What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Pet Shop Boys headlining one night at the Bingley Live festival this summer. 3 x days for ~ £55. Bargain.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11066443.Pet_Shop_Boys_massive_coup_for_Bingley_Music_Live_/?ref=var_0

3 days in Bingley including listening to the Pet Shop Boys for £55? No, they'd have to pay me a LOT more than that!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to Steve Earle and the Supersuckers NYC the other day.

Been a lean few years for the self proclaimed 'greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world' but the new album is a welcome return to some form. Serves as a reminder of just how good they were at their best.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Prompted by the earlier post...

Voi Vod - Fix My Heart. Seriously, you need to check this song out.

Another top chewn, keep 'em coming.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The Move - Cherry Blossom Clinic.

Why is Roy Wood not a Sir?

This story, perhaps?

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Prompted by the earlier post...

Voi Vod - Fix My Heart. Seriously, you need to check this song out.

I actually quite liked that despite not really being into that sort of music....if that makes any sense....

Thanks to a documentary about him, mystery man William Onyeabor seems to be making a belated buzz.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saw this bunch in Paris a couple of nights ago

Enjoyed it quite a lot.  Some of their recent stuff is dreadful.  But I don't remember a crowd give a band such a welcome.  Or a band receive such a welcome so gratefully.

And this song, as ever, reminded me of my mate John RIP.  Floods of tears.

Edited by timtum

• 2 weeks later...

How do you post Youtube links on here please, so they show and play in the post?

On Youtube, underneath the video you are watching, click on 'Share this video' and paste the link shown there into your post on here. That should work.

I had completely forgotten about this lot, until a trigger from the Kim Philby documentary about Enver Hoxha.

Test Dept.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2ADBCE0862AB03C

Still not sure if it is any good, but nearly 30 years ago it seemed a bit different…..

Edited to omit (hopefully) nsfw tracklisting.

Edited by timtum

Yep, frequently over a very British spoken soundtrack.  Like them Public Service Broadcasting but without the melodies and brogues.

Very much akin to Eisturzende Neubaten and some other mob I used to go and see where the drummer from the Men they Couldn't Hang used to join in the din.  Can't remember what they were called...

I wonder why I have significant hearing loss!

Another recommendation for the book 'Rogue Male' - the Radio 4 adaptation is a good one.

Ralph Waldo Emerson