Ref is Bulls mom

Mike Garforth

Not good Mr Cobb. I thought he was a better ref than that....

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Some you win.some you lose.

It won't change the result.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Some very poor decisions from a referee with a clear bias that allowed himself to be intimidated by the Bulls supporters. Having said that, some of our game management let us down, when in the last 5 we could have drawn level with an easy one pointer. We showed courage, hunger, and played with good energy, which bodes well for the run in. Our desire was greater than the Bulls, and a subdued Odsal faithful only came to life when one point ahead and counting the clock down. Recover, regroup with heads up, and look forward to the next encounter with our HW neighbours.

Did I hear keegan spilt his chips 3 times?

A dom 40/20 on 79 mins and pressure in their 10 may of paid dividends.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

That came over loud and clear on the radio, also the commentator was really biased and wearing rose tinted glasses.

Cheers Roger.

One of the most dreadful episodes of officiating, if you can call it that, I have ever seen.

Well done Mr Cobb, I just hope you follow Stokes' and sod off and retire.

It is not an easy job, and I can already hear the cries of without refs we won't have a game. Judging by today's standard of reffing, Im not sure we still have a game now, the man in the middle decided today's result, not the 34 players getting paid to play. I just hope he does the decent thing and crawls back under rock from which he came and never ventures back in to a rugby league ground again. If the rfl had any sort of backbone they'd strike him off after that display. If his performance is not a clear cut example of bringing the game in to disrepute I do not know what is. DISGUSTED

It's not often I find myself agreeing with Dennis Betts, who described Cobb as the worst official he'd seen, well I'm in total agreement with Betts, he is unfit for purpose, at best.

He will be promoted to super league for job well done. On a serious note I've seen him ref as super league and found him arrogant and ignorant. Yes he has to be deemed to be in charge but seems like he got a chip on his shoulder imho

I can't wait to see the video from today.

Bulls first try, directly in line with where we stood and the winger who scored was well in front of the kicker. At the time, I wasn't that upset with A Brown's poor jump to get the ball as I was certain the ref or touch judge would give us the offside.

Brambani ground their third try in goal.

Best team lost today for sure. Kear was right in that they played the conditions better when it started siling it down, but I'm gutted for the lads today.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

JK certainly is seething.! All game Cobb worried me with his erratic decision making and I always sensed a need to give the crowd something. I was more astounded by the up grading of a scrum to a penalty to give them a simple 2 points????. For me, they were the crucial points. For their try, I think Dom should have just booted it into the stand and not give the ref the opportunity. We should play the ref as well as the conditions.

Anyway on the game, we more than matched them and had their crowd on their own backs. A couple of loose carries though and Dave Scott kicking dead and we were well on the back foot. Even then we scored that late try to equalise. We should have won, but always felt a sinking feeling.

But what a great season so far, and a fantastic courageous team we have. Matching the top 2 4 times, doubles over Halifax and Sheffield, only just beaten by a Rhinos topped up Fev side. If we keep going, with the other fixtures around us (Bulls next 2 are Halifax & Leigh) we can and will make top 4.

You could smell the desperation and fear within the Bulls crowd during the game :lol: A good effort by the lads and it proves we can give any team in the league a game. Well done Batley, the team have exceeded my expectations already and still have a great chance to make the top four

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well said John Kear. At the very best Jo Cobb was incompetent, and on this showing would have struggled to keep control of a Birkenshaw Blue Dogs under 10's game, never mind one of the most pivotal games of the Championship season that could have put Bradford Bulls out of the top four established pack, perhaps on a permanent basis. As John Kear rightly pointed out the game itself should have been refereed, not the expected outcome.

Whenever i'v seen cobb ref he looks like a little boy in a mans world not as far thru as a damp squid i think he has a authority issue running around with all them big blokes makes him a bit put off fev fan

Archived