Clues on Yorkshire Mens League set up 2015?

So you can see an issue, I can see an issue, others admit thinks are not right

The RFL on the face of it think things are ok and will not alter their strategy, they have just had £573,000 taken off them but kept in the game for others to spend because the RFL could not be trusted with it, now that is a sad state of affairs for the NGB

Oh absolutely there's a big problem. Hard to see a way forward without lots of clubs merging and even that is just consolidating what we've got rather than reversing the decline. For what it's worth the NWML seems to be improving since the clubs who couldn't raise a team are gone, I've still got concerns over Halton Farnworth Hornets and Widnes West Bank A, possibly Bank Quay Bulls too. There is growth but it's in places like Manchester, Runcorn and especially Bury

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Bowes unfortunately all we do is go round in circles

• Switch to increase, answer why it has not happened?
  • Less Participation, answer why that is the case?
  • More call off's because of player availability, why? RFL said less call offs
  • Winter was on the decline the switch has accelerated this why has the decline not reversed?
  • Just prior to the switch we had 80,000 playing the game which was on the decline, we are now at 40,000 any other business would be held accountable why not the RFL?
  • Why has the game not taken off in summer?
  • Why have we got very few new teams, we are now in the forth year should things not be happening by now?
  • Why has the youth not seen an increase in participation it is all summer?
  • 3 teams have dropped out of the YM Premier like Hull man said Beverley's first 2 games called off
  • We have had one game called off in the winter due to weather, played Beverley 3 times they completed all their fixtures I think they played one team who had less than 13
  • Rugby Union has seen an increase, I know a local RU Chairman who says its the best thing that ever happened RL switching seasons, I seriously worry for our game they will show a legacy after their World Cup where was Rugby Leagues??
  • Please update the Coventry Bears website so we can see how many local lads are playing that will be a good indication of expanding the game or are you doing an Oxford??

PS forgot to mention I'm no longer involved in the website this year but basically most of our players live in the midlands just not necessarily in Coventry itself

A merged Ovenden and Halifax Irish are now in the premier division with reserves in division 3. Apparently some Brighouse players are going as well. Heard a rumour they're called Ovenden Irish but the website just calls them Ovenden

What the team who won the Championship not so long ago?

They failed to complete the season 2013/14 and then got shafted by the league 2014/15 and ended up getting expelled. Clearly the problems aren't to do with summer.

I'll support any club that merges to secure a future as one strong club is better than having two clubs struggling

Have poor old beverley got a game this wk?? Heard today hull wyke opponent's pulled out last wk aswell. Grass aint always greener on the other side!!!! See hull wyke and beverley back in hull and district next season. Be interesting to see how long there last this season in YML actually the way its going hahahaha

Have poor old beverley got a game this wk?? Heard today hull wyke opponent's pulled out last wk aswell. Grass aint always greener on the other side!!!! See hull wyke and beverley back in hull and district next season. Be interesting to see how long there last this season in YML actually the way its going hahahaha

The YML has a long way to go before it can top the Pennine league (lost 8 premier division teams this season plus a 9th didn't start the season). I think the Hull and District league is doing alright in part due to the lack of travel, a summer Hull league would work better than YML for Beverley but there are only really 6 sides good enough playing summer (including Scarborough)

To be fair I would prefer to play in a Hull League as Hull sides always seem to fufill their fixtures against us where we sometimes have trouble with West York's sides. A North & East York's Summer League perhaps?

To be fair I would prefer to play in a Hull League as Hull sides always seem to fufill their fixtures against us where we sometimes have trouble with West York's sides. A North & East York's Summer League perhaps?

If Heworth and York Acorn A are happy to play in one that would work

I think people just want a stable league, I presume Heworth and Acorn and maybe even an Earswick summer team would probably play in a League of North and East York's teams.

Don't know if Hull clubs would travel to York / Scarborough, or even further up into the county though?!

I think people just want a stable league, I presume Heworth and Acorn and maybe even an Earswick summer team w. ould probably play in a League of North and East York's teams.

Don't know if Hull clubs would travel to York / Scarborough, or even further up into the county though?!

I'm guessing as the Hull clubs currently in summer are having to travel anyway they wouldn't mind. York would be less distance than where they're having to go plus they'd get more games go ahead. If a team ever set up in say Harrogate they'd need to play the west Yorkshire sides

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the entry league line ups? The only division I've seen is: Farnley Falcons, Beeston Broncos, Methley Royals, Heworth A, Bentley Good Companions A

Hunslet club Parkside A (pennine winter team) are in the entry league and play Whinmoor this sat.............

• 2 weeks later...

Archived