Which films have you watched more than once and would watch again

I got a triple-pack of Bill Forsyth DVDs a while ago - Local Hero, Gregory's Girl & (the rather lesser-known) Comfort and Joy. A great purchase!

Comfort & Joy a great film, even now when Mrs Shadow and I see Bill Paterson in anything we refer to him as Dickie Bird

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think ill give the sting another watch

The first hour or so is great, the poker scene is brilliant.  The rest of it becomes a little confusing.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Napoleon Dynamite

Fantastic movie. I can just keep watching it. I watched it again recently on Netflix and Netflix had cut off the post-credits scene. It has the longest post-credits scene I've ever watched.

My partner made me sit through Suicide Squad on Sunday, if anyone says, lets go and see Suicide Squad, pretend you have bubonic plague, or your legs have fallen off, it was the worst film I've ever been subjected to. Even worse than Batman vs Superman, and that was dire

• 3 weeks later...

Schindler's List is an outstanding film I'll never forget watching, and everyone should see it once, but I couldn't face watching it again.

Even though I own the DVD, it still sits on the shelf unopened. It's too good at portraying the horror of what went on to make it an experience I can bear to repeat.

The difference second time around is that because you know the core you see the stuff at the edge of the story far more clearly. Same hit, wider story. I think it'd take a few runs through to get it all but that'd be rough to do.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I finally got round to watching Its a Wonderful Life at Christmas and it blew me away. I think itll be an annual thing now i have my own little family.

Life of Brian is pure genius.

Outsider, but i love Hot Rod.

My Christmas wouldn't be complete without at least a version or two of A Christmas Carol, and preferably more than two. My favourites are the Patrick Stewart version, the Muppets one and Scrooged.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

My partner made me sit through Suicide Squad on Sunday, if anyone says, lets go and see Suicide Squad, pretend you have bubonic plague, or your legs have fallen off, it was the worst film I've ever been subjected to. Even worse than Batman vs Superman, and that was dire

Really worse than Batman Vs Superman! For a 3 hour film only to have about 20 mins of decent content is a travesty. Not to mention the title fight (so to speak) lasted a sum total of 8 mins and ended for the most bizarre crazy reason ever. I wanted to like that film, I really did!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Goodbye, Mr Chips. (1939)

Sergeant York

Inherit The Wind 1960. (Spencer Tracy)

The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Galaxy Quest

Longitude. (TV Film)

A Simple Twist of Fate.  (Steve Martin's version of Silas Marner)

To Be Or Not To Be (1983)

The Martian (2015)

A Christmas Carol (with George C Scott)

Just sat watching A Naked Gun again. Its still a brilliant film. It's sad that this genre of movie has all but disappeared. Spoofs now just are carbon copies of scenes from other films with no laughs.

Leslie Neilson was in a lot of guff, but this era of spoofs, including Airplane was brilliant.

Priscilla Presley was hot too in this series which was a bonus!

Just sat watching A Naked Gun again. Its still a brilliant film. It's sad that this genre of movie has all but disappeared. Spoofs now just are carbon copies of scenes from other films with no laughs.

Leslie Neilson was in a lot of guff, but this era of spoofs, including Airplane was brilliant.

Priscilla Presley was hot too in this series which was a bonus!

The Airplane and Naked Gun (plus Police Squad, of course) films are still a joy. The sheer quantity of gags usually means you have to watch them more than once.

Since they were released, it is hard to watch Leslie Nielsen's earlier films (where he mainly played serious roles) without expecting a Frank Drebin moment to happen.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Despicable Me, which is on ITV2 now.

I liked that a lot more than I expected to. Haven't seen the sequel yet, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived