Fev v Sheffield

Stratobill

At Last the season begins. Big hopes for the season ahead , lets hope though we dont take Sheff lightly tmrw. They finished above us last season and only 4points off the top, yes they did get there with lots of bonus points and we did slaughter them in the play offs but that was Harris' leadership. They have always been one of our bogey teams and hard to break down, they have a new ground and new money so this year I think they could be another tough nut to crack. Hard one to predict but I am going for Fev 23 - 18 Sheff .Hope the new Bluebeard can improve the atmosphere in the ground to help the lads to a win. The players we have this season deserve our vocal support that was def lacking last year.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Hope the new Bluebeard can improve the atmosphere in the ground to help the lads to a win.

Who is the new bluebeard, do we know him?????

Or has Fev got its own 'Stig'? :ph34r:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I am sure it better kept secret but he def not drive like the Stig ,not wi the Bluebeard costume on anyway. Greatly anticipated game but not many predictions. Hope its a good turn out tmrw and we give the new players a good ole Fev welcome , esp the PNG players who must be missing there families by now.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

IMO this will be a close game with maybe only one score between the teams so i'm going for FEV 22 Sheff 16. Crowd - about 1300.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I've really got a good feeling for this season, so I'll say Fev by 12-18 points.........though I did reckon Bradford would win last night, and fancied Saints for tonight......1200 att, Iain Morrison MOM

just remind me again marty, of the players suspended from the last game, which player got the longest ban? Lol!

What would you have done with NINE aggressive opposition players surrounding you? And I might remind you it was YOUR players that started the first scrap. I like a good hard game as much as the next man, but WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE GAME.

just remind me again marty, of the players suspended from the last game, which player got the longest ban? Lol!

Lol is right, Robin. It's well known that the RFL don't like expansion teams doing well. ;)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

You were beaten by a better team, get over it, loser.....

I beg to differ. We were beaten by a team who came with the intention of unsettling us by ANY means possible, and we, rather stupidly fell for it. Whether that made you the BETTER team on the day remains to be seen. Anyway, tomorrow's another day, and if you win fairly and squarely, I'll be the first to congratulate you. There you go, and all said without the need for petty minded name calling. :lol:

I beg to differ. We were beaten by a team who came with the intention of unsettling us by ANY means possible, and we, rather stupidly fell for it. Whether that made you the BETTER team on the day remains to be seen. Anyway, tomorrow's another day, and if you win fairly and squarely, I'll be the first to congratulate you. There you go, and all said without the need for petty minded name calling. :lol:

Yawn, anyway, back on Topic

Fev by 6, Mom kain, att 1450

I beg to differ.

you differing or not is largely irrelevant to anyone but yourself Marty. Sheff were comprehensively beaten that night. Let it go owd cock! Let it go.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

confident that sheff would of lost to the hull kr team we were up against..and confident of a good win today..

fev 34-12 sheff..

att: 1467

I think it will be tighter than this, they are our bogey team and mark aston (?) is a great coach who squeezes every bit of potential out of his players. I think they will have a point to prove after we steamrolled them out of the playoff in which in my opinion was the best match we played last season. However we have improved our depth, they have added to their squad too, its tough!

24 - 12 to fev. But very occasionally i have been wrong.

attendance 1100

UP THE ROVERS!

Lol is right, Robin. It's well known that the RFL don't like expansion teams doing well. ;)

Is this tongue in cheek Griff because the general thinking is that the RFL are hell bent in helping the so called expansion clubs. However for one I have never recognised Sheffield has such a team so welcome to the fold.lol

I am sure it better kept secret but he def not drive like the Stig ,not wi the Bluebeard costume on anyway.

its not.....is it !!

close game today......but fev will just nick it

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

You were however beaten! Yes we did unsettle you and it was a pleasure to see! That is what Rugby League is all about it's not just the skill factor it's about coping under pressure and we applied the pressure and you guys weren't able to cope with it! If we beat you in the same manner today i wont be dissapointed! It was edge of the seat entertainment!

Is this tongue in cheek Griff because the general thinking is that the RFL are hell bent in helping the so called expansion clubs. However for one I have never recognised Sheffield has such a team so welcome to the fold.lol

Look no further than last week's match at Wrexham. 6-6 with a few minutes to go then - hey presto - a few iffy decisions give Leeds a comfortable landslide victory.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

You were however beaten! Yes we did unsettle you and it was a pleasure to see! That is what Rugby League is all about it's not just the skill factor it's about coping under pressure and we applied the pressure and you guys weren't able to cope with it! If we beat you in the same manner today i wont be dissapointed! It was edge of the seat entertainment!

What about if we used the same tactics and beat you, would you be happy with that? Anyway, moving on, I thought today's match was very entertaining. We weren't at the races for the first 15 minutes, and were lucky to stick with you. I thought overall, Featherstone were the better team today, and should realy have won. You had three, possibly four, tries disallowed for being held up over the line, missed three kicks at goal and missed a pretty straight forward drop goal attempt. We got close to the line three times and bombed the chance. The good thing from our point of view is that we played a quite mediocre game and still got a draw. I think both teams will do well this season and hopefully get into the play offs again. We owe you one. :D

What about if we used the same tactics and beat you, would you be happy with that? Anyway, moving on, I thought today's match was very entertaining. We weren't at the races for the first 15 minutes, and were lucky to stick with you. I thought overall, Featherstone were the better team today, and should realy have won. You had three, possibly four, tries disallowed for being held up over the line, missed three kicks at goal and missed a pretty straight forward drop goal attempt. We got close to the line three times and bombed the chance. The good thing from our point of view is that we played a quite mediocre game and still got a draw. I think both teams will do well this season and hopefully get into the play offs again. We owe you one. :D

cant disagree with this mate..looking forward to the bramall lane trip....

Nothing ever changes with Sheffield under Aston, very clever coach and frustrates the opposition, it was nice to do the dirty on them for the first time in a long time regarding the play offs.

As for the game, bored at my mind for most of it.

On a funny note, I love hearing fans telling the ref whats what and glancing at the touch judge with a massive grin on his face!

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year