19 Jun: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 8pm

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • Salford Red Devils

Enjoyable game. Salford defended really well and you can you see they are playing and defending for each other. No disgrace losing to Wigan, fair play to them. Close till the end, could have gone either way.

Watching the highlights on Sky, I can't help but wonder about the Farrell "try".

Video Ref decision please?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I wonder if anyone has told Wane that bawling out his players at half time in the hope they will play better might not be the best way to achieve success. Although the team might not be as good as it was under his predecessor, shouting was not the norm, either.

Surely it's Wanes job to coach the team, work with them to address the various issues, skills, game plan, match strategy and tactics at a player and at a team level. In my view he is not doing that.

I wonder if anyone has told Wane that bawling out his players at half time in the hope they will play better might not be the best way to achieve success. Although the team might not be as good as it was under his predecessor, shouting was not the norm, either.

Surely it's Wanes job to coach the team, work with them to address the various issues, skills, game plan, match strategy and tactics at a player and at a team level. In my view he is not doing that.

Could this approach be starting to lose him the dressing room, as the saying goes?

How did we do in the second half, after said bawling?

The bulk of that team have been coached by Wane from being juniors. His ties with them run very deep, one of his major strengths. What he lacks in nuance, he more than makes up for in nurturing young British talent. Losing the dressing room is the least of his worries. Being out smarted tactically however, that should keep him awake at night...

Watching the highlights on Sky, I can't help but wonder about the Farrell "try".

Video Ref decision please?

Which bit? The clear offside or his waving his hand at the ball?

Clarkey was happy with it, and that'll do for me. :)

Looked like he tackled the ball in the air to me.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Apparently, over on Twitter, the referee has explained his reason for giving the try. See Marwan, Twitter can be used for good things. Still wasn't a try though.

Could this approach be starting to lose him the dressing room, as the saying goes?

I didn't see the game or even the highlights but I assume if he had lost the dressing room with this approach Wigan would have got hammered in the second half. To be fair, Wane was frustrated that we conceded 8 points in a 50-8 win away at Leeds the other year, it's just how he is and people accept that. Given his record it's worked so far, the team are nowhere near at their best this season but I wouldn't be blaming Wane for that.

Archived