• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

Eagles win 21-14

Brendon Lindsay has 2 MoM performances in a row. Certainly going out on top of his game.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#2 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Fair play Sheff, Grinded out the result in the end, we fluffed several chances you took yours, Hope you get to the Final now after winning away to Leigh & Barrow, Fax away will be tough but you can do it.

#3 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eagles win 21-14

Brendon Lindsay has 2 MoM performances in a row. Certainly going out on top of his game.

Good story. I can see plenty of 'Linday aiming to go out on a high' type press releases next week biggrin.gif Before the Fax game I mean.

Terrible commentary from Radio Dumbria - didn't know ANY of the Eagles players names bar Henderson. It sounded like one team was playing for 80 minutes!

Still, cracking win - well done to Tubby and all the lads.

Can we beat Fax though? They seem to be our bogey team!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#4 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Sep 11 2010, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Terrible commentary from Radio Dumbria - didn't know ANY of the Eagles players names bar Henderson. It sounded like one team was playing for 80 minutes!

Sadly have to agree, it made difficult listening, well done Sheff.

#5 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hard to pick a winner but whomever wins will lose v Featherston. Head and shoulders wink.gif above the rest of the teams in the Championship.

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 10 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hard to pick a winner but whomever wins will lose v Featherston. Head and shoulders wink.gif above the rest of the teams in the Championship.

Like they were on August 1st at PO Road?

#7 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Sep 10 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can we beat Fax though? They seem to be our bogey team!

Never had the pleasure of listening to a radio Cumbria commentary but from what I've heard, they make DDD sound like an impartial observer.

Halifax are busted, you'll do them.

Widnes going out was your key, find it hard to believe that Fax have turned you over more than we have.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#8 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Jill Halfpenny fan @ Sep 10 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never had the pleasure of listening to a radio Cumbria commentary but from what I've heard, they make DDD sound like an impartial observer.

Widnes going out was your key, find it hard to believe that Fax have turned you over more than we have.

We had a poor record against Leigh and we had lost twice to Barrow in the league, so who knows. All conjecture now, all that matters is the Shay on Thursday. I bet Fev would prefer Halifax.

#9 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 10 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet Fev would prefer Halifax.

Agree with that.

#10 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 2 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Widnes will beat Barrow

Fev will beat Fax

Sheffield will go to Widnes and win

Fax will then beat Sheffield

Fev will beat Fax

Fev win grand final

Lets see if thats anywhere near

Just got the Widnes one wrong but im still in there biggrin.gif

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#11 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,737 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

If Sheffield win, that would mean the maximum number of teams would be able to apply for a SL license. 4/4 different Grand Finalists and 2/2 different NRC winners.

And none of them are Leigh! laugh.gif
Posted Image

#12 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 10 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like they were on August 1st at PO Road?

I will put money on it Tim. Every dog has its day and Aug 1st was your teams. I support none of the teams but anybody can see Featherstone are by far the best team in the Championship.

#13 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Jill Halfpenny fan @ Sep 10 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Widnes going out was a given - very very average side. It shouldnt be hard to believe that Fax have turned Sheffield over more than Widnes, Widnes hardley turned anyone over did they?

Edited by a.n Other, 10 September 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#14 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Jill Halfpenny fan @ Sep 11 2010, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair the RC Commenters (Joss Kenley & Co )on the Barrow games are usually very good, knowledgeable and not very biased,but tonight they did not seem to recognise the sheff players, its was sheff this & sheff player that, its the Haven commentor a certain Mr Cox who is cringeworthy 1000% biased on their games, he is a joke, Cox by name etc.

#15 Vengeance

Vengeance
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Sep 11 2010, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sheffield win, that would mean the maximum number of teams would be able to apply for a SL license. 4/4 different Grand Finalists and 2/2 different NRC winners.

But they cant.

At present, only Widnes and theoretically Halifax will be allowed to apply. The RFL's application criteria prevent any others applying and I am only assuming Fax might be allowed because I dont know their turnover figures. It may well just be Widnes that are even eligible to put a bid in, as they are the only team to be acknowledged as meeting the RFL rules on SL applications.

Edited by Vengeance, 11 September 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#16 Johnny Rocco

Johnny Rocco
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (a.n Other @ Sep 11 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Widnes going out was a given - very very average side. It shouldnt be hard to believe that Fax have turned Sheffield over more than Widnes, Widnes hardley turned anyone over did they?

You've actually got that a bit wrong ANO in the past 3 years Sheffield have beaten Fax 3 times in the league & once in the NRC and have yet to win against Widnes. In fact the last time Sheffield beat us was 11 March 2001. You could say we are their bogey team.

#17 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (a.n Other @ Sep 11 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out the Sheffield record against Widnes.

It ain't that great.

No matter how ###### we've been we still seem to beat them.

#18 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

I'd expect Sheffield to go to Halifax and win on Thursday. Despite their injuries, Halifax still have a galaxy of Championship talent at their disposal, but they are diabolically coached and their tactics are non-existant. Despite the fact I can't stand him, Mark Aston is a very shrewd and clever coach and will exploit Fax's many deficiencies.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#19 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Vengeance @ Sep 11 2010, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they cant.

At present, only Widnes and theoretically Halifax will be allowed to apply. The RFL's application criteria prevent any others applying and I am only assuming Fax might be allowed because I dont know their turnover figures. It may well just be Widnes that are even eligible to put a bid in, as they are the only team to be acknowledged as meeting the RFL rules on SL applications.

Why? The application criteria is either winning the NRC or appearing in the Championship Final.

#20 Johnny Rocco

Johnny Rocco
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (MidlandsRugbyLeague @ Sep 12 2010, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? The application criteria is either winning the NRC or appearing in the Championship Final.

And having a 1m turnover and averaging 2,500 crowd and having 10,000 capacity, have I missed any?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users