cas confirm shenton will leave

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

cas have confired that micheal shenton will leave the club at the end of the season.
he is expected to sign for st helens. i was hoping that the mathers, owen n orr signings for
next year might of persuaded him to stay bt i suppose it was only a matter of time before
this happened

http://www.skysports...6274764,00.html

Edited by jackknife, 22 July 2010 - 04:21 PM.

COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Jul 22 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cas have confired that micheal shenton will leave the club at the end of the season.
he is expected to sign for st helens. i was hoping that the mathers, owen n orr signings for
next year might of persuaded him to stay bt i suppose it was only a matter of time before
this happened

http://www.skysports...6274764,00.html

Two of those signings are probably why he is leaving, doesn't show much ambition does it.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#3 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

If Shenton gets confirmed as a Saints signing I will be a happy happy man.

About time we had some pace in the backline, he isnt too shoddy with his defence either.

#4 Cruncher

Cruncher
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (The Boy Saint @ Jul 22 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Shenton gets confirmed as a Saints signing I will be a happy happy man.

About time we had some pace in the backline, he isnt too shoddy with his defence either.

I wouldn't say pace is his greatest asset, he's more in the Paul Newlove mould (so should go well at Saints).

#5 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Cruncher @ Jul 22 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't say pace is his greatest asset, he's more in the Paul Newlove mould (so should go well at Saints).

This post has astounded me!!

He's very very pacy and defensively outstanding.

massive loss to the club and a great asset for (presumably) Saints - Good luck to him
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#6 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Great signing for Saints, Hope they announce it today which would top off a great week biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 23 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This post has astounded me!!

He's very very pacy and defensively outstanding.

massive loss to the club and a great asset for (presumably) Saints - Good luck to him

It was an astounding post, wasn't it? The idea that Shenton could be mentioned in the same sentence as Newlove is preposterous.

He's defensively solid. That's about it.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Jul 23 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was an astounding post, wasn't it? The idea that Shenton could be mentioned in the same sentence as Newlove is preposterous.

He's defensively solid. That's about it.

laugh.gif

Now try again without your blue and white glasses
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#9 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

If Shenton signes for Saints i'll be very happy. He's not in the same class as Newlove yet but he has plently of developing to do. I remember when Newy first came to Saints he was brilliant in attack but his defence was somewhat dodgey and it took another couple of years before he became a truly world class player.
Hopefully Shenton will develop the same way.
Saints will have a pretty decent set of backs with Shenton, Soliola, Lomax, Pryce & Eastmond in it next year.

#10 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

I've never seen what all the fuss is about. Solid player. Cas will bounce back.

#11 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,716 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Saint Toppy @ Jul 23 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Shenton signes for Saints i'll be very happy. He's not in the same class as Newlove yet but he has plently of developing to do. I remember when Newy first came to Saints he was brilliant in attack but his defence was somewhat dodgey and it took another couple of years before he became a truly world class player.
Hopefully Shenton will develop the same way.
Saints will have a pretty decent set of backs with Shenton, Soliola, Lomax, Pryce & Eastmond in it next year.

This will have been the same developing Newlove who had already scored circa 200 tries in the top flight, played for GB for 6 years and had scored a try in the 33-10 test win at Melbourne in 1992 then? Nice to see how Saints shaped a low-key career. rolleyes.gif

Shenton will be a good signing but is not in the same class as Newlove TBH.

#12 BringBacktheBiff

BringBacktheBiff
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Is Gidley retiring at the end of the season? if he is will be sorry to see the back of him, one of the best imports to play SL i think. Oozes class.

#13 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

I've never really seen the fuss about Shenton's supposed attacking prowess, has always looked like a poor man's Gary Connolly in my book - better defender than attacker. He'll go well for Saints who have struggled for a pair of centres in recent times, but if he is a straight replacement for Gidley then in my view it is a step down and more based on potential than polish.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 24 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...a poor man's Gary Connolly...

Every centre is a poor man's Gary Connolly!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 24 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every centre is a poor man's Gary Connolly!

Now you see... wink.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users