Willie Manu - Call up for England

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he didn't 'spud it would still be morally wrong to select him. We may as well tell Tonga to not bother playing internationally any more as any players they pick who've ever played professionally in England or Australia for more than three years will more than likely defect given half a hope of a cap.

he played for tonga in the 2008 world cup.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Are Ellis, Burgess & Widdop not in the squad?? Plus why has it been picked already rather than in a few months time?

I would imagine that a casual answer to the second question you pose is that McNamara has got F-all else to do and toying with stupidity like the inclusion of Manu is something that he can do to get some press coverage for his R/L Guardianista type of job.................... As someone stated "the rep game is becoming a joke", furthermore it also seems that a clown has been installed to lead the show. :angry:

Btw, I forgot that Lennox Lewis, Ruzeski (?), Pieterson & Hape are all English. :D ... Hang on!... No they're not! Oh! It seems loads of sports 'bend' the rules. Who'd have thunk it?...

I'm not saying it's right, as it's not, but still don't see how this is much different from other sports. Especcially when athletics used to 'fast track' citazenship?...

I just don't see why he needs him with The likes of Ellis, Burgess, Joel Tompkins, Ben Westwood & BJB available for selection.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Oops! I didn't realise! Well, I think most people accept Lewis & Pieterson as 'English' (even if they don't realise Lennox is actually English). Where as the others, well... :D

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Btw, I forgot that Lennox Lewis, Ruzeski (?), Pieterson & Hape are all English. :D ... Hang on!... No they're not! Oh! It seems loads of sports 'bend' the rules. Who'd have thunk it?...

I'm not saying it's right, as it's not, but still don't see how this is much different from other sports. Especcially when athletics used to 'fast track' citazenship?...

I just don't see why he needs him with The likes of Ellis, Burgess, Joel Tompkins, Ben Westwood & BJB available for selection.

Did Rusedski ever represent Canada at tennis? Wasn't Rusedski's mother from Keighley? So he'd qualify under the parent/grandparent rule. Did Pieterson ever play cricket for SA? He'd qualify under the residential rule. Hape would also qualify under the residential rule and has never played RU for another nation (even though it's a joke). The reverse of the Fa'asavalu situation.

rldfsignature.jpg