Which films have you watched more than once and would watch again

Not too surprised to see that tim2 & Futtocks have got most of my choices already.

Films I've watched at least 5 times, not sure many are on Netflix though - Local Hero, Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, Trainspotting, Brazil, the Monty Python films holy grail etc, various Almodovar films Volver etc, Bladerunner, probably many more if I think about it. I have forced my teenage kids to watch Local Hero too (and Ferris Bueller's big day out, for reasons I forget.)

An old one I love is "The Third Man" - in part because you just know that there is absolutely no way a Hollywood studio would go with that ending for a major movie today. And I know romcoms were excluded, but everyone should watch Roman Holiday & Audrey Hepburn at least once in their life...   

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airplane, Cat Balou and Paint Your Wagon

Cat Ballou is superb, while Airplane packed more jokes into a minute than most comedies of the day did in ten..

Another one that needs recommending is The Princess Bride.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's superb!

I will make a pojnt of watching it.

The film has a slightly slow start (actually for a good reason, as you see later), but once the action reaches the cliffs, it is wonderful and almost endlessly quotable.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zulu

The man who would be king

Force 10 from Navarone

Planes trains ...

The Exorcist

Platoon

Casualties of war

Life of Brian

Holy grail

Back to the future

Candy man

The Odessa file

Marathon man

Elf

Blades of glory

Fight club

Oh aye.... the odessa file...

Jon voyt..... what a belter that was....

I may watch that again later....

I haven't seen that in decades! 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived