Learn from the three mistakes

Blue Pike

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest you get out your dictionary back out and look up the term "Bullying"

I appear to have only bruised your ego by shooting down your posts with actual fact based on personal hands on experience - something that you possibly didnt envisage anyone to have on here and you clearly wasnt prepared for it - and now youve taken your bat home and gone for a sulk

. I am not sulking but I have noticed whilst getting intelligent criticism from people like Robin,phantom and Marklaspalmas which I accept due to their fair play you on the other hand always seem to target me with nastiness since I started posting .I only wish to ruffle up the train of thought as there is a lot of boring drivel posted on here from time to time and I try to eleviate this and I'm only speaking my mind but you seem to have a bit of pent up anger towards me for some reason.well tomorrow I'm off to the club shop to buy another away shirt at 3.30 if you want to get this anger off your chest feel free to come down and vent it off on me.

Unless you have me confused with someone else i believe this is the first thread i have challenged one of your posts unless you have evidence otherwise or are posting under a new account? Please list other examples if so

I call a spade a spade and, as you refer to it - your visa points was complete drivel, no proper research was done prior to posting so as someone with experience in the matter, I of course i took advantage of your inexperience on this particular matter, the same way id expect you to do the same if i was incorrect in your level of experience

if you dont like the tone or believe you are being targeted or there is some alterior motive...then simply tough and thats your problem

Unfortuneatly as you can see from the time of this post (6.45am) i am a night shift worker who has just got home and will be in bed by the time 3.30pm comes around and if you think i am ducking you please PM our moderator and she will confirm my hours of work

however i thank you for your invite

long term achievement will hopefully pay off,try applying for a working visa and see how long it takes been there done it it takes the burecrats time and a lot of badgering,did you turn up when they asked for offers of help,or just sit in your armchair and make snide comments, true fans see what is trying to be achieved. lets get the season started and look forward without the blinkers.

. I've followed Fev for 42 years since I was a seven year old going to the majority of home games and about half as many away games throughout all these years .i marched against us merging to become Calder and was instrumental in persuading friends work colleagues and family not to vote to merge with our neighbours but to stand on our own as Fev Rovers which the result of the ballot confirmed.I donated 300 pounds to the club when they nearly went bust out of my own pocket when I was bringing up a young family and was skint but put our club first and I also gave 180 pounds back to the club after winning the golden gamble and kicking for goalNow I'm no hero and there's probably more people on this forum that have done more than me but never question my loyalty to our club and never refer to me as sat in an armchair doing nothing for the club.what makes you so high and mighty that you think you're better than anyone else!

Mark Aston seems to suggest that its because you are not paying players what they are owed. That is unless he means another team that is signing high profile players while still owing players for last season...................

how  much   does   mark   aston    owe  rovers  for   the  performances   he   put  in   for   us.only   to   regain   his   good  form   when   going   back  to   eagles.he  only  seemed   to   be   going   through   the   motions   while    wearing   a   fev   shirt.

Although most of the comments on this topic are viable lets look to the future . Nice weather superb pitch , new stands , team to match.Again thanks to all the volunteers that have made this possible. Most of all a big wrap to our chairman . Take no notice to the doubters they would moan if they won the lottery.

Don't get me wrong we all make mistakes but some are bigger than others.Our club has made three howlers this season which need to never happen again Number 1 the re turfing of the pitch.Obviously this needed to be done earlier and I know that Fev could have played their home games at certain clubs to re turf early but didn't.for what ever reasons it wasn't re turfed early enough which has resulted in massive finance losses from revenue lost to all the lost home friendlies.Number 2 Knowing the situation about the length of time it takes to get visas for overseas players why do we sign the Aussies too late which causes longer time for the Aussies to gel into the workings of the new team.Number 3 why organise a New Years eve party in the club house and advertise it the day before when everyone except the homeless have obviously made their arrangements.this obviously results in loss revenue due to one man a tramp and his dog turning up.ive just recently watched a film called Dumb and Dumber surely if we contacted them they couldn't do a worse job.

Back to the original starter post: True, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the comparison to Dumb and Dumber was way off the mark. Apart from the embarrassing period when Rovers' financial backer thought he could turn them into a "moneybags club" the BOD, volunteers and non-playing staff have far exceeded the coaches and players in terms of achievement over the past 5 years. They contributed the hard work and finances (pre and post Feisal) to assemble superb facilities, and the best squad in the division by a "country mile". It's not their fault that the best, most expensive squad only managed to win one knock-out trophy in the 4 years they ran away with the league. Whether they made any mistakes over the pitch is debatable, but if so they were only minor compared to the bigger picture, and doesn't their previous record allow them to do so without criticism? 

there are some damn good chairmen in the championship, and i wouldn't swap MC for any of em

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

sorry for upsetting you blue pike,i have watch rovers since 1960 through good and bad times,we are now moving forward with plans that we all hope will bear fruit,stop critisising if you dont like the criticsim hard lines, get over it we all want the best for our great club.let the season start and lets get back into what will be a great stadium that belongs to all of us.

Back to the original starter post: True, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the comparison to Dumb and Dumber was way off the mark. Apart from the embarrassing period when Rovers' financial backer thought he could turn them into a "moneybags club" the BOD, volunteers and non-playing staff have far exceeded the coaches and players in terms of achievement over the past 5 years. They contributed the hard work and finances (pre and post Feisal) to assemble superb facilities, and the best squad in the division by a "country mile". It's not their fault that the best, most expensive squad only managed to win one knock-out trophy in the 4 years they ran away with the league. Whether they made any mistakes over the pitch is debatable, but if so they were only minor compared to the bigger picture, and doesn't their previous record allow them to do so without criticism? 

Steve, youv mentioned before about warehouses the club are planning to build and hire out that will generate funds, I haven't heard that what are the plans

Mark Campbell mentioned em when he did the saturday morning tour of the ground for supporters. they are to be built up near the railway. i don't know if he has gone into the fine detail about them, but it was definitely said.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

The warehousing and small business units have been mentioned a couple of times at fans forum meetings. the most significant being at the Saturday morning meeting on 22nd November at which many of the new players were introduced to the fans. Preliminary Plans and sketches were unveiled on the big screen about proposals to extend the hospitality area from the club house up toward the top left hand corner at the Railway End and to build small business units behind the new stand. The land would not be sold off and these units would be built by Rovers for lease out to small business, which Mark Campbell hoped would bring in substantial extra income. I may have mis-heard but I believe a prospective figure of £400K pa was mention_ Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

As for the wasteland behind the family stand, nothing was mentioned but I got the impression that if planning permission was ever granted Rovers would be more interested in building themselves for rental income rather than selling off their assets.

£400k was the figure . I seem to remember you recording the presentation.

Mark used the expression "sweating the assets" of the club. This thread started with a fan venting his frustration about matters and it's his right to do so.

However when Mark outlined the plans and I thought about our situation compared to other clubs and their attempts to build etc, it gives me hope for our future.our club will earn revenue away from the pitch not just on it.

Not many other clubs can come close to this

This is a long journey and we will have set backs, that's just how it is. I wouldn't swap places with any club.

Please don't anyione post about selling the land for housing again or I will start self harming.

While I was at the club yesterday I passed on an idea to the gentleman in the office/shop which I've had for a few years which can generate some decent money for the club at home matches.he seemed interested to the point that he said he would pass it on to M.C ,anyway I had a look at the stands which are stunning and a close look at the pitch which I haven't seen since the open day.it doesn't look too bad (I have seen a lot worse)it has a biggish sunken bit at the left hand corner at the railway end and a few small sunken bits near the centre of the pitch but can anybody tell me why it hasn't been re turfed along the dugout area?.

While I was at the club yesterday I passed on an idea to the gentleman in the office/shop which I've had for a few years which can generate some decent money for the club at home matches.he seemed interested to the point that he said he would pass it on to M.C ,anyway I had a look at the stands which are stunning and a close look at the pitch which I haven't seen since the open day.it doesn't look too bad (I have seen a lot worse)it has a biggish sunken bit at the left hand corner at the railway end and a few small sunken bits near the centre of the pitch but can anybody tell me why it hasn't been re turfed along the dugout area?.

They didn't re turf that far up

Was that you in office when I popped in ??

Im Fev and im proud

I was wearing a blue Fev hat and a black fleece jacket from 3.20 to 3.40 and had just purchased an away shirt. I look a cross between George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

Nah, it wasn't you :-)

Im Fev and im proud

Nah, it wasn't you :-)

. Maureen do you know if any work is planned for the Post office road end because a bloke told me that even though we can't build a solid stand due to the obvious fact that it would greatly intrude the view of the houses he said that a flat roof type shelter was going to be built with supports but no back and sides cover?

. Maureen do you know if any work is planned for the Post office road end because a bloke told me that even though we can't build a solid stand due to the obvious fact that it would greatly intrude the view of the houses he said that a flat roof type shelter was going to be built with supports but no back and sides cover?

Haven't heard about owt like that, but I think the terracing requires upgrading in my opinion

Im Fev and im proud

Archived