TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet v Wukkie tonight on Sky

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Aug 5 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to see young Sarah on the line - easy on the eye I'm sure too fellas
linky to news piece on the girls

Phil Huck's daughter is certainly bonnier than Phil by a long chalk !!!

I remember Phil who for those that dont know is short sighted coming cross field to take Dennis bailey or was it Eddie Rombo out and smashing the lino instead, said after he swore it was player he hit laugh.gif

Same can be said of Beth biggrin.gif cos her fathers a right nob biggrin.gif

Edited by Lee, 05 August 2010 - 08:43 PM.

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#22 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 5 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I'm biased but IMO Jarrad Stack is the best forward in this division by a mile, hopefully he'll show it tonight.

I think Chapman will remember him.... biggrin.gif
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#23 TownArmy

TownArmy
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Bedford Roughyed @ Aug 5 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Chapman will remember him.... biggrin.gif

haha, dont pick on Stacky with a cheap shot!

#24 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 5 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember Phil who for those that dont know is short sighted coming cross field to take Dennis bailey or was it Eddie Rombo out and smashing the lino instead, said after he swore it was player he hit laugh.gif

Ah, now Phil Huck was a player and a half. Definitely one from the old school.

Do you remember the car he used to drive? That thing would have been a death trap whoever was driving it, let alone when the famously blind as a bat Phil Huck was behind the wheel.

That's me.  I'm done.

#25 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Steve May @ Aug 6 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, now Phil Huck was a player and a half. Definitely one from the old school.

Do you remember the car he used to drive? That thing would have been a death trap whoever was driving it, let alone when the famously blind as a bat Phil Huck was behind the wheel.

I couldnt recall the full story for obvious reasons

You know what Phil does now for a day job?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#26 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 6 2010, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldnt recall the full story for obvious reasons

You know what Phil does now for a day job?

No idea. I could make a few guesses though!

That's me.  I'm done.

#27 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Big Col @ Aug 5 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do like to watch the lower divisions but boy it's embrassing when you have people like Ryan McDonald running around in the shape he is in. He is a fat slug offering nothing to this game. Surely Workington have some young and lean kids they can give a run to?

He must be holding the record for 3rd man tackles and the 30secs it takes him to get back on side.

Were as im guessing your an incredible athlete who could easily play a full 80 minutes without even breaking sweat. And I would love to see yo call him a fat slug to his face, now kindly go away. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought Town were superb given the situation where we had played sunday and had to travel. Oh and had to play against the 3 refs of Roby, March and March (even though that does sound like a solicitors smile.gif ). Was a bit annoying how Sky and its pundits had already decided the outcome and expected us to roll over and have our bellies rubbed, but that just made it sweeter when we` took it to em` as my old coach used to say. With a bit more luck or run of the ball we could have provided a massive shock, but im more than happy with the way we played and the bonus point. Was a bit surprised at how poor Hunslet were, but the hat trick scorer does look a hell of a prospect.

#28 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Steve May @ Aug 6 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No idea. I could make a few guesses though!

I dont mean this in any disrespectful way at all

He operates a lathe !!!

#29 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (dkw @ Aug 6 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were as im guessing your an incredible athlete who could easily play a full 80 minutes without even breaking sweat. And I would love to see yo call him a fat slug to his face, now kindly go away. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought Town were superb given the situation where we had played sunday and had to travel. Oh and had to play against the 3 refs of Roby, March and March (even though that does sound like a solicitors smile.gif ). Was a bit annoying how Sky and its pundits had already decided the outcome and expected us to roll over and have our bellies rubbed, but that just made it sweeter when we` took it to em` as my old coach used to say. With a bit more luck or run of the ball we could have provided a massive shock, but im more than happy with the way we played and the bonus point. Was a bit surprised at how poor Hunslet were, but the hat trick scorer does look a hell of a prospect.

Those with knowledge of this level of RL will know that the hat trick scorer Wayne McHugh has been around for years (I think he is 30) but his off field antics have prevented him making a decent career. He is a very, very good player and always has been but a quick search on google will reveal the extent of his "issues".

