Wigan v Leeds Disciplinary

Lee

Wow! There's some bile on here about McGuire's pull back on Carmont.

It was a professional foul. It was wrong. But he got away with it. To moan about where the subsequent penalty was is pathetic, but to wish him ill is beneath contempt. Does anyone seriously believe that Carmont wouldn't have done the same in the same circumstances?

By the way, was anyone else reminded of Meninga's infamous pull back at Old Trafford? That one cost GB the match and, eventually, the series. It stuck in the throat, but there was nothing we could do about it then and there's nothing anyone can do about yesterday's incident. I'm sure the Wigan players will be even more determined to win should they meet Leeds again.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

My,what a fine upstanding member of the community you are.Wishing injury on any player is contemptible.

You have shown yourself for the fool that you are.

i resent that remark, i have never wished injury on any player ever, and you are out of order for saying that.

if he injures himself fouling someone then it is his own fault.

and terry i am a bloke :O

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

So many teams have broken the cap even Castleford. Many break it and never get caught.

Cheating to win games though or at leasy trying to is a Cas speciality ask Colin Tyrer or Kelvin Skerrett :P

So many teams have pulled a player back etc etc etc

You mention Kelvin Skerret - was that anything to do with his sin binning in the 94 Regal Trophy final? I believe it was 33-2 in the end.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

So many teams have pulled a player back etc etc etc

You mention Kelvin Skerret - was that anything to do with his sin binning in the 94 Regal Trophy final? I believe it was 33-2 in the end.

No Premiership Final broken jaw courtesy of Sampson.

The RT Final was a thrown game BTW B) Surely you realised that at the time and thereafter with what happened.

i resent that remark, i have never wished injury on any player ever, and you are out of order for saying that.

if he injures himself fouling someone then it is his own fault.

and terry i am a bloke :O

"well he has only got himself to blame, cheats usually get whats coming to them, and no i have no pity for him whatsoever."

Bang out of order and you know it.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

No Premiership Final broken jaw courtesy of Sampson.

The RT Final was a thrown game BTW B) Surely you realised that at the time and thereafter with what happened.

Did Sampson get banned?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

How many years was Maradonna slaughtered for cheating. Trust me if Danny had been playing a high profile sport he would have been slaughtered as would Leeds particularly their coach for his post match comments. Many fans whilst not wishing injury on players will have zero sympathy for Danny. Why should they? He brough the injury upon himself by cheating. He took the odds got his team a win but it cost him and possibly the team more in the long run.

Anybody on here fancy taking a deep breath and relaxing a bit?

And maybe on the match thread too?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Many fans whilst not wishing injury on players will have zero sympathy for Danny.

If you've got no sympathy for a player who gets a serious injury whilst putting his body on the line for the audience's entertainment - in whatever sport actually - then, frankly, you're not a fan.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

How many years was Maradonna slaughtered for cheating. Trust me if Danny had been playing a high profile sport he would have been slaughtered as would Leeds particularly their coach for his post match comments. Many fans whilst not wishing injury on players will have zero sympathy for Danny. Why should they? He brough the injury upon himself by cheating. He took the odds got his team a win but it cost him and possibly the team more in the long run.

It happens every game but because Wigan didn't put the game to bed when they had Leeds on the ropes,you need to find some excuse,the touch nor the referee saw Mcguire pull Carmont back so a penalty was not given for that incident.It was given for the perceived late challenge on Richards.Richards missed the resultant kick at goal ergo Leeds win.

Wigan only have themselves to blame for not finishing Leeds off when they had the chance.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

If you've got no sympathy for a player who gets a serious injury whilst putting his body on the line for the audience's entertainment - in whatever sport actually - then, frankly, you're not a fan.

He got injured breaking rules. If somebody kills themselves crashing their car whilst blind drunk do you have sympathy Jon?

We have no idea how long he will be injured for or how serious it is because Leeds medical staff are notorious for bad prediction and from my limited knowledge any swelling etc has to calm down before you get a decent scan.

