Training 2night

troutmaster

Well it was another quiet session for the lads tonight at the Zebra claims stadium,it looks like we are back to bare bones in the squad with a few lads missing.I do not think we have anyone from our DR club Wigan to grace us at Halifax so,we are once again looking thin on the ground for players,big kris was taking full training and full contact but,wether he is in the team on sunday only phil will know that,young Jamie doran was an absentee but,he suffered concussion during the Leigh game so will have to have a test to see if he is eligible to play,Deurden was training, but you could see he was still trailing his ankle,and we will have to be really struggling to fetch him into the game,but it looks like we will.There was no Miller and no Mossop tonight,and i think they maybe a fortnight away,but after the fax game we will have a 2 week rest before we play Hunslet at home.There was a sight scare with Jarrad who had a slight pull in his groin, but it will take a lot more to keep that man from pulling his blue and white jersey on,On the plus side we had big Fafita looking a bit more sprightly, and Kurt horton was enjoying the firm ground,but thats going to change on sunday with heavy rain forcast for the weekend,but i still think we are 2 or 3 players still short for the squad,but once again its all down to money and finding the players,I am personally a bit peeded of with no information on our so called aussie player coming from the club,is the halfback from Wakefield still available,or is he still at London,either way we need to try to get him up has he is willing and also being a big friend of Latu fafita,well thats my little rant out of the way but i must also give the board and the players a lot of credit for the way the have conducted themselves during games before and over easter,6 games in 22 days takes a lot of doing,but doing it phils way, they have come through it with a lot of dignity and it makes me very proud to know these players,staff,and the board who have done a great job under stress.Well thats his fella's,lets shout the for lads at fax,i know they can hear us, and they appreciate hearing the worky worky song ringing out.

DR fizzling out ?

No,with the easter weekend we were never going to get any DR from wigan,and with them losing 2 players sent off v salford we were always going to struggle,unless we want more U19s again.I would think,or i would say,wigan are a bit short on senior players themselves,so DR would not come to us.

Can you say a bit more on Sammut Barry ? Are you thinking that there is still some life in that one ?

No,not really David.I have a feeling we will see him soon,and that cones from 1 of our players,but we can keep on wishing, that it will come to fruition david.

Is there no mention at all about Farkas, Baz, for as you say it has gone very quiet on the information front about him.   I see Fev have finally got their 2 Aussies here this last week.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Is there no mention at all about Farkas, Baz, for as you say it has gone very quiet on the information front about him.   I see Fev have finally got their 2 Aussies here this last week.

not an iota keith,i would like to think the fans would have been kept informed about farkas,even just a line would do,but i suppose no news is good news and i believe mr veivers is as anxious has we are in getting him over.

I'm sure they'd love a donation towards the cost if your feeling generous.

Yes,i agree with you townie,but where is the money at,and i think that is the problem with all players we are looking at.

We have 2 DR's on Sunday - Oliver Gildart and James Greenwood. Oh, and big Kris Coward is in the squad too.

Ihave just put a post confirming gildart,but more than pleased we have young greenwood has well,and coward went through a rigorous test last night to confirm he could play.

Yes that's the real world clubs like us live in . A loan if the opening came would be what's explored .

correct david,a loan for a month or two would be nice but we will plod on until we hear about farkas or sammut.

Well there must be some money available - we haven't exactly broke the bank with signings ... And the speedways just started

I would hazard a guess that the speedway does not generate a lot of cash like it used to do,the 2 aussies would not have come for nothing,when you take into account their tickets,their accomodation,their contracts,and their match fees it all adds up,plus you have at least 4 or5 senior players also on contracts money does not go that far.The club is also chasing another aussie and if that eventually comes off it will be the same for him,anyway,the board are the only ones who will know what they have available and they,will make the decisions with the money not you or i townie.

Well there must be some money available - we haven't exactly broke the bank with signings ... And the speedways just started

Yeah with 700+ gates we will be rolling in it, wtf is the BOD doing with all this money???

Special....

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived