Tim Sheens says he would pick Gareth Ellis in the Australian team.

Unfortunately both of the two famous Englishmen missed out on winning any of the Dally M awards tonight. However one of St Helens' favourite sons did win a medal:

NRL Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:49:00

Dally M:

The complete list of Dally M Award winners for 2010 announced tonight at the State Theatre in Sydney:

Dally M Medal: Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)

Provan Summons Medal: Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)

Captain: Braith Anasta (Sydney Roosters)

Fullback: Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Winger: Akuila Uate (Newcastle Knights)

Centre: Jamie Lyon (Manly Sea Eagles)

Five-Eighth: Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)

Halfback: Scott Prince (Gold Coast Titans)

Lock: Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)

Second Row: Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)

Prop: David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)

Hooker: Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)

Coach: Brian Smith (Sydney Roosters)

Rep Player: Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)

Rookie: Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)

Toyota Cup Player of the Year: Tariq Sims (Brisbane Broncos)

Peter Frilingos Headline Moment: Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)

Top Point Scorer: Michael Gordon (Penrith Panthers)

Top Try Scorer: Akuila Uate (Newcastle Knights)

Wrong Forum.

People called Romans they go the house

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it up.

What does it matter?

Mr Posh is a member of a religious sect that believes in the sanctity of strict and inflexible forum divisions.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Dally M Medal: Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)

Excuse me while I pause to blow a thick layer of dust off a rotten old joke...

I thought he was really good in 'Grange Hill'.

I'll get me coat... :dry:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phil Gould reported that in an off camera interview earlier today at Channel 9 studios in Australia, the current Australian coach Tim Sheens told him (Gould) that Gareth Ellis is good enough to play for Australia.

Gould told this story on air to an Australian television audience of millions, noting that this was a huge compliment to Ellis.

This proves just how very talented some English rugby league players really are.

Nonsense. Gareth Ellis is a British player and therefore couldn't even hold down a spot in lower table NRL side.

We now that's true 'cos the Aussies tell us all the time.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

You have summed up the issues well:

(1) 1976JWPwires is an ignorant ######,

(2) some people on here are interested in the reputation of English players in Australia.

Until last year the only English player whom most Australian fans recognised was Adrian Morley. Now we can add Ellis and Burgess to the mix. Before too long I hope there will be others. It is very good for enhancing the interest in the international game, and we need to promote more English players trying their hand in the NRL.

If the likes of 1976 wires and the k**** who post rubbish against Paris ran our game we would be watching unlimited tackles on cow fields! for gods sake try and look at the bigger picture!

If the likes of 1976 wires and the k**** who post rubbish against Paris ran our game we would be watching unlimited tackles on cow fields! for gods sake try and look at the bigger picture!

LMFAO

I'm sick of reading what the OZ / Kiwi think, go put it on the Aussie forum.

I care about ESL not what aussies think of us / our players.

LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE...... Read my comments on Crusaders and go figure.

Paris ALWAY talks about IF this was to happen, maybe this TV deal will happen....and then wait for it BUT.

Great he talks the game up, but its not a fairy tale as he makes most posts out to be.... and he also can't see he is a disgusting racist as well.... so thats all from me.

who's the k***** you refer to?????

I'm please you nearly named me correctly ;)

just to help 1976PMJwires and not 1976 wires. get it right mucker :P

Fine by me.

If Australians aren't interested in SL, then that's just great.

I honestly couldn't give a flying ###### if the inhabitants of some backwater 10,000 miles are not interested in SL.

The fact that some people feel the need to cream themselves over the NRL is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

for someone that doesnt care you sure post a lot about this.

rather than trying to convince others all the time why not just accept some people prefer the nrl over SL and this doesnt make them insecure, fawning or anything else

frankly these tirades arent funny anymore

for someone that doesnt care you sure post a lot about this.

rather than trying to convince others all the time why not just accept some people prefer the nrl over SL and this doesnt make them insecure, fawning or anything else

frankly these tirades arent funny anymore

I agree, and my comment on the previous page was tongue in cheek.

