Burgess, Joel Tompkins, Ben Westwood & BJB available for selection.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#88 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

Er actually lennox lewis is English. He was born in west ham in 1965 and didn't move to Canada until he was 12. Sorry!

The rest you can have tho biggrin.gif

Edited by fatboystu, 29 July 2010 - 05:30 AM.

#89 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

Oops! I didn't realise! Well, I think most people accept Lewis & Pieterson as 'English' (even if they don't realise Lennox is actually English). Where as the others, well... biggrin.gif
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#90 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Helen Mirren isn't English! And she was the Queen. rolleyes.gif

No matter where you sit on the eligibility fence, truth is, Manu ain't good enough.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#91 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (HappyDave @ Jul 29 2010, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, I forgot that Lennox Lewis, Ruzeski (?), Pieterson & Hape are all English. biggrin.gif ... Hang on!... No they're not! Oh! It seems loads of sports 'bend' the rules. Who'd have thunk it?...

I'm not saying it's right, as it's not, but still don't see how this is much different from other sports. Especcially when athletics used to 'fast track' citazenship?...

I just don't see why he needs him with The likes of Ellis, Burgess, Joel Tompkins, Ben Westwood & BJB available for selection.

Did Rusedski ever represent Canada at tennis? Wasn't Rusedski's mother from Keighley? So he'd qualify under the parent/grandparent rule. Did Pieterson ever play cricket for SA? He'd qualify under the residential rule. Hape would also qualify under the residential rule and has never played RU for another nation (even though it's a joke). The reverse of the Fa'asavalu situation.

rldfsignature.jpg

#92 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 29 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No matter where you sit on the eligibility fence, truth is, Manu ain't good enough.

Born in Hammersmith. tongue.gif O and the Queen isn't 100% English and her children are half greek. laugh.gif

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#93 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 29 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Queen's German ph34r.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#94 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Jul 29 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Born in Hammersmith. tongue.gif O and the Queen isn't 100% English and her children are half greek. laugh.gif

Oohhhh. Feck. Damn heritage! dry.gif La-la-la, move along, nothing to see here.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#95 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (nadera78 @ Jul 22 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's not f***ing English!

totally agree always new mcnamara was a dimwit.

#96 motorface

motorface
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

He's not English....end of. If he does somehow get picked to play then he is depriving an Englishman of a chance to play for his country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users