Pick Your Opponents Play-Off Scenario

Say the team that finish 4th manage to beat Wigan in week one.

And say Warrington somehow beat Saints in week one also.

And say Wigan and Saints then go on to beat whoever in week two to progress to week three.

Warrington would have to choose either Wigan or Saints. Who would you pick? Wigan being the best team in the league (but you have a good record against them), and Saints being your ultimate bogey team (although you would have finally just beaten them two weeks prior).

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

And say Wigan and Saints then go on to beat whoever in week two to progress to week three.

Warrington would have to choose either Wigan or Saints. Who would you pick? Wigan being the best team in the league (but you have a good record against them), and Saints being your ultimate bogey team (although you would have finally just beaten them two weeks prior).

Would have to be Wigan. :D

I'd forgot all about the coaches pick thing. I'd say you look at the relative form and health of each squad, there is very little to choose between Wigan, Saints or Wire. I think there will be some brlliant games in the play offs this year.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Great question, i'd been talking about this all week, I think this will happen.

Wires would pick Wigan.

I'm not sure we would pick Wigan in this scenario, I think once we beat Saints then the spell is broken and at the minute I'd prefer to play them.

I have to say thought that this Coach's pick I think is actually a disadvantage for the side doing the picking and a great otivator for the side picked!

There'd be a 3rd option in there, and we'd pick them.

Or have I got it wrong?

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Irrelevant - we will beat Saints so this thread needs to start again!! :)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

You can't pick the other team that wins in week one. It's their reward for not getting beat. Leeds couldn't pick Saints last year.

I see.

I think.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

This is where clubcall gets really interesting.

If in RD1 the top two teams win, then it will generally just go to league positions like last year (unless the coach is very very brave!), but this year with Leeds and Wire/Saints expected to finish 3rd and 4th, then there is a real possibility of an upset or two.

Last year's was pretty interesting to watch live on Sky, although everybody knew that Leeds would pick Catalans, but if your scenario happened, I think it would be great drama!

Not bothered who we play. The way we demolished Leeds in the cup final last week shows that wires need to fear no one. Bring it on!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!