Sheffield v Leigh. Co-operative Championship tonight KO 7.30 PM

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:04 AM

link

Last home game for Sheffield, important game for the outcome of the playoffs, plus doing the RL family proud again caring for others

Come on Leeeeigh biggrin.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#2 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Aug 19 2010, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
link

Last home game for Sheffield, important game for the outcome of the playoffs, plus doing the RL family proud again caring for others

Come on Leeeeigh biggrin.gif

will hopefully be there tonight..

come on the eagles!

#3 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

Leigh by 10 for me.

#4 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Aug 19 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leigh by 10 for me.

Probably. You never known which Sheffield team will turn up, and whether they'll play to the game plan they're given (they didn't last week v Widnes).

FIngers crossed for a good game - heading up to Sheffield later to take in the game.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#5 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

See you later if you're in the bar after. I'm on interchange duty.

It's a special event for the Armed Forces today in honour of ex-Eagle Liam Brentley who was seriously injured in the line of duty.

Also, this is good:

Eagles will make their game against Leigh Centurions one to remember for young visiting fan William Barlow.

The six-year-old will be presented to both teams before the kick-off as a thank you for his gift of boots and kit to the Kits2Kids charity set up by Eagles player Menzie Yere and backed by the club.

Sports fans have been asked to send Yere their old shirts, boots and surplus kit, which he plans to ship out to his native Papua New Guineafor distribution to local players.

Launched four months ago as Kits for Kumuls, the appeal has received donations of sports gear from across the UK, Europe and Australia.

Chris Noble, MBE, an Eagles director who is co-ordinating the appeal, said: About six weeks ago we received a parcel from William Barlow who is a Leigh Centurions supporter. William had sent his shirts and boots for us to pass on to the children of Papua New Guinea who are less fortunate than himself and a letter of support from him.

William is attending the game at Bramall Lane with his grandparents and will be presented to the players of both teams.

Congratulations and the thanks of us all go to William a true rugby league fan and an example to us all.

Fans and clubs can pledge their support and find out how to send shirts and kit by going to www.kits2kids.com. Cash donations towards shipping costs are also welcome.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#6 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Leigh by more than 12 please .....ok pretty please
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#7 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Looks a fine ground Bramhall Lane on TV, if only there was some fans in that stadium?

Worthy of SL.

#8 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (redditchbulldog @ Aug 19 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leigh by more than 12 please .....ok pretty please

Tough luck!

#9 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

Just finished watching this and I must say both sides deserve some praise for giving us an entertaining game in the awful playing conditions.

#10 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 19 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just finished watching this and I must say both sides deserve some praise for giving us an entertaining game in the awful playing conditions.

Yes.

Thank Goodness Eagles won just! We tried to throw it away!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#11 dkgfd

dkgfd
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

I went to the game and when you are in the stadium, the atmosphere is excellent and it feels quite busy. It's surprising when they show on tv how empty it looks!

A very entertaining game and there was a real family feel to the bar afterwards with all the players in attendance. Its how sport should be.

Well done Eagles. Lets hope they keep playing at Bramall Lane and are allowed to build a decent fanbase.
errr.........is it scaramanga?

#12 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (dkgfd @ Aug 20 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to the game and when you are in the stadium, the atmosphere is excellent and it feels quite busy. It's surprising when they show on tv how empty it looks!

A very entertaining game and there was a real family feel to the bar afterwards with all the players in attendance. Its how sport should be.

Well done Eagles. Lets hope they keep playing at Bramall Lane and are allowed to build a decent fanbase.

I can't help thinking that with unfettered promotion, the crowd would be much higher

They are potentially a big club

#13 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 20 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't help thinking that with unfettered promotion, the crowd would be much higher

They are potentially a big club

I seriously doubt it. Most new fans who you are trying to attract neither know nor care about P+R. They would be far more likely to turn up if Sheffield were in SuperLeague simply because Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Hull etc. are much bigger draws, and not just for the extra away supporters.

#14 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Aug 20 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seriously doubt it. Most new fans who you are trying to attract neither know nor care about P+R. They would be far more likely to turn up if Sheffield were in SuperLeague simply because Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Hull etc. are much bigger draws, and not just for the extra away supporters.

I would guess that soccer fans in Sheffield know all about P&R

Face it 1200 diehards is about the bare bones of what you get with no P&R

#15 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Aug 20 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They would be more likely to turn out in the Championship if they had the prospect of facing Leeds, Wigan, Saints and Hull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users