Town V Haven predictions.The bash!

town4me

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keith its been said from day one they were trialist club statement, newspaper etc , what i asked is do they count towards the 5 loans/DR in the MDS and was told no as they are on trial

That's fine if you are happy with that, Alan.   All I was asking is why the French club say a different thing on their website?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

You yourself said that you were unsure about the two French players and were they on loan or "trial".    The Catalans coach in his statement says that they are on loan and both players need game time and experience and he thanks Haven for accommodating them.   If I am reading his statement correctly then he is saying they are still Catalans players having signed this year.   That is in direct conflict with what you and others have been saying about them playing for a contract at Haven.

Loan/trial/DR or any other system that is dreamt up by the powers that be, the only thing that matters is how they are registered and I'm sure that will be sorted correctly by the club after everything that's gone on over the last few seasons regarding this type of thing with one club or another. Whatever the Catalans coach did or didn't say is neither here nor there as I'd think even he wouldn't know or have the time to read every operational rule.

Apologies just seen that he admits there is no link, so he was

basically misleading everyone previously .

He's obviously the all seeing eye or some sort of mystic meg ;)

Total coincidence that he thought our best players are the two who aren't playing this week ... Masterful prematch mind games . And utterly pointless

yeah cause no way was Lewis tierney the best player on the field by a mile

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

News & StarSportTown

WORKINGTON TOWN YOUNGSTERS ALL FIRED UP FOR BLACKPOOL BASH

By Tom Carlisle

Last updated at 12:08, Friday, 22 May 2015

Workington Town boss Phil Veivers says he has no problems selecting Wigan youngsters for tomorrow’s derby game, insisting that he believes they will be ready for the test.

Phil Veivers photo

Phil Veivers

Jake Shorrocks has again been named in the side as has last weekend’s hat-trick hero Lewis Tierney.

Oliver Gildart has also been named in the 19-man squad for tomorrow’s crucial fixture against Whitehaven in Blackpool.

“I’m sure they will all be fired up,” Veivers said.

“It’s a derby game but the Wigan boys will have been in games like these against the likes of St Helens so they’ll know what to expect.

“I’ve not made a decision yet on who will start at half back but I’ll have a better idea this afternoon.”

Carl Forber was dropped for the first time in over a year in favour of Wigan youngster Jake Shorrocks, who partnered Jamie Doran in the halves in Sunday’s 37-6 win over Doncaster. “The win put a lot of smiles on faces, which is a real bonus,” Veivers continued.

“The important thing is the boys realised they can play some footy but hadn’t been able to put it together over 80 minutes.

“We had 19 sets in the second half and we completed 19 of them.”

Although there is doubt over who will start for Whitehaven in tomorrow’s derby fixture Veivers insists that his approach to the game will not change.

“Our game plan won’t change at all,” he said.

“Whoever they pick isn’t an issue for us, but we know they will be well up for the game.

“They have got a point to prove and I’m sure it’ll be a tough test for us.”

The whole point of having to name squads early now is so the RFL can check players are eligible to play,but the fact you can then add to that squad up to 1 hour before kick off makes even that rule pointless

Not really because you'll only be adding one or two rather than 17 or 18 which will make it simpler to manage.

The whole point of having to name squads early now is so the RFL can check players are eligible to play,but the fact you can then add to that squad up to 1 hour before kick off makes even that rule pointless

Not really because you'll only be adding one or two rather than 17 or 18 which will make it simpler to manage.

The nearer the game gets the more confident i am. You would think the big pitch will do wonders for the likes of tierney, miller and murphy. Plenty of space to run into.

Hope everyone making the journey has a greay day and makes it a carnival atmosphere, capped off with a town win

Hope everyone making the journey has a great day

CHECK

makes it a carnival atmosphere

CHECK

capped off with a town win

Oh well as the old song goes 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Archived