Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Eels forward Tepai Moeroa is facing a week on the sidelines after he was cited by the NRL Match review committee for a shoulder charge. 

The Grade 1 charge for his challenge on Titans half Ash Taylor during the Eels loss to the Gold Coast attracts 200 points, but he could avoid a two-game suspension with an early guilty plea. 

14 minutes ago, Graham said:

Rabbitohs forward George Burgess was sent to the sin-bin for throwing punches but may face a harsher penalty for a thrown elbow. Gurgess knocked a ball on in the first tackle after a kick-off and then lashed out at Mitchell Barnett after the players collided. Put on report so could get a big penalty.

Gurgess is still having a 'mare when it comes to keeping hold of the ball. Also lost control of it at the try line. Anyone would think that he uses butter for hand wash. 

13 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Gurgess is still having a 'mare when it comes to keeping hold of the ball. Also lost control of it at the try line. Anyone would think that he uses butter for hand wash. 

Both George and Tom do seem to have lost some form. Maybe they need to have a redoubling of efforts. Are they distracted somehow?

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Both George and Tom do seem to have lost some form. Maybe they need to have a redoubling of efforts. Are they distracted somehow?

I'm not as sure about Tom. With Gurgess, he's back in the headlines. Reportedly not seeing eye to eye with Maguire. Could be a personality clash perhaps. Was placed in reserve grade then given game time with the first team, now this. Pure frustration. 

Edited by JimBronco

NRL referees boss Tony Archer has admitted the match officials should have denied the Roosters their match-winning try against the Panthers on Saturday night.

“From the vision you can see that the touch judge is in good position to rule on the pass,” Archer said.

Wests Tigers have today announced the termination of the contract of head coach Jason Taylor, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers chair Marina Go said the decision was not an easy one for the club to make.

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-sack-jason-taylor/tabid/10874/newsid/104851/default.aspx

I expect a more stern test for my Melbourne Storm next Sunday from Wests now that they have got rid of Taylor. 

Edited by Deranged Drunk Guy

4 hours ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Wests Tigers have today announced the termination of the contract of head coach Jason Taylor, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers chair Marina Go said the decision was not an easy one for the club to make.

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-sack-jason-taylor/tabid/10874/newsid/104851/default.aspx

I expect a more stern test for my Melbourne Storm next Sunday from Wests now that they have got rid of Taylor. 

I think that's quite a harsh sacking. I know they got hammered this weekend but given everything that's happened at the club over the last few years(none of which was Taylors fault) I think he's done a remarkable job to keep the team playing as they have been

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I'll never understand why they got rid of Mick Potter after 1 season only.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

32 minutes ago, Graham said:

Jordan McLean has told Melbourne Storm he is leaving at the end of this season.

He came through the club's development system.

Disappointing news.

Wonder where he's going?

He's been announced at North Queensland from what ive seen

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Tigers will have to pay out the rest of his contract which will put some sort of strain on their budget when paying a replacement for him. Aren't they still paying some of the wages of Farah and another ex player?

Should be just Farah this year. He's getting $450K. Paying out Taylor is no big deal because we have cash. We just don't have salary cap space.

I hope we get Ivan Cleary.

James Segeyaro is on his way to Cronulla. Apparently, an agreement has been reached with Leeds on a transfer fee. The NRL has even allowed the Sharks to name Segeyaro in the 21-man list this Tuesday for the Round 4 game against the Eels although his contract has yet to be registered.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

4 hours ago, Graham said:

I'm sure Sharks will benefit from having him on the field for them this season.

Can't say I'll ever see him in the same light again though after walking out on his previous club.

I hope Leeds have got decent money for him as compensation. I feel he's got off lightly.

He got off lightly indeed. And, unfortunately, I fail to see how this current trend will stop anytime soon if players aren't held accountable. That being said, I don't know what really happened with his contract.

But Tallis basically did the same thing about 20 years ago if I remember correctly (Saints / Broncos).

He will certainly help the Sharks' onfield performance, but quite frankly he's a player I don't want in the team.

* Subject to change

I like Prior but 3 years? He's about to turn 30. Still he has won GFs with 2 different clubs. I couldn't find a list of players who have done that but I know only Glenn Lazarus has won 3 at different clubs.

IMG_0983.thumb.JPG.f8397a8b8db62f9c8af7b52b4d7911bf.JPG

I was moved when I heard the tragic news of the death of Sharnie Kimmorley, Brett's wife from cancer of the brain.

I feel for Brett and his daughters who have sadly lost their mother at such a young age.

IMG_0984.JPG.1fce693dd331131ad171ba2636f6a829.JPG

My sincere condolences to Brett and his family.

Rest in peace Sharnie.

Sharks news:

After giving himself, as well as the coaching staff and all Sharks fans a big scare on Saturday night, Wade Graham appears to have escaped serious injury following an incident in the game against the Eels.

Graham went down late in the first half after some friendly fire, the leg of Ricky Leutele clipping him when attempting a tackle, but after an anxious few minutes was given the all clear to resume the game.

He would go on to finish the match and subsequent scans have shown no breaks or fractures with Graham expected to be fit to take on the Newcastle Knights this weekend.

Of the other walking wounded, James Maloney was sore and sorry immediately following the game after receiving a couple of heavy knocks, however he too is likely to be given the all clear to play this Saturday afternoon at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

In what was a physical encounter the Sharks were sporting signs of just how tough the match was, with Andrew Fifita requiring stitches over his right eye the most notable.

Edited by Graham

Luke Brooks will spend several weeks on the sidelines following a hamstring injury suffered in the Tigers’ 22-14 loss to the Storm.

Brooks left the field in the second half and will miss this week’s match against a red-hot Dragons outfit.

“Brooks is undergoing treatment on the hamstring and will be unavailable for selection for this week's game against the St George Illawarra Dragons at ANZ Stadium," a club statement said.

Melbourne Storm will name injured forwards Christian Welch and Jordan McLean in the extended 21-man squad for Saturday’s game against Penrith Panthers.

But Welch (concussion) and McLean (calf) must first prove their fitness this week to face the fifth-placed Panthers at AAMI Park.

Welch copped a knock to the head in the hard-fought win over West Tigers and did not return to the field after failing a concussion test.

Gold Coast Titans co-captain Ryan James has been found not guilty by the NRL judiciary and is free to play this Sunday against the Warriors in Auckland.

James was initially charged by the NRL Match Review Committee with a Grade 1 – Shoulder Charge that if found guilty, would have seen him miss the next two matches.