London (A)

Blind side johnny

So, after our overwhelming victory over the bottom club how will we do against one of the top clubs away from home? When we played them at home I felt that we were giving them a run for their money until a couple of fundamental errors let us down. This was also under the previous regime and the team has clearly been energised properly since then. However, i don't think that London performed as they could that day and have become really solid performers and free-scoring with it.

London 28 - 14 Rams, and that may be optimistic.

Att: 685

FTS: Day

MoM: Day

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As good as our performance was last Sunday, it must be tempered with the knowledge that we played a side short of ideas whereas this coming Sunday we face a team playing as such. A defeat is on the cards, but I will be happy if we play as a unit and do so for the full eighty minutes. 

London 42-18 Dewsbury

MoM: Adamson

Att: 644

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I thought when we played them at home they were nothing special.

Unfortunately neither were we.

Sammut has made a big difference to them.I wonder who's paying his salary.

Also what has happened to our ex-winger,still injured.?

What is it about all these injuries all across rl.

Mr eddie hemmings is in floods of tears about all wigans. 

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

I don't think David Hughes has too much trouble in paying all of the players wages, so there is n need for you to wonder about that. Henderson has made the greatest difference IMHO, of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

Dalton Grant was injured when playing for us. This has now healed, but he now has the same type of injury to his other leg, ruling him out for the rest of the season. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 08/06/2017 at 7:32 PM, Blind side johnny said:

So, after our overwhelming victory over the bottom club how will we do against one of the top clubs away from home? When we played them at home I felt that we were giving them a run for their money until a couple of fundamental errors let us down. This was also under the previous regime and the team has clearly been energised properly since then. However, i don't think that London performed as they could that day and have become really solid performers and free-scoring with it.

London 28 - 14 Rams, and that may be optimistic.

Att: 685

MoM: Day

Given the last two performances and results our run of three games against the three best clubs in the league is a little unfortunate.  I just hope the obvious confidence the last two games must have instilled isn't lost by three significant losses..

Fingers crossed that even if we cant win we can take these games to the wire...

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Think I liked it better when the team was drawn out straight after the lotto & thunderball draws in the morrison era ;)

I preferred it when it was chalked on the blackboard in the main stand.

22 hours ago, thehullram said:

Any squad announcements at all? 

Decent looking team. Fingers crossed we keep up the momentum and don't get any injuries!

Just now, coolie said:

I'd rather us get battered in the hull kr & London games

And save our good performance's for Oldham & Rochdale 

Yep. Bradford fans are complaining that they play better (and lose) against the top teams than against the "lesser" teams, like Dewsbury. Swinton, Rochdale and Oldham are only a few points above us and we will be hunting them down.

:asciidity:

Sykes was sin-binned close to the end of the match and then received an award from the Broncos as one of their legends immediately after the game ended!

Today was one of those "After the Lord Mayor's Show" type of game. Perhaps only two or three showed any competence or flair, Day, Adamson and Sheriffe. Our tackling was extremely poor; time and again we tried to tackle by sticking out an arm, or dancied with thopposition. Even a winger carried three men forward. Our first three uses of the ball couldn't get us to the halfway line, so you can tell that our attack wasn't good. When will we learn to run on to the ball?

Conversely, the Londoners were fast on attack and their tackling was impressive. Very definitely a good in-form side.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

That was a poor performance. Rams were on the back foot from the start, admittedly against a strong London side. A Broncos supporter I spoke to said Rams were better and more committed than Halifax from the previous weekend - but there was little positive I could take from the game. It could be argued Rams kept going in attack to score but they were undermined by poor choices and poor control of the ball and I agree with CF that the defence really fell off with some woeful, half-hearted "tackles". 

I must say that I really enjoy a visit to Broncos - a neat ground with good facilities and very friendly staff and supporters.

Our tackling was woeful in our own 20 m area throughout the game.  We were never allowed to gain any momentum neither by a very quick and skilful full-time Broncos team nor by the referee who stopped both our attempts at quick tap re-starts but allowed the Broncos to tap and run as they wanted.

In 1st half 2 disallowed tries for forward passes did not help the cause.  We were sitting level with both incidents and neither were forward.

Sykes was sin-binned for a head high grab with 1 minute and 6 seconds to go but a London forward escaped punishment 10 minutes before for a late off the ball shoulder charge which left Toby Adamson on the ground. No consistency again from Mr Straw, no wonder the Broncos supporters applauded him off the field!

In my opinion ground is no better than Hallam University but with a horrible plastic pitch with blue markings for League and white markings for Union - how confusing.

7 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Probably be worse next week.No brainer concentrate on Oldham

That should be a good game. We have Halifax on Sunday then Ram on Wednesday and need something out of those games. No disrespect but Rams being the better opportunity. But we are struggling to put some form together although much better against HKR. 

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Sykes was sin-binned close to the end of the match and then received an award from the Broncos as one of their legends immediately after the game ended!

Today was one of those "After the Lord Mayor's Show" type of game. Perhaps only two or three showed any competence or flair, Day, Adamson and Sheriffe. Our tackling was extremely poor; time and again we tried to tackle by sticking out an arm, or dancied with thopposition. Even a winger carried three men forward. Our first three uses of the ball couldn't get us to the halfway line, so you can tell that our attack wasn't good. When will we learn to run on to the ball?

Conversely, the Londoners were fast on attack and their tackling was impressive. Very definitely a good in-form side.

Yet in LE Gareth Moore was MoM.

Sheriffe has been something of an unsung hero for me, putting in a lot of work on the quiet but with scant recognition from the fans.

If only we had some spare players I would be giving a couple a rest next Sunday and concentrating on the Oldham game.

3 hours ago, Wilsden Ram said:

In 1st half 2 disallowed tries for forward passes did not help the cause.  We were sitting level with both incidents and neither were forward.

Sykes was sin-binned for a head high grab with 1 minute and 6 seconds to go but a London forward escaped punishment 10 minutes before for a late off the ball shoulder charge which left Toby Adamson on the ground. No consistency again from Mr Straw, no wonder the Broncos supporters applauded him off the field!

Funny, I was on line with them and they were forward.

I think the fans were applauding another excellent performance from their team rather than the ref - then again Dewsbury were by far the better side and had there not been a bent ref and two dodgy forward passes would have won by a country mile.

Get over yourself.

Archived