01 Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 3pm

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering this is almost top v bottom I should be more confident than I am. We are playing in pretty extreme patches of sublime and terrible rugby league at the minute, and havent even come close to an 80 minute performance yet. But like last season we've just got a knack of winning.

An optimist might mention how good we could be if we started performing more consistently. If you're a glass half empty person you would say its only a matter of time before we get turned over. Danny Houghton is a huge miss. Hes the beating heart of the team and his workrate is second to none anywhere in the game. We did quite well in his absence against Wigan, but the effect that the extra workload had on the pack was clear to see. Its sounding like young Jez Litten might make his debut off the bench.

All that being said, I've watched Wire alot this year and I dont know how they turn it around. They just arent competing at all, and I think if Hull come out all guns blazing and get a couple of scores ahead then their fragile confidence might just see them capitulate. Its probably a game that will be won and lost in the first half. If Wires are in it then they will just outlast us imo, but alternatively Hull are good enough to have this one in the books within half an hour.

I'll plump for an optimistic 16-30 to Hull. But I'm not confident.

Unless the changing room has experienced a mass epiphany and the penny has dropped like an anvil thrown from a weather balloon - I can't see past a Hull victory. 14 - 28 to FC.

10 minutes ago, WembleyWinners16 said:

Wire probably due a win unfortunately

Hull to lose by 12

Hey!, I'm the Hull FC pessimist on here if you don't mind. :mad:

(Usually.)

Wire 16 Hull FC 20. :good:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

Queasy wind for Wire.

I'm sure that was what you meant to post wasn't it mate?

At some point Wire will click and give someone a proper shoeing.. When watching they look about a stride behind where they were last year... not quite being "on it".. there is nothing they are doing horrendously wrong (except some of the tackling is shody but I think that is from 2-3 plays before and everyone just being a bit off leading to cumulative a lot off).. 

Someone will bear the brunt of this as it will click, hopefully sooner rather than later but I cant see it being against Hull to be fair.... 34-8 win sadly 

Too big a game for Wire in their current poor run of form - can't see past a Hull win by at least 3 scores.

Warrington don't have anywhere near enough up front and Kelly/Sneeeeyd are likely to give their defence a torrid afternoon, with  Shaul chiming in for good measure.

Wire 12 v 30 FC

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Warringtons confidence must be shot and going up against a team at the top of the table with the confidence that brings it will be a tall order. I fancy Hull to win this by a healthy margin.

Although having said that if there are two teams that you can rely on to lose to a team looking for their first win of the season a quarter of the way through it's both Hull teams.

Hull 19 man squad

1. Jamie Shaul 
2. Mahe Fonua 
4. Josh Griffin 
6. Albert Kelly 
7. Marc Sneyd 
8. Scott Taylor 
10. Liam Watts 
12. Mark Minichiello 
13. Gareth Ellis
14. Jake Connor

15. Chris Green
16. Jordan Thompson 
17. Danny Washbrook 
19. Steve Michaels 
21. Sika Manu 
22. Josh Bowden 
25. Jansin Turgut
28. Brad Fash 
30. Jez Litten

Talanoa, Houghton, Tuimavave missing

4 hours ago, WembleyWinners16 said:

Hull 19 man squad

1. Jamie Shaul 
2. Mahe Fonua 
4. Josh Griffin 
6. Albert Kelly 
7. Marc Sneyd 
8. Scott Taylor 
10. Liam Watts 
12. Mark Minichiello 
13. Gareth Ellis
14. Jake Connor

15. Chris Green
16. Jordan Thompson 
17. Danny Washbrook 
19. Steve Michaels 
21. Sika Manu 
22. Josh Bowden 
25. Jansin Turgut
28. Brad Fash 
30. Jez Litten

Talanoa, Houghton, Tuimavave missing

No Mick Crane?  Thought he was fit.

Having Watts back is a big boost for Hull but the loss of Danny Houghton is massive. The entire team revolves around him so it will be interesting to see how Radford changes things to try and compensate.

I imagine Washbrook will take the hooking role but Jez Litten is in line to make his debut so may take some part in the game, big ask for him regardless of how Wire have been doing, still an intimidating place to go.

As a supporter of a club that was expected by many to be the whipping boys of the league, as it was last year with Leeds and Huddersfield these are very interesting times (not for their own supporters i my add) that the expected to do well teams are floundering in uncommon positions they would not be expected to be occupying, is it all down to the coaches? or is the system working in that it is at last creating games of uncertainty, I must say that I am enjoying the variation of results much better than the same old, same old.

On form, I am going for a Hull victory, indeed as has already been said, Hull have got continuity at 6 & 7, Whereas Wire seem to be struggling big time in this area,  and in my opinion in any RL team when the 6 and 7 struggle so does the rest of the team.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Like GaryO I like the new air of uncertainty that Leeds brought last year and Wire are bringing this. The big difference is that Wire's drop off is inexplicable. They were the best side last year and have had hardly any turnover of players in the meantime. The only thing I have been able to come up with is time catching up with each of Gidley, Westwood and Hill, meaning that they are lacking leaders to steady the ship... plus Sandow gave them something that Brown hasn't managed so far. 

Possibiy the most impressive element in FC's form over the last 2 years has been their consistency. They never seem to drop far from very good. Discounting the possibility that they will have an off day we need Wire to remember what they did to Brisbane. However much I try I just can't see that happening. An away win and more furrowed brows among Wire fans. 

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Having Watts back is a big boost for Hull but the loss of Danny Houghton is massive. The entire team revolves around him so it will be interesting to see how Radford changes things to try and compensate.

I imagine Washbrook will take the hooking role but Jez Litten is in line to make his debut so may take some part in the game, big ask for him regardless of how Wire have been doing, still an intimidating place to go.

No point trying to manage expectations after Roy Boy's post above.

It really is difficult to give any meaningful prediction here as we haven't seen anything this year to suggest we can win. If we play well, we will be in with a chance. If we defend out wide like we have, Hull's wingers and centres will score ten each.

Looking for a positive, Wembley Winners 16's post suggests Hull will be playing with 10 men, with 9 on the bench. I would feel optimistic if Radford goes with that approach.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

The only thing I have been able to come up with is time catching up with ... Hill

That one might need some further explanation; he is only 29.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wire will come good i just hope it isnt this Saturday 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

No point trying to manage expectations after Roy Boy's post above.

It really is difficult to give any meaningful prediction here as we haven't seen anything this year to suggest we can win. If we play well, we will be in with a chance. If we defend out wide like we have, Hull's wingers and centres will score ten each.

Looking for a positive, Wembley Winners 16's post suggests Hull will be playing with 10 men, with 9 on the bench. I would feel optimistic if Radford goes with that approach.

They'd still find an overlap or two...

Archived