Posted Image

#30 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

Enjoyed watching this yesterday and I thought more than one occasion Workington looked the better side.
Maybe it was just me but the disallowed Hunslet try was a try for mine.

The biff at the end was great stuff biggrin.gif

#31 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Keith Nutter @ Aug 6 2010, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those with knowledge of this level of RL will know that the hat trick scorer Wayne McHugh has been around for years (I think he is 30) but his off field antics have prevented him making a decent career. He is a very, very good player and always has been but a quick search on google will reveal the extent of his "issues".

Don't know about that Keith, I'd say that McHugh has had a very successful career at our level of the sport. I'd wager that he's scored well over 100 tries over the last ten years, and I bet he's not that far off a try per game ratio over the course his time in the game.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#32 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

Were Leeds council ever contractually bound to complete doing up the SLS to a 10k stadium?

A second Leeds team in SL would be good for the game

#33 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 6 2010, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enjoyed watching this yesterday and I thought more than one occasion Workington looked the better side.
Maybe it was just me but the disallowed Hunslet try was a try for mine.

The biff at the end was great stuff biggrin.gif

Was fun wasnt it, and Town won that......at least im claiming we did. We should get another bonus point for that.

#34 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (HaroldShand @ Aug 6 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know about that Keith, I'd say that McHugh has had a very successful career at our level of the sport. I'd wager that he's scored well over 100 tries over the last ten years, and I bet he's not that far off a try per game ratio over the course his time in the game.

Well he scored over 50 in 2 seasons at Featherstone. Think he was there for roughly 3 so don't know the total.

Cummins Out.

#35 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Aug 6 2010, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was fun wasnt it, and Town won that......at least im claiming we did. We should get another bonus point for that.

I think should Bradford ever go bust I'll support the Hawks, all they did last night was shout anti Leeds songs which is my idea of heaven tongue.gif

Just watching the replay now on Sky Sports 3.

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 6 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watching the replay now on Sky Sports 3.

So am I and the RFL need to take a look at the incident in the 38th minute where March instructs Wabo to charge in and hit a Town player. The Town winger had been half tackled and was on his backside with a Hunslet player holding his lower body. March was holding him up and he truned and shouted to Wabo to charge him. Wabo charge in and March jumped out of the way as Wabo arrived. Fortunately contact wasn't as serious as it might have been but it was certainly designed to cause physical injury to the Workington winger and something the game doe not need.

Edited by Keith T, 06 August 2010 - 03:11 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#37 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 6 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all they did last night was shout anti Leeds songs

There were some anti-York songs in there too. Last night was a great chance for the fans to big up their own club on live TV, but instead they have a go at other clubs. Do any Leeds Rhino's fans actually know Hunslet even exist?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#38 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Keith T @ Aug 6 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So am I and the RFL need to take a look at the incident in the 38th minute where March instructs Wabo to charge in and hit a Town player. The Town winger had been half tackled and was on his backside with a Hunslet player holding his lower body. March was holding him up and he truned and shouted to Wabo to charge him. Wabo charge in and March jumped out of the way as Wabo arrived. Fortunately contact wasn't as serious as it might have been but it was certainly designed to cause physical injury to the Workington winger and something the game doe not need.

It was a disgusting challenge, and March and Wabo should be hammered for it. On another day that could have caused Backhouse a massive problem, though no surprise to see it was one of the March brothers involved. Hopefully someone at Town will put that challenge to the RFL and ask for something to be done.

#39 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Simon Hall @ Aug 6 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were some anti-York songs in there too. Last night was a great chance for the fans to big up their own club on live TV, but instead they have a go at other clubs. Do any Leeds Rhino's fans actually know Hunslet even exist?

That's South Leeds for you, brain dead most of them.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#40 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 6 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's South Leeds for you, brain dead most of them.

Bit rich is that coming from someone who goes in South stand at Headingley very intelligent lot they are.
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users