Jon Wells

Gotta agree with most people on here Wells & Carney are the best 2 commentators Sky have for RL. Dont mind Bill Arthur, he seems to really get into games and gets excited about some of the play. Barrie Mac I could cope with as well. When he's not trying to be silly with Terry O'Connor he actually comes across as fairly intelligent & knowledgeable about the game.

Now for the rest !

Eddie & Stevo are embarassing and really should retire at the end of the season. Stevo has always been awful but Eddie has gone downhill fast to the point where he now sounds like Ray French in muddling up players in every match and constantly saying "well Stuart what do you think..."

Cummings brings absolutely nothing to the commentary team. All we get is some boring monologue about what the Ref saw - Dull, Boring and just not needed.

Terry O'Connor is sterotypical of what everyone outside the M62 thinks about RL. He sounds a thick as a brick and is about as funny as a dose of herpes. It makes you cringe every time he "finks" about something in his commentary.

And that leaves us with Phil Clarke. In his early days he had promise as a commentator but now he's trying to be like Stevo, making stupid comments just to try and be controversial, and I dont know what presenting course they sent him on but they should get their money back. He's boring and monotone and the only way he can try to change it is by elongating certain words in a sentence for effect - great, except he manages to elongate the wrong ones and he sounds like someone with learning difficulties.

Of the current people in the game I reckon Peocock & Wilkin would do well as future commentators. Dont think it will happen with JP as he's ging down the coaching route but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilkin in the commentary box once he retires from playing.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Of the current people in the game I reckon Peocock & Wilkin would do well as future commentators. Dont think it will happen with JP as he's ging down the coaching route but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilkin in the commentary box once he retires from playing.

Coaching isn't an insurmountable obstacle. Fox Sport uses Brett Kimmorley (Wests 20s head coach) and Kevin Walters (Broncos assistant). If their team plays on the Friday there's no reason they can't cover a Saturday or Sunday game.

Gotta agree with most people on here Wells & Carney are the best 2 commentators Sky have for RL. Dont mind Bill Arthur, he seems to really get into games and gets excited about some of the play. Barrie Mac I could cope with as well. When he's not trying to be silly with Terry O'Connor he actually comes across as fairly intelligent & knowledgeable about the game.

Now for the rest !

Eddie & Stevo are embarassing and really should retire at the end of the season. Stevo has always been awful but Eddie has gone downhill fast to the point where he now sounds like Ray French in muddling up players in every match and constantly saying "well Stuart what do you think