However, there is a bit of irony at play here. There is not an Aussie on this site that can accept that some of us prefer SL to the NRL.

People called Romans they go the house

All the other commentators on Channel 9 who were assigned to the Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans telecast agreed that with Gould that the Sheens comment was a great compliment to Gareth Ellis.

No comment yet on this revelation from Andrew Voss and those commentating the Brisbane vs Canberra game.

The attention given to the Sheens comment may be part of a pre-publicity campaign for the upcoming Four Nations. Gareth Ellis has been a little in the shadow of the Hollywood-sponsored glamour boy Sam Burgess. Bringing Gareth out of Sam's shadow will increase interest in the England team among the Australian public.

Ffs, are you really this bored?

Interesting article on Gareth Ellis and his father in Australia.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl...r-1225916784263

For those who did not watch the Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters final, Gareth Ellis went over the Roosters try line with the ball three times in the first 13 minutes, but did not get a try awarded. Then a few minutes later he was put on report for a high tackle.

The other English player, lock/loose forward Chris Heighington, had an outstanding game. He may have played his way into the England 17 for the Four Nations.

But watch the game. It was an epic. From the 55th minute on it was unbelievable.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

For those who did not watch the Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters final, Gareth Ellis went over the Roosters try line with the ball three times in the first 13 minutes, but did not get a try awarded. Then a few minutes later he was put on report for a high tackle.

The other English player, lock/loose forward Chris Heighington, had an outstanding game. He may have played his way into the England 17 for the Four Nations.

But watch the game. It was an epic. From the 55th minute on it was unbelievable.

Heighington is an Australian that has English heritage not unlike Pat Richards Irish situation.

Ellis may be rubbbed out of next weeks game his tackle was dodgy.

how did the actual other englishman go? Flanagan

didnt notice him. not done much all season

ellis was in everything early on. he actually did score a fair try which was chalked off because of a punch thrown by one of his team mates in the PTB leading up to the try

another time was putting the ball down for a try when it was knocked out by a roosters player and held up on another occasion.

For those who did not watch the Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters final, Gareth Ellis went over the Roosters try line with the ball three times in the first 13 minutes, but did not get a try awarded. Then a few minutes later he was put on report for a high tackle

Is it going to be a church do for you two or a simple registry office affair?

Seriously, you're posting about this fella like a bloody stalker! :lol:

The other English player, lock/loose forward Chris Heighington, had an outstanding game. He may have played his way into the England 17 for the Four Nations

He's Australian. From Central Coast NSW in fact.

Happens to be a dual-passport holder which would allow him to qualify for England if he so chose to do (in other words, if he wanted to play international RL and didn't make a Roos squad).

flanagan is on the bench for the wests nsw cup team. im not sure why but he has only been used sparingly in first grade over the last few weeks since fulton has returned. he has had quite a good year but doesnt seem to be in sheen's plans as of late, im not sure if he is carrying any injuries.

He's Australian. From Central Coast NSW in fact.

Happens to be a dual-passport holder which would allow him to qualify for England if he so chose to do (in other words, if he wanted to play international RL and didn't make a Roos squad).

If he's a British citizen that's fine by me.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

flanagan is on the bench for the wests nsw cup team. im not sure why but he has only been used sparingly in first grade over the last few weeks since fulton has returned. he has had quite a good year but doesnt seem to be in sheen's plans as of late, im not sure if he is carrying any injuries.

early season he was doing well, did what he was asked to do and was getting more game time than at wigan, does seem to ahave trailed off, he wasnt doing a huge stand out job but he was doing well for someone still finding their feet etc..

my comment was really more of a dig at PST doing his normal BS merchant work of "the other englishman" as if its just Heighington and Ellis when it isnt!