Which films have you watched more than once and would watch again

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Sideways yet. I have seen it three times now and I think it is a great film.

Best two films of all time for me are probably , Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Once Upon a Time in America. So nothing pretty original there.

Oh yeah, Sideways was a good one - I have the DVD. I can't look at a bottle of Merlot without thinking about how Paul Giamatti's character pronounces it. And when he walks in on his friend energetically shagging Sandra Oh. :D Virginia Madsen really puts in a fine performance too.

As for the other two, excellent picks. Mind you, I actually prefer the first part of 'Once upon a Time' before the adult actors come in. The younger cast are really good.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly some good acting in Sideways.

I think I agree about Once Upon a Time in America too. The problem with the last third of the film is the plot is almost impossible to follow and you just have to sit back and just admire the cinematography (and the music). The reason for this I think was the forced cuts by the film company to the film which were designed to shorten its length. The last version released on DVD includes an extra 20 minutes or so and the bits where Noodles returns to NYC make much more sense now with them in. Apparently there are still another 20 or so minutes still to be re-included and Martin Scorsese is trying to make that happen at the moment.

I've just realised I haven't even plugged in my DVD player since I moved, and that was 8 months ago.

I'm very much a 'may catch a film on telly' person now.

i'm in that mode. Got the mega zulu dvd, with all the extras (not zulus) which aint been unwrapped for many years but come christmas and bank holidays I will alter my not too busy schedule to watch on tv

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

I can't be bothered to check previous posts, but have I recommended the output of Studio Ghibli yet? Pretty much anything by Hayao Miyazaki, at least. I'm less a fan of Isao Takahata's style, but his Grave of the Fireflies is a masterpiece, and one he never (in my opinion) matched afterwards.

Keeping with a Japanimation theme, Akira is an absolute colossus of the genre. A fantastic soundtrack, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What about total recall, see you at the party Richter

The original or the remake?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The original arnie at his finest

I haven't seen the remake, but general opinions seem negative. And the original featured Sharon Stone and Rachel Ticotin, which is an aesthetic bonus.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived