Mick Potter confirmed as the new coach of Bradford

Brian McD apparently claimed on BBC Radio London yesterday evening that he is staying put in London.

Posted on another forum by what I would regard as a decent source.

There seems to be a consensus forming around the idea that the club is in talks with Potter (presumably about money), given that he seemingly has no other firm plans, and that Brian would cost a fee as he still has year's contract at Quins (assuming he would be prepared to leave anyway), this would seem to be the most likely scenario.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a consensus forming around the idea that the club is in talks with Potter (presumably about money), given that he seemingly has no other firm plans, and that Brian would cost a fee as he still has year's contract at Quins (assuming he would be prepared to leave anyway), this would seem to be the most likely scenario.

You are probabaly right here. I can quite understand why David Hughes would be after a fee bearing in mind the

money he is losing as a matter of course. Honest enough to admit I hoped Mc would be off though.

Now this decision has been made though its a case of getting on with it.

I live in hope rather than expectation though.

According to BBC London;

The reality is I'm contracted to Quins, and the reality is I'm not going to Bradford

Didn't hear it myself by Neil Barraclough posted it on twitter not long since.

Tell us all something we already knew I hear you cry.

So to what do I think about ex Bradford player McDermott coming back to Odsal, well he's done a decent job at Harlequins with limited resources.

He's a grafter who can work well in difficult times which we now face at Odsal and to boot he is probably the best English candidate out of the names that were thrown around last month and that is what we need to take the club forward.

The only problem I forsee is that in Brian McDermott we have a signing that is unlikely to excite the fans as an appointment of being made head coach at Odsal.

I just hope he brings in James Lowes back as his assistant.

Looks like your wrong for a change mick.. :D

f3gms4.jpg

So which week was the original poster referring to?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

So which week was the original poster referring to?

The one just ended! Apparently there will be some sort of an announcement this week. I don't have anything official from The Guardian or anything though! ;)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

The one just ended! Apparently there will be some sort of an announcement this week. I don't have anything official from The Guardian or anything though! ;)

You're a good man - I thought I was going mad!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Latest from Ryan Duckett on Radio Leeds 16:30 news 13/7: "The process of appointing the new coach is almost at an end and we hope to be making an announcement in from a couple of days to a week".

So still a bit open ended then!

Could mean that they're still in negociation with whoever it is's club over compensation.

Could mean that they're still in negociation with whoever it is's club over compensation.

Could be. There must be some kind of negotiation going on, whether it's wages or compo. Could be they're looking round the office for a pen to sign on the dotted line with?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

iv'e said for weeks and i'll say it again. Brian McDermott will be coaching Bradford Bulls next season. when i had a meet up with some ex Army mates in London recently and we took in a Quins game. the talk amongst Quins supporters in the bar was who will take over from Brian McDermott for next season.

It's out in the public domain that we have got Mick Potter.

Great news and I for one thing that he's the man to take the Bulls forward and continue the good work done by McNamara with the young players.

Lee St Hilaire, McNamara's former assistant who has been put in caretaker charge for the rest of the season, said several players had been happy to see the England coach leave.
How can they leave the story there? Give us more information!

Potter was supposedly unpopular at both Perpignan and especially St Helens because of his shy, withdrawn, introverted personality. (Remember when Catalans signed Kevin Walters, Bernard Guasch gushing about Walters Queensland personality was more like the Mediterranean personality?).

Is it felt at Bradford that Bradford is a place where shy introverts can thrive and be loved?

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____