01 Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 3pm

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just arrived back in Hull. Feels like a loss more than a draw but credit to Wire, knew they'd come good at one point. Well done to them.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I know its easy to get carried away as a neutral but what a wonderful game of rugby league, played in glorious sunshine!

Albert Kelly is my new favourite non-Wigan player, what an entertainer that lad is!

2 hours ago, shrek said:

I know its easy to get carried away as a neutral but what a wonderful game of rugby league, played in glorious sunshine!

Albert Kelly is my new favourite non-Wigan player, what an entertainer that lad is!

I don't know what price he is for Man of Steel but I haven't seen a better player in the competition so far. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just watched the tries and it was nice to see some of our link play back. Really happy with that.

When you consider that two of Hulls tries were long range turnovers hopefully that will give us a real boost.

A stranger game you will struggle to see. Warrington's first half was as dumb and error strewn I can recall seeing, with Hull fully capitalising on the errors. 

The second half was much less error strewn, though it would have been difficult to increase on the errors, with Hull not really competing. As I said, strange.

14 hours ago, shrek said:

I went with a group of neutrals as well and everyone with me was also raving about a) the quality of the second half and b ) Albert Kelly! Second half felt like a real turning point for Warrington.

Also bloody loved the timeline in the south terrace in Warrington - genuinely fascinating. 

The HJ is a wonderful ground. League heaven. 

I would not be at all surprised if Wire don't win their 4 Easter games and find themselves alongside Wigan the end of round 11. 

I can imagine the bounce the team will get from looking around at each other - "that's how we do it...". 

Kelly is this year's Sandow... 

Tony Smith blames ref...

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/tony-smith-frustrated-with-key-moment-which-cost-warrington-wolves-against-hull-fc/story-30244088-detail/story.html

"The referee should have been stronger. He was right when Cooper slammed the ball down, he was about to award the try but then he listened to his in-goal touch judge.

"The referee was right on top of it and he listened to someone ten metres away. He should have stuck with it because he would have come up with the right decision."

That's interesting Tony, the ref was right on top of it yet listened to someone 10 metres away and you say he would have come up with the right decision? How do you know it was the right decision?

Just how many metres away were you exactly?

OF I was quite close and saw him change after speaking to the ingoal touch judge,  if on TV that may have been given but you have to live with it. He may have moaned abit but he isn't a regular one, but the spirit and style of the second half must have pleased him. 

Just now, ELBOWSEYE said:

OF I was quite close and saw him change after speaking to the ingoal touch judge,  if on TV that may have been given but you have to live with it. He may have moaned abit but he isn't a regular one, but the spirit and style of the second half must have pleased him. 

Perhaps the in goal judge saw the ball dropped and the ref missed it.

I agree with you, Smith is usually magnanimous in defeat and there were plenty of positives for Wire yesterday.

Tony Smith isn't on his own when it comes to publicly criticising a ref when his team don't beat Hull FC.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/8203-shaun-wane-suggests-wigan-warriors-would-have-beaten-hull-fc-if-the-game-was-on-sky/story-30227856-detail/story.html

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Tony Smith blames ref...

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/tony-smith-frustrated-with-key-moment-which-cost-warrington-wolves-against-hull-fc/story-30244088-detail/story.html

"The referee should have been stronger. He was right when Cooper slammed the ball down, he was about to award the try but then he listened to his in-goal touch judge.

"The referee was right on top of it and he listened to someone ten metres away. He should have stuck with it because he would have come up with the right decision."

That's interesting Tony, the ref was right on top of it yet listened to someone 10 metres away and you say he would have come up with the right decision? How do you know it was the right decision?

Just how many metres away were you exactly?

He was watching it on a monitor.

58 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

He was watching it on a monitor.

How many cameras do they have permanently at the HJ?

Impressive if there's one behind the sticks.

Archived