what was the best promotion your club did?

Over on another forum there is a debate about the best way to increase the crowds at RL.

The most patronising of which was to have somewhere for the little lady to get her hair and nails done!!!!!!!!

So what has your club done that proved to be a long term success. All clubs can get freeloaders in on the free tickets but what makes them stay or return?

Leeds rang me early yesterday morning to ask (very nicely) why we hadn't used our club cards yet.

Went on to offer free food at the Easter game if four of us went.

I was quite impressed and now have to have a serious talk to the kids!!

The 'three-eyed fish' poster for the last Wire-Widnes derby at Wilderspool (2003).

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Leeds rang me early yesterday morning to ask (very nicely) why we hadn't used our club cards yet.

Went on to offer free food at the Easter game if four of us went.

I was quite impressed and now have to have a serious talk to the kids!!

thats a nice idea.

thats a nice idea.

Surely allowing ecig users to smoke vape inside the ground was a good one from your club?

(Runs for cover...)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

thats a nice idea.

Yes very good idea...a lot of people complain about the cost of taking a family and it's all those extras like food and drink that really add up, so I'm sure this would be appealing to many

Over on another forum there is a debate about the best way to increase the crowds at RL.

The most patronising of which was to have somewhere for the little lady to get her hair and nails done!!!!!!!!

So what has your club done that proved to be a long term success. All clubs can get freeloaders in on the free tickets but what makes them stay or return?

Yes that is patronising! Howevr, in a samilar vein, I went to a music festival once where you could pay a bit extra to gain access to a VIP area - this was basically just a roped off area from where you could see one of the stages but they also offered things like massages, hair cuts, a dedicated bar, comfy lounges and chairs etc etc.

It was really quite good.

Wonder if clubs could incorporate something like this? Not just a corporate ticket with free food and drink but something the average fan can buy that gives them a 'VIP' experience.

Wigan, along with many other clubs, have done Kids for a Quid (or similar) with reduced price for accompanying adults. Many years ago this offer was taken up and eventually led to the Sullivan family having a season ticket. After kids left the rugby to go to Uni/chase women/drink etc we carried on with our season tickets. This year is our 10th as season ticket holders. So the initial tempter has been returned many times over. We cant be the only ones with such a story.

Interviewer to Shaun Wane: 'What would you do if your daughter brought home a boy from St. Helens?'

Wane to interviwer: 'That won't happen' !

When jungle.com sponsored Cas, they subsidised tickets and coach travel to the match against London Broncos at The Valley. Think it was a fiver for coach and match ticket - over 100 coaches made the trip that day. 

Sadly, jungle.com were snapped up by someone else and there was no long term effect but it was a good day for what would have been a mundane fixture otherwise. 

Archived