What's going on?

christheram

Fans needing tickets for bash to be told they ain't none?? Fans who have season tickets too... So have paid for them?? Yet another example of how poorly the club is run off the field. God help us when Angie leaves because the rest are useless. 

9 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Tickets for both days are still available, but sale of tickets Sunday have gone, so what's wrong with that? Pleased the club has sold its allocation. 

I'll stand corrected, but aren't tickets for the Bash included in the Season Ticket ???? Therefore, if we've already paid, we should be getting tickets............ Doesn't sound like a satisfactory situation at all (if correct)

So, even though the tickets for the bash have been available for collection by ST holders for a month, the fact that some folk couldn't be bothered to collect them until now is all the fault of the club?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

When we purchased our season tickets we were told that the cost included a ticket for the Summer Bash.  Effectively at that point our ticket was reserved and no longer for sale.

Some people cannot arrange working commitments months in advance especially when they have to cover over a holiday period, and can only collect their "reserved" ticket at the last moment.

If the club wanted to sell these tickets they should have given all season ticket holders a deadline by which their "reserved" ticket should have been collected before being offered for sale to non season ticket holders.

I Got mine as a season ticket about  a month ago.As i don't want to go iv'e given mine away.

Of course as a s.t holder you should be able to get yours even now.

So that wants an explanation from the club.

What i'm interested in is ,will the club lose another five thousand pounds like last year?

I phoned Rams reception today to arrange to pick up my Summer Bash ticket. It was explained that the deadline for Ram's ST holders to pick up their Summer Bash tickets was yesterday (Mon 22 May). The club had not used its allocation and the remaining tickets have been returned to the RFL. 

Reception was very helpful and called the RFL on my behalf, spoke to a number of RFL staff and promptly called me back - but the return call confirmed that I could not now be provided with a free ticket. Of course, the unhelpful bit is that the club doesn't appear to have informed us clearly of the deadline.

50 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Get in touch with Ady Marsh,I believe he's going in the car and may have a spare seat.

cheers

do you have him on facebook mate

if so can you contact him please

as I don't have any contact details for him cheers

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So, even though the tickets for the bash have been available for collection by ST holders for a month, the fact that some folk couldn't be bothered to collect them until now is all the fault of the club?

Totally disagree with your comments here. There may well be many reasons why someone cannot get a ticket before now.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, XIII Ram said:

I phoned Rams reception today to arrange to pick up my Summer Bash ticket. It was explained that the deadline for Ram's ST holders to pick up their Summer Bash tickets was yesterday (Mon 22 May). The club had not used its allocation and the remaining tickets have been returned to the RFL. 

Reception was very helpful and called the RFL on my behalf, spoke to a number of RFL staff and promptly called me back - but the return call confirmed that I could not now be provided with a free ticket. Of course, the unhelpful bit is that the club doesn't appear to have informed us clearly of the deadline.

As you indicated, the club didn't sell all its allocation and returned those unsold to the RFL, but BEFORE end of business on deadline day, therefore depriving those season ticket holders who, for whatever reason, had not obtained theirs by the end of the working day yesterday. Tickets can now only be obtained at Blackpool on the day, I understand  

Now there is to be a Fans' Forum in the Royal Suite on Thursday 1st June commencing 8 p.m., on which occasion supporters may wish to air their views, or ask questions on how someone at the club let them down.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I can't agree either.

Good for you that you have time/flexibility to pick up your ticket early - but it really shouldn't make a difference if you pick the ticket up 5 weeks or 5 days in advance. 

The club apologised to me for not being clear about a deadline - which I'm happy to accept - but if the club had been clearer we might not have a situation where ST holders do not have the ticket they are entitled to, the club were not returning unallocated tickets to the RFL ...and there might have been a few more Rams supporters in Blackpool

As usual by the usual suspects things are not been made clear

A simply dead line set in place stating a day and time ticket must be collected by,if not you lose your ticket

Assumption is the mother of all fo.ok ups.. And to assume Dewsbury ram's are doing things right is a total folly

There has been ample games to claim these tickets and ample opportunities for the club to push it

Communication breakdown 

Again ;)

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders from the club from Thursday at the latest. They may be available from tomorrow lunchtime.

Spare tickets were returned at the RFL's request, but the club has since pulled more into stock.

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders from the club from Thursday at the latest. They may be available from tomorrow lunchtime.

Spare tickets were returned at the RFL's request, but the club has since pulled more into stock.

That's good. I think it would be pertinent to post on here (and elsewhere) when they become available once more to those still requiring them.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 hours ago, coolie said:

As usual by the usual suspects things are not been made clear

A simply dead line set in place stating a day and time ticket must be collected by,if not you lose your ticket

Assumption is the mother of all fo.ok ups.. And to assume Dewsbury ram's are doing things right is a total folly

There has been ample games to claim these tickets and ample opportunities for the club to push it

Communication breakdown 

Again ;)

That's the problem, the club don't help itself. Urgently needs a member of fulltime staff or someone to market the club and events. Otherwise the club will just die...  Not going to get new fans when we can't even it appears look after the ones we have. For a fan to be just told they ain't any tickets left on Monday is a disgrace. That fan could of took is bat and ball home and jacked the club in for good especially after the shambles on the field we get punished with.. Relying on volunteers is good but poor Tom and James can only post what the club it tells them to. If Mr Coates was fulltime I can guarantee now the club would be a far more professional club off the field. Infact if it wasn't for Tom or James getting on to the club about this issue I doubt the problem would of even been sorted. These are volunteers... so why couldn't the fulltime staff at the club of sorted the problem the club itself created in the first place by not being clear... Instead of volunteers.

16 minutes ago, christheram said:

That's the problem, the club don't help itself. Urgently needs a member of fulltime staff or someone to market the club and events. Otherwise the club will just die...  Not going to get new fans when we can't even it appears look after the ones we have. For a fan to be just told they ain't any tickets left on Monday is a disgrace. That fan could of took is bat and ball home and jacked the club in for good especially after the shambles on the field we get punished with.. Relying on volunteers is good but poor Tom and James can only post what the club it tells them to. If Mr Coates was fulltime I can guarantee now the club would be a far more professional club off the field. Infact if it wasn't for Tom or James getting on to the club about this issue I doubt the problem would of even been sorted. These are volunteers... so why couldn't the fulltime staff at the club of sorted the problem the club itself created in the first place by not being clear... Instead of volunteers.

Try a bit more lemonade in your shandy next time Chris.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, christheram said:

Cos its Dewsbury Chris ,frustratingly amateur to the extreme.

Mr Sawyer needs to look at all his staffs abilities ,before its too late. 

Archived