Australia v New Zealand 1 May 2015

Last year the Kangaroos used 34 players, a mixture of old and young. Currently there are a lot of injuries which would rule players out. Josh Mansour, Aidan Guerra, Beau Scott, Billy Slater, Brett Morris and Darius Boyd are all injured. David Klemmer is still suspended and some players haven't been in great form, like Robbie Farah, Daniel Tupou, Matt Gillet and James Tamou.

NZ have Lewis Brown out injured and Dean Whare and Kieran Foran returning from injury.

The AUS team will be named on Sunday. The Kiwis test side will be named after the last game of next weekend’s NRL round on Sunday night.

kiwi's! gotta get this anzac mid year test monkey of our backs! kiwis 1987 mid year win got me hooked on league all those years ago whatching it on tv as a kid living in a rural community in takaka, golden bay, nelson, top of the south island, NZ! Always tuff against australia but always want the kiwi's to win!

kiwi's! gotta get this anzac mid year test monkey of our backs! kiwis 1987 mid year win got me hooked on league all those years ago whatching it on tv as a kid living in a rural community in takaka, golden bay, nelson, top of the south island, NZ! Always tuff against australia but always want the kiwi's to win!

The Kiwis usually do better in tournaments than one-off tests, for some reason. It'd be refreshing to see them win an ANZAC Test.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's had a very low profile.. The main rep game being talked about is SOO.

I don't know what you've been reading/watching/hearing. I watched both Matt Johns shows, both NRL 360s and one of the Sterlo shows and they spent more time on ANZAC Day than anything else. They also made repeated references to players who might make the Test teams. I don't recall any discussion about Origin.

Australia:
Billy Slater, Alex Johnston, Greg Inglis, Will Chambers, Josh Dugan, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), Aaron Woods, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker.

Interchange:
Luke Lewis, Trent Merrin, Nate Myles, James Tamou

I think there are 9 players over 30 - Matt Scott is younger than he looks at 29. I probably would have had Klemmer in there if it wasn't for his suspension. Since there is no 4N this year, I would guess that Sheens is giving some players a final run.

We've got 6 Origins, 2 Kiwi Tests and 2 PM's XIII v PNG, plus one and a half NRL seasons before the next 4N squad is announced. I would expect a lot of these players won't be in the 4N squad. The Kangaroos used 34 players last year and those players wil still be on the radar.

Also, on 2015 form, who would you drop?

New Zealand Squad:

Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm),

Lewis Brown (Penrith Panthers),

Greg Eastwood (Canterbury Bulldogs),

Kieran Foran (Manly Sea Eagles),

Tohu Harris (Melbourne Storm),

Peta Hiku (Manly Sea Eagles),

Shaun Johnson (New Zealand Warriors),

Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sydney Roosters),

Thomas Leuluai (New Zealand Warriors),

Issac Luke (South Sydney Rabbitohs),

Simon Mannering (New Zealand Warriors),

Ben Matulino (New Zealand Warriors),

Sam Moa (Sydney Roosters),

Kevin Proctor (Melbourne Storm),

Matin Taupau (Wests Tigers),

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney Roosters),

Manu Vatuvei (New Zealand Warriors),

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Penrith Panthers).

The only thing that the kiwis lack is depth in the halves and centres everything else is very scary especially their pack. It's going to be interesting watching players like RTS and DWZ develop in a kiwi jersey as these 2 players are incredible talents.

I think there are 9 players over 30 - Matt Scott is younger than he looks at 29. I probably would have had Klemmer in there if it wasn't for his suspension. Since there is no 4N this year, I would guess that Sheens is giving some players a final run.

We've got 6 Origins, 2 Kiwi Tests and 2 PM's XIII v PNG, plus one and a half NRL seasons before the next 4N squad is announced. I would expect a lot of these players won't be in the 4N squad. The Kangaroos used 34 players last year and those players wil still be on the radar.

Also, on 2015 form, who would you drop?

Dugan isn't a winger. Are Woods and Johnston international quality? Thaiday is past his sell by date.

rldfsignature.jpg

Rising Penrith star Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is set to be robbed a New Zealand rugby league Test debut for a second time in six months.

Less than a day after being selected in the Kiwis team to play Australia on Friday, 19-year-old winger Watene-Zelezniak has been charged by the NRL match review committee with a grade one dangerous throw on Cronulla's Wade Graham in Sunday's NRL match at Penrith Stadium.

Even with an early guilty plea, Watene-Zelezniak faces a one-match suspension due to a past offence loading, meaning he would have to beat the charge at a judiciary hearing to make his first Test appearance.

However, early indications were that Penrith would accept the one-match sanction because it saw little chance of beating it, meaning he would miss the Lang Park Test match.

Watene-Zelezniak was previously named to debut for New Zealand in last year's Four Nations series opener against Australia but fractured a foot in a freak accident at the beach just days prior to the match and missed the whole series.

St George Illawarra veteran Jason Nightingale is expected to get a call up to replace him in the Kiwis team this time.

I think Penrith need DWZ to play because of their shortage in wingers after Josh Mansour was injured in the Gold Coast game.  It was nothing on Chris Heighnington's tackle which only saw him get three weeks.

I'm in Brisbane and it's expected to be very wet in the River City for Friday night's test.  Tickets from $30AU

Preview: http://www.nothingbutleague.com/anzac-test-kangaroos-out-for-revenge/

Here are some recent crowds, AUS/NZ @ Suncorp

2014 - 4N - 47,800

2010 - 4N - 36,299

2009 - ANZAC - 37,152

2008  - WC - 50,600

Basically, if it's a final, they get about 95% capacity. Otherwise, 75%

Game now postponed till Sunday 4pm due to atrocious and dangerous weather conditions that have hit SE QLD.  Player and patron safety paramount. Transport dramas would impact access to the game too.

So that makes it a Sunday morning brekky with International Rugby League for those in the UK !

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Archived