What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

FFS and This Town Ain't Big Enough.

Just wonderful

Just settled down to watch the full set that I've had recorded for a couple of weeks but not managed to watch yet. Been a big Sparks fan since I first heard them. Kimono My House was the first ever album I bought back when I was an 11 or 12 year old in 1974.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what the charts look like to an old git...

• Autotunez - BaybeEeEeEEe!
  • Some Bumfluffed Twart with a Ukelele - I'm stalking you, pallid girl.
  • Kenny West - I'm ace, me.
  • Rihanna - Have I pointed out my genitalia to you lately?
  • Four or Five Teenagers (gender indeterminate and indeed irrelevant) - We sold our Soul to Simon Cowell.
  • Gary Bloke & the Blokes - How the hell did we get back in the charts again? Oh yeah, that advert...
  • Justin Bieber - Fingernails down a blackboard make little girls moist.
  • Feat (feat. Feat) - Feat.
  • Taylor Swift - Spotify and Apple can suck one.
  • The YouTube Crew - It'll be at least a week 'til they figure out we ripped off a better song from 20 years ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Something gentle to round off the evening.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I was a lad, I had a massive crush on...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sid'n'Susie (aka Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs) do The Beatles.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some albums definitely need to be heard on vinyl, REM Automatic For The People is one, happily spinning today.

As you know, mate, I recently had my Linn refurbished by those nice folks at the Audio Room. When I went to pick it up they stuck that LP on it to show off their handiwork.

They knew what they were doing.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Happy birthday Martin Gore, one hell of a talented man

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

As you know, mate, I recently had my Linn refurbished by those nice folks at the Audio Room. When I went to pick it up they stuck that LP on it to show off their handiwork.

They knew what they were doing.

What did they do Dave was it a night and day difference.

I noticed the other day another record shop has opened in town near Land Of Green Ginger, we're getting quite spoilt for choice.

I noticed the other day another record shop has opened in town near Land Of Green Ginger, we're getting quite spoilt for choice.

Linns need fettling every now and then, and it is best to leave it to the experts, as it is supposed to be a fiddly job (to say the least).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

They replaced all the springs, grommets and stuff, lubricated the bearings etc. As Futtocks says, they basically fettled it. It made a huge difference. They also recommended replacing the old base board with a Trampolinn. I couldn't believe the improvement it made to the sound.

I popped in to that record shop last week. Not got a great deal of stock in at the moment but on the plus side it's in a lovely old building down a lovely old street.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

My old external HDD with all the music and video on is on the point of failure, so I am currently restoring my last music backup to a new HDD which arrived yesterday. Two terabytes of space, in a casing less than half the size of the old one!

Started late last night, and currently the restore has got as far (alphabetically) as Peter Hammill in the music folder. Then I have to do the audiobooks and comedy, then the video.

It'll be nice to get back to normal listening conditions.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

They replaced all the springs, grommets and stuff, lubricated the bearings etc. As Futtocks says, they basically fettled it. It made a huge difference. They also recommended replacing the old base board with a Trampolinn. I couldn't believe the improvement it made to the sound.

I popped in to that record shop last week. Not got a great deal of stock in at the moment but on the plus side it's in a lovely old building down a lovely old street.

Some of the mod names alone confuse me, though I hear they can transform the LP 12. Avid are having a product launch of there new amps at Fanthorpes with designer Conrad Mas showcasing them might pop down for a listen, though the combined price of £52000 might just be an upgrade to far ! Edited by westhuller

Some of the mod names alone confuse me, though I hear they can transform the LP 12. Avid are having a product launch of there new amps at Fanthorpes with designer Conrad Mas showcasing them might pop down for a listen, though the combined price of £52000 might just be an upgrade to far !

Their own mod names are enough, but then there's the other companies making tweaks for the Sondek too. After all these years, you'd think a limit had been reached, but no...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Their own mod names are enough, but then there's the other companies making tweaks for the Sondek too. After all these years, you'd think a limit had been reached, but no...

I think you mean Inspire Hi Fi I had my original Rega modded there was an interesting afternoon watching the rebuilds going on.

My old external HDD with all the music and video on is on the point of failure, so I am currently restoring my last music backup to a new HDD which arrived yesterday. Two terabytes of space, in a casing less than half the size of the old one!

Started late last night, and currently the restore has got as far (alphabetically) as Peter Hammill in the music folder. Then I have to do the audiobooks and comedy, then the video.

It'll be nice to get back to normal listening conditions.

Latest progress - the restore has reached the compilation albums ("Various Artists"), so there can't be many more hours to go! :) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't get any of those problems with a slab of black wax

Don't sorry; I've still got almost all of my LPs. And CDs. Although I ditched my cassettes after archiving them to digital.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some of the mod names alone confuse me, though I hear they can transform the LP 12. Avid are having a product launch of there new amps at Fanthorpes with designer Conrad Mas showcasing them might pop down for a listen, though the combined price of £52000 might just be an upgrade to far !

Blimey, is that the actual real number of 0s in that price?