It happens every game but because Wigan didn't put the game to bed when they had Leeds on the ropes,you need to find some excuse,the touch nor the referee saw Mcguire pull Carmont back so a penalty was not given for that incident.It was given for the perceived late challenge on Richards.Richards missed the resultant kick at goal ergo Leeds win.

Wigan only have themselves to blame for not finishing Leeds off when they had the chance.

It does not happen every game it is rare to find such an event and certainly never for a team / player to be so repeatedly cynical in the closing stages of a match. Worse their so called Coach then makes an ass of himself and does not retract his words even when being show the incident by Eddie Hemmings.

No excuses needed because ou get a 2nd chance in the silly play offs and can lose to a team but then beat them in the final.

We are British, we have standards we do not cynically cheat :P

He got injured breaking rules. If somebody kills themselves crashing their car whilst blind drunk do you have sympathy Jon?

We have no idea how long he will be injured for or how serious it is because Leeds medical staff are notorious for bad prediction and from my limited knowledge any swelling etc has to calm down before you get a decent scan.

So the Leeds medical staff are cheats now,I don't think a report saying he requires surgery would be made up, do you,especially as he would probably be in the 4 nations squad.

Didnt golden bo**ocks Pat Richards miss 3 penalty kicks to win the game!!!! well, blame him!

Im sure none of the wigan player have ever pulled a player back have they.. maybe if Mcguire had pulled him back 5 meters from the line you would have an argument to call him whatever you want, but lets face, it was on wigan's 40 meter line and you wouldnt of scored anyway!

Stop being so pathetic!

"well he has only got himself to blame, cheats usually get whats coming to them, and no i have no pity for him whatsoever."

Bang out of order and you know it.

so who's fault was it he got injured? and do you agree cheats deserve to be found out, and no i have no pity, if he broke his hand breaking a players jaw would you have pity for him.

you are the one out of order condoning cheating.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

So people are happy Maguire got injured doing what he did? Jesus, would these same people have been happy if Sam Tomkins had put his shoulder out when he held onto two Leeds players (also cheating by the way) to gain penalties? I also cant believe the other Tomkins got away with booting someone, no matter how little power he put in thats just a complete no-no.

Why wouldn't I?

Erm let me see :lol: because by disregarding the law they might go out and kill a member of your family. So IMO if somebody dies whilst driving over the limit then rather them than some innnocent law abiding citizen. I do not believe in God so I do not have to be a Christian and show IMO false sympathy.

It does not happen every game it is rare to find such an event and certainly never for a team / player to be so repeatedly cynical in the closing stages of a match. Worse their so called Coach then makes an ass of himself and does not retract his words even when being show the incident by Eddie Hemmings.

No excuses needed because ou get a 2nd chance in the silly play offs and can lose to a team but then beat them in the final.

We are British, we have standards we do not cynically cheat :P

Never read such one eyed rubbish in all my time on this forum.Wigan have never,ever been cynical,their coaches have never made asses of themselves and you live in a land of sunshine and lollipops.

Players are held,obstructed and pulled back every game.

So people are happy Maguire got injured doing what he did? Jesus, would these same people have been happy if Sam Tomkins had put his shoulder out when he held onto two Leeds players (also cheating by the way) to gain penalties? I also cant believe the other Tomkins got away with booting someone, no matter how little power he put in thats just a complete no-no.

You obviously missed Keith Senior putting force into kicking a Wigan player earlier in the season or Ablett trying to inflict injury on Tomkins in the most recent league game. Or does it depend on which club you favour DKW. If you find me all your posts condemning those events then I will take i all back :rolleyes:

Erm let me see :lol: because by disregarding the law they might go out and kill a member of your family. So IMO if somebody dies whilst driving over the limit then rather them than some innnocent law abiding citizen. I do not believe in God so I do not have to be a Christian and show IMO false sympathy.

Are you seriously using this analogy? Wow.

Never read such one eyed rubbish in all my time on this forum.Wigan have never,ever been cynical,their coaches have never made asses of themselves and you live in a land of sunshine and lollipops.

Players are held,obstructed and pulled back every game.

Show me an identical example. Talk is cheap and given you say it happens so much there will be umpteen examples out there on YouTube. I will give you 5 minutes. Hurry along Terry (I liked him as a player BTW)