Where are they now

Blind side johnny

Whilst flicking through a book completely unrelated to RL the other day I saw that the bookmark in there was the teamsheet for our home match with Leigh on the 27th May 2012. The differences between the team(s) that day and now bring home the reality of how fleeting a career in semi-pro RL can be.

1. James Craven

2. Andy Smith

3. Ryan Esders

4. Ayden Faal

5. Austin Buchanan

6. Patch Walker

7. Scott Spaven

8. Ben Jones

9. Liam Hood

10. Steve Crossley

11. Rob Spicer

12. Dwayne Barker

13. Ed Barber

14. Brad Singleton

15. Elliot Cosgrove

16. Josh Tonks

17. George Flanagan

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The differences between the team(s) that day and now bring home the reality of how fleeting a career in semi-pro RL can be.

Or how much money a club has and is willing to spend!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Or how much money a club has and is willing to spend!

You're referring to your own club, no doubt!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good old Rob Spicer. One of our best and most loyal players in recent times.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Good old Rob Spicer. One of our best and most loyal players in recent times.

Yep, but of the rest, other than Austin and those now featuring in SL, have just faded from sight.

I always tell anybody who'll listen to me the exact same thing...

The teams who are success successful have a policy of adding depth and quality in small quantities each season and gradually building.

The teams that never get anywhere and often find themselves in trouble are the ones who make wholesale changes every year.

Under Warren we seemed to release 15 players and sign 15 new ones every close season, not to mention the ones that came in while the campaign was in progress.

I like the fact that under Glenn the nucleus of the team signed ahead of 2013 remains in tact.

And what's more exciting is that some of the club's next star players could already be on our books.

The likes of Callan Beckett, Jason Muranka, James Delaney and Will Forsyth are already on the cusp, and we have others like Sam Dunn, Brad Delaney, Ryan Langton and Jose Kenga showing plenty of promise.

Patiently blooding these players in the years ahead could really pay off. They already play to our system and will be settled at the club before they've even made their debuts.

I'm glad that we appear to have seen the back of the days when there'd be new names on the team sheet every week and a total clear out at the end of the season.

Tom

Whilst flicking through a book completely unrelated to RL the other day I saw that the bookmark in there was the teamsheet for our home match with Leigh on the 27th May 2012. The differences between the team(s) that day and now bring home the reality of how fleeting a career in semi-pro RL can be.

1. James Craven

2. Andy Smith

3. Ryan Esders

4. Ayden Faal

5. Austin Buchanan

6. Patch Walker

7. Scott Spaven

8. Ben Jones

9. Liam Hood

10. Steve Crossley

11. Rob Spicer

12. Dwayne Barker

13. Ed Barber

14. Brad Singleton

15. Elliot Cosgrove

16. Josh Tonks

17. George Flanagan

I think there's only 4 not playing BSJ. Andy Smith, Ryan Esders, Dwayne Barker & Scott Spaven. I think Barber is at Swinton, Tonks at York, Jones at Sheffield other than the obvious ones. Might be wrong?

I think there's only 4 not playing BSJ. Andy Smith, Ryan Esders, Dwayne Barker & Scott Spaven. I think Barber is at Swinton, Tonks at York, Jones at Sheffield other than the obvious ones. Might be wrong?

As I said, faded from sight.

:smoke:

Andy Smith is player/coach at Eastmoor Dragons.

Archived