cas confirm shenton will leave

cas have confired that micheal shenton will leave the club at the end of the season.

he is expected to sign for st helens. i was hoping that the mathers, owen n orr signings for

next year might of persuaded him to stay bt i suppose it was only a matter of time before

this happened

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,13995_6274764,00.html

Edited by jackknife

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

cas have confired that micheal shenton will leave the club at the end of the season.

he is expected to sign for st helens. i was hoping that the mathers, owen n orr signings for

next year might of persuaded him to stay bt i suppose it was only a matter of time before

this happened

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,13995_6274764,00.html

Two of those signings are probably why he is leaving, doesn't show much ambition does it.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

If Shenton gets confirmed as a Saints signing I will be a happy happy man.

About time we had some pace in the backline, he isnt too shoddy with his defence either.

I wouldn't say pace is his greatest asset, he's more in the Paul Newlove mould (so should go well at Saints).

I wouldn't say pace is his greatest asset, he's more in the Paul Newlove mould (so should go well at Saints).

This post has astounded me!!

He's very very pacy and defensively outstanding.

massive loss to the club and a great asset for (presumably) Saints - Good luck to him

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

This post has astounded me!!

He's very very pacy and defensively outstanding.

massive loss to the club and a great asset for (presumably) Saints - Good luck to him

It was an astounding post, wasn't it? The idea that Shenton could be mentioned in the same sentence as Newlove is preposterous.

He's defensively solid. That's about it.

It was an astounding post, wasn't it? The idea that Shenton could be mentioned in the same sentence as Newlove is preposterous.

He's defensively solid. That's about it.

:lol:

Now try again without your blue and white glasses

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

If Shenton signes for Saints i'll be very happy. He's not in the same class as Newlove yet but he has plently of developing to do. I remember when Newy first came to Saints he was brilliant in attack but his defence was somewhat dodgey and it took another couple of years before he became a truly world class player.

Hopefully Shenton will develop the same way.

Saints will have a pretty decent set of backs with Shenton, Soliola, Lomax, Pryce & Eastmond in it next year.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

If Shenton signes for Saints i'll be very happy. He's not in the same class as Newlove yet but he has plently of developing to do. I remember when Newy first came to Saints he was brilliant in attack but his defence was somewhat dodgey and it took another couple of years before he became a truly world class player.

Hopefully Shenton will develop the same way.

Saints will have a pretty decent set of backs with Shenton, Soliola, Lomax, Pryce & Eastmond in it next year.

This will have been the same developing Newlove who had already scored circa 200 tries in the top flight, played for GB for 6 years and had scored a try in the 33-10 test win at Melbourne in 1992 then? Nice to see how Saints shaped a low-key career. :rolleyes:

Shenton will be a good signing but is not in the same class as Newlove TBH.

I've never really seen the fuss about Shenton's supposed attacking prowess, has always looked like a poor man's Gary Connolly in my book - better defender than attacker. He'll go well for Saints who have struggled for a pair of centres in recent times, but if he is a straight replacement for Gidley then in my view it is a step down and more based on potential than polish.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant