Final curtain

exiledyed

You have COMPLETELY missed the Point...

But Go On  I will spell it out for you....

It is of course about the use of the words by CH  "Crux Lies in the word Partnership"  and  "mutual Benefit" 

Im not at all referring to the Rugby Link

Just the use of the Language!

Don`t you grind your teeth Geoff...LOL!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a suggestion that a group gets together to prepare a document to present to Mr.C.Hamilton and to ensure the same document is sent to the RFL. This will show the RFL, when no reply is forthcoming, how supporters at ORLFC are treated. Someone needs to post a venue and a date for this meeting or someone invites a group to prepare and forward the said document to the RFL and Mr.C.Hamilton.

With regards to a new site, Higginshaw Gas Works is a massive site, close links to the motorway network, a tram station on its doorstep but more importantly it is on the right side of Oldham.

There is the option of possibly doing a Q&A on this forum.  I'm sure League Express would help facilitate (and publicise it Q's are ignored?).

Its an option (especially if CH doesn't want to meet a big group in person).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Spud, I'm not a fan of the Melrose fields idea. I understand your reasoning, but there's too much of an established residential area, not currently available as part of the council's development plan.

I always acknowledged that Alexandra retail park meets many of the criteria, but i think its in the wrong location and that the land could be better used for employment.

Merton Playing fields - site is multi-level, there would have to be massive earthworks to level the land for a stadium, not sure who owns it, Hulme makes sense though..

You sure about it not being level?? Looks level from the tram? Might have a walk down tomorrow.

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

its my night off work and im bored...so here we go...

melrosefieldstadium1_zpsmsvs2u9h.jpg

hollingwood keep their pitch & facilties

theres parking

theres a 4000+ capacity community RL stadium

theres a footpath to the right which goes to freehold tram station (500m)

its less that a mile from junction 21 of the m60

one can only dream

OLDHAM RLFC

Spud, there are lots of sites that could fit a stadium on, but there are many planning considerations to take.

I believe There would be massive objections to building on that site (Melrose).

I think it's too close to established residential areas. Although it's close to motorway, the roads immediately round there are not designed for extra volume (traffic calming measures) and there would be a significant loss of 'community green space'.

That is why I feel the focus should be on brown field sites close to the town centre or motorway. Taking into account general planning considerations, council plans, transport links etc.

Out of interest, using your Google earth drawing skills , would a stadium fit on the old Sainsbury site?

what you have to take into account too is the fact the sainsburys site is privately owned,infact sainsburys still lease the site at a cost of £1m a year iirc...buying the place will cost more than the stadium you'd be putting on it...thats why its stood empty for 10-11 years..

where as melrose fields is owned by the RFL...the possibilities are endless....a partnership between RO & the RFL deliver a regional/development/community RL facility that would be the base for local amateur & "pro" RL teams as well as potentially being a base to train referees,host england training sessions,england academy test matches as well as local schools & amateur finals...

and as long as the development is aesthetically pleasing and adds facilties to the area i don't think planning will be as big a issue some make out...we would'nt be building a huge stadium...infact it would'nt be much different to a stadium down in dartford,kent....princes park,capacity 4,000

Dartford_13.jpg

dartfordstadium.jpg

3119481_25234_0-630.jpg

that place cost £7m but it does have alot of fancy,energy saving,"eco ######" built into it,grass roof,solar cells etc...and a training pitch at the side too.....it could have been built for less but you'll probably get more grants for building "green" these days lol

OLDHAM RLFC

Reply to Eclecticsheep. St Annes are at the top side of the old gasworks. The site I am talking about is off Shaw Road and stretches down to Salmon Fields - it's enormous, it's big enough for a 75,000 stadium.

I see another page has been set up ie. involving the RFL. I feel whilst there is some momentum lets get a meeting organised asap and take it from there. Once we have an action plan sorted then we can invite all and sundry and Mr.C.Hamilton and then importantly move the club forward..

Is there anybody out there who has links with any of the amateur clubs so that we can use their facilities for our meeting?

while at work last night ive been catching up on the podcasts from thursday nights GMR RL progammes...a couple of weeks ago they had mark wynn (rochdale),john roddy (swinton) and our very own chris hamilton on the show.....

"borohornet" emailed in and asked whether the panel thought thats "fan owned/involvement" was the future for clubs at this level??

obviously mark wynn & john roddy went on to extol the virtues of supporters trusts running clubs,giving examples of the likes of barcalona fc,greenbay packers and how,by law, german football clubs have to be 50% owned by the fans...

one voice lay silent...i was hoping its was because the alarm bells in his head rendered him incapable of speaking....

how long is it going to be before the penny drops?

OLDHAM RLFC

Can you name all the clubs and their partner clubs?

I'm sure that not everyone is linked with another club.

Sorry to ask again, just intrested to see who is linked with who. Can't think of the partner clubs for All Golds, South Wales or Oxford.

while at work last night ive been catching up on the podcasts from thursday nights GMR RL progammes...a couple of weeks ago they had mark wynn (rochdale),john roddy (swinton) and our very own chris hamilton on the show.....

"borohornet" emailed in and asked whether the panel thought thats "fan owned/involvement" was the future for clubs at this level??

obviously mark wynn & john roddy went on to extol the virtues of supporters trusts running clubs,giving examples of the likes of barcalona fc,greenbay packers and how,by law, german football clubs have to be 50% owned by the fans...

one voice lay silent...i was hoping its was because the alarm bells in his head rendered him incapable of speaking....

how long is it going to be before the penny drops?

Shame the host did not press him a little.It seems like they are guarded with a Hamilton as are the community radio chaps.Such is the wall of silence.If pressed he would be like a bunny rabbit in the headlights.

Nothing will happen without the agreement of CH.

He owns the club lock stock and barrel.

You can have all the meetings you want but if he does not attend there is no point.

One to one meetings with him are pointless as by the time the outcome of those type of meetings are circulated around the fans you end up with info that is nothing like what was said.

A public meeting with the fans and press is what is needed.

Shame the host did not press him a little.It seems like they are guarded with a Hamilton as are the community radio chaps.Such is the wall of silence.If pressed he would be like a bunny rabbit in the headlights.

when the question was posed and the other two answered i was shouting "ASK CHRIS!!!!" lol

OLDHAM RLFC

The traditional AUS model for RL clubs is the Not-for-Profit Community Association. About half the NRL clubs still use this model. The first privately-owned club was Brisbane Broncos, in 1988. The only reason the NSWRL accepted the privately-owned Brisbane was that they had wanted a Brisbane team for years but the QRL refused to back it.

I, and about 200 other fans, own 5% of Hull KR.  http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-KR-sell-10-000-club-shares-Rovers-Supporters/story-20477589-detail/story.html

The traditional AUS model for RL clubs is the Not-for-Profit Community Association. About half the NRL clubs still use this model. The first privately-owned club was Brisbane Broncos, in 1988. The only reason the NSWRL accepted the privately-owned Brisbane was that they had wanted a Brisbane team for years but the QRL refused to back it.

I, and about 200 other fans, own 5% of Hull KR.  http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-KR-sell-10-000-club-shares-Rovers-Supporters/story-20477589-detail/story.html

i know...looked into all supporters trusts just about everywhere lol

OLDHAM RLFC

As someone connected with Swinton Lions I have absolutely no wish to interfere in your debate, and this is posted purely for information purposes.

At Swinton the Supporters Trust owns 20% of the club.

The members of the Trust also elect 2 persons to the Lions' Board of Directors (which currently is 50% of the Board). Works very well, and there is tremendous co-operation across the whole club.

Best of luck for the future, perhaps a Blackpool final between us?

Thanks for the input ste.

Is there scope for the trust to buy more of the club should they wish to do so??

Also aren't swinton currently in a CVA? your paying off old debt?? can you explain that situation as i feel thats a option we could face..

OLDHAM RLFC

Pretty much everything regarding our recent history is already in the public arena. If you go through the news items on our website you'll find a full résumé on a public meeting which took place in early December. A good summary there which should answer your questions. But of course our situation not necessarily the same as yours. Kind regards.

Archived