Next year? Players....

dipset11

I was wondering who u would keep and who u would let go in the current club. Also who has signed up for next year. Pack is as good as u can get its centre and half bscks we lack.need new blood there and a old head also need to sign a quality centre even if u brake the bank. Back in the subject who would u keep and who u wouldn't.

My honest opinion?

Keepers; Craven, Alex Brown (if possible), Squires (see how he fares with some decent ball), Campbell, Gledhill, Hirst, Rowe, James Brown, Scott, Chandler, Blake, Thackray (plenty to build on)

Let go; the rest, by and large.

r02c.gif

definitely would go all out to keep Rowe,JC,Browny,Leak( when he has played in his proper position of hooker has impressed),Nico, Rettie,scott,chandler,gledders,hirst TBF most of the forwards, its the backs that need looking at strenghning with an experienced half back that can boss us round the park and a quality centre

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

My honest opinion?

Keepers; Craven, Alex Brown (if possible), Squires (see how he fares with some decent ball), Gledhill, Hirst, Rowe, James Brown, Scott, Chandler, Blake, Thackray (plenty to build on)

Let go; the rest, by and large.

No Johnny Campbell?

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I don't think it will be a case of who do we want to keep.  More like which of them want to stay, if the rumours - and I stress rumours - are correct about a lot of them being unhappy as to how things are going within the club.  If this is correct then I think the set up of the coaching staff for next season is of paramount importance and needs to be addressed in the short term, not left to be looked at "sometime after the season has ended and we have all had a rest".

I was wondering who u would keep and who u would let go in the current club. Also who has signed up for next year. Pack is as good as u can get its centre and half bscks we lack.need new blood there and a old head also need to sign a quality centre even if u brake the bank. Back in the subject who would u keep and who u wouldn't.[/quote}

If we go down, we may not have a choice in who we keep.

We have far more pressing concerns with this years squad without discussing this.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

JC openly said tonight, that he has contracts on the table from Halifax, featherstone and a 3rd unnamed club for him to sign, but he desperately wants to sign for Batley, but the club is not willing to talk !

If the lad is so dedicated to Batley and is willing to put pen to paper here and now, why the hell are the club not snapping him up ?

JC openly said tonight, that he has contracts on the table from Halifax, featherstone and a 3rd unnamed club for him to sign, but he desperately wants to sign for Batley, but the club is not willing to talk !

If the lad is so dedicated to Batley and is willing to put pen to paper here and now, why the hell are the club not snapping him up ?

This is a joke!

SIGNATURE

I was watching Alex Brown in particular last night and his defence is shocking, cost us two tries against Sheffield and last night two more by coming in field whilst defending the line and leaving the wing wide open

Anybody else notice this ?

I'd sign both Brown's ASAP and Rowe, Hirst, Campbell Nicholson, Scott, Chandler, Lillycrop, Hesketh, Day, Mitchell and Thackray

I'd also give Leatherbarrow & Sothernwood another season, as I don't see us getting owt better for the money we have and the fact we MUST have more strength in depth next season (assuming we do stay up which I think we will)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'd sign both Brown's ASAP and Rowe, Hirst, Campbell Nicholson, Scott, Chandler, Lillycrop, Hesketh, Day, Mitchell and Thackray

I'd also give Leatherbarrow & Sothernwood another season, as I don't see us getting owt better for the money we have and the fact we MUST have more strength in depth next season (assuming we do stay up which I think we will)

Youve just kept this years squad Piggy LOL

Yeah I did notice that Gary lol. It is a bit weird we look to have a reasonable set of players but they don't come together well as a team.....  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I would take Johnny Campbell although Im not sure where he would fit in to the team. I think there is more chance that he is using Fax and Fev to get himself a better deal at Batley though.

I did notice Fax's Chairman Michael Steele present at the game last night.

I was wondering who u would keep and who u would let go in the current club. Also who has signed up for next year. Pack is as good as u can get its centre and half bscks we lack.need new blood there and a old head also need to sign a quality centre even if u brake the bank. Back in the subject who would u keep and who u wouldn

The only player id probably let go would be Leatherbarrow, hes simply not up to standard for a half back at this level - If he can play golf like he kicks straight to the opposition then id suggest he takes that up, hole in one every time hes that accurate.

Id keep the rest, get a new coach in with fresh ideas, add a couple of experienced halves to add to Southernwood, a couple of decent centres and a full back and we would do OK.

Despite the pack doing well this year, id like to see another ball playing back rower in the James Brown mould added too, although I reckon Sam Scott could develop into such a player with the right guidance as he has all the attributes.

Not too much to ask for then. ha ha.

To be fair though, we have all on staying up this year, so a mass exodus will no doubt be on the cards if we go down, so we may need a completely new team for our trips to Coventry and Gloucester next year.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

I was watching Alex Brown in particular last night and his defence is shocking, cost us two tries against Sheffield and last night two more by coming in field whilst defending the line and leaving the wing wide open

Anybody else notice this ?

Yes, I also noticed Bat Lad. Offensively he gives us good options on the flank, and is also very useful driving the ball into centre play to take some workload from the forwards. Defensively, he was certainly exposed in the nine oil on a few occasions last night. Maybe something he can work on with JK.

He'll probably sign for Dewsbury ;)

Archived