carvel

plug

Do they not play in the NSW comps to make a name for themselves by breaking in to the NRL? Some players just do not make it Aus or British, take Verlinden he has been trying to 'break through' in the NRL for a number of years but found his level in the NSW cup where he wasnt even standout yet you think he is coming over here to make a name for himself?

Like I've said previously we will finish at least fourth I'm in no doubt about that and yes I've put money on it before you ask and we will be a clear fourth at the very least IMO. So yes I do think verlinden will stand up and be counted like hitchcox and reni and the rest of our lads. Plus I'm pretty sure we haven't done with recruiting yet so top 2? Who knows. But one things for sure I know we will finish above the year of the fax yet again lol.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I've said previously we will finish at least fourth I'm in no doubt about that and yes I've put money on it before you ask and we will be a clear fourth at the very least IMO. So yes I do think verlinden will stand up and be counted like hitchcox and reni and the rest of our lads. Plus I'm pretty sure we haven't done with recruiting yet so top 2? Who knows. But one things for sure I know we will finish above the year of the fax yet again lol.

l don't get this thing whereby you put money on it so it becomes an absolute certainty! And can l ask, what constitutes being clear in fourth, 1 point? 5 points? 10?

l don't get this thing whereby you put money on it so it becomes an absolute certainty! And can l ask, what constitutes being clear in fourth, 1 point? 5 points? 10?

Yes I agree its not a certainty anything could happen but like you I'm confident in my club as like you we have strengthened dramatically this season compared to last. I think 6 points constitutes as a clear 4th with the new points system. I know you might think I'm overly confident but like you I think/want the best for my club and with the signings we've made which are class IMO for this league I think 4th is the very least our club expects too. I personally don't think we will lose to another semi pro team this upcoming season but then again like I say I might be overly confident and come back down with a bang if hunslet beat us in the first game lol.

Personally l couldn't care less how you expect your team to go. I would expect you to be positive about your team, we all are about our own team. All l would question is it seems quite a gamble on relatively expensive players (l assume) from overseas, but all the best!

Personally l couldn't care less how you expect your team to go. I would expect you to be positive about your team, we all are about our own team. All l would question is it seems quite a gamble on relatively expensive players (l assume) from overseas, but all the best!

Yes very true distant it could be a gamble. As for expensive players I don't know but yes you would assume so but they are still PT remember so I'm assuming they won't be on major bucks. And yeah I hope you guys have a great season too especially after the last season as I would of been gutted had you gone down good luck guys here's to a great season for both clubs.

Yes I agree its not a certainty anything could happen but like you I'm confident in my club as like you we have strengthened dramatically this season compared to last. I think 6 points constitutes as a clear 4th with the new points system. I know you might think I'm overly confident but like you I think/want the best for my club and with the signings we've made which are class IMO for this league I think 4th is the very least our club expects too. I personally don't think we will lose to another semi pro team this upcoming season but then again like I say I might be overly confident and come back down with a bang if hunslet beat us in the first game lol.

Now you are getting carried away Gaz,you don't think you'll lose to a semi pro team this season,now that is a bold prediction,I think my team Rams,Halifax,batley,Sheffield & rest of the teams will have something to say about that!!!

Now you are getting carried away Gaz,you don't think you'll lose to a semi pro team this season,now that is a bold prediction,I think my team Rams,Halifax,batley,Sheffield & rest of the teams will have something to say about that!!!

Yes very true graham and I would be worried if fans of those clubs didn't think that too. I just feel our class players will shine especially our pack (that's where we will win most games IMO) as I don't think any club even the FT teams will dominate our pack when all are on board. Yes I agree its a very bold statement graham but after our squad got 2nd last season with an average side probably our worst in a few years. I just feel this squad is probably the best we've had in a very long long time albeit on paper at the moment. I'm just very confident more so than any other season even when DP was with us. Its just the FT teams I think might cause us the problems but for the sake of our league I hope I'm wrong because their will be 2 leagues in one if I'm right.

Yes very true graham and I would be worried if fans of those clubs didn't think that too. I just feel our class players will shine especially our pack (that's where we will win most games IMO) as I don't think any club even the FT teams will dominate our pack when all are on board. Yes I agree its a very bold statement graham but after our squad got 2nd last season with an average side probably our worst in a few years. I just feel this squad is probably the best we've had in a very long long time albeit on paper at the moment. I'm just very confident more so than any other season even when DP was with us. Its just the FT teams I think might cause us the problems but for the sake of our league I hope I'm wrong because their will be 2 leagues in one if I'm right.

You had an 'average' side last year? Nonsense.

Alongside Leigh, you had the cream of talent at this level playing for you, and it would have been a huge failure to miss out on thr top 2.

r02c.gif

Alongside Leigh, you had the cream of talent at this level playing for you, and it would have been a huge failure to miss out on thr top 2.

r02c.gif

Yes with all the injuries we had it was our worst side we have had in the last few years IMO. Last season was an average team for us compared to what we've had previously IMO. This season albeit on paper at the moment is IMO the strongest side we've ever had since we've been out of the top flight but time will tell I guess.

:biggrin: :biggrin:  To say 4th place will finish 6 points clear of 5th is a very bold prediction. Fev on paper do look better than last season but so do most teams in this league and for me they still do not look as good as the Fev team that topped the table year after year. Their pack looks good.............5 years ago.............if they can get them on the field.......In Wood, Carvell, and James they must have 3 of the most injury prone players in the league.

There is just far too must drama going on at Fev for them to even think about top 3, sounds like they are still trying to get rid of their coach not to mention rumours of dressing room bust ups with players still allegedly owed bonuses promised to them from last seasons make or break game against Fax.

Thundergaz and ox take off and come back with your spouting 6 games into the season

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Because a thread about Carvell going to Featherstone shouldn't run to 4 pages on a Batley Bulldogs forum............not that I blame Thundergaz mind, much of the time he was just defending his point of view.

Why not? Its a discussion, its Rugby League, and its fun. If people dont want to comment they dont have to.

Back on topic do we need him.

Apparently he would use his position as a platform back to the top flight but after filling 5 different training vests last year hes shot his bolt

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Back on topic do we need him.

Apparently he would use his position as a platform back to the top flight but after filling 5 different training vests last year hes shot his bolt

It would've been good to see someone of his class in a Batley shirt, but just how much would we get out of him for what'd most likely be the biggest wage slip at the Mount? I hope he does well at Fev (I have a lot of respect for Featherstone) but to 'double' our offer for an injury prone, well travelled forward, are they going to get their monies worth?

SIGNATURE

Value for money. Doubt it.

He will be well marked and younger forwards will be queuing up to sit him down. If he plays more than 6 consecutive games for feth ill bare my derriere on the town hall steps

9' oller, on 01 Feb 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Value for money. Doubt it.

He will be well marked and younger forwards will be queuing up to sit him down. If he plays more than 6 consecutive games for feth ill bare my derriere on the town hall steps

Usual Saturday nights entertainment then eh 9'oller ? ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Cocoa slippers and Jonathan Ross im afraid nowadays! !

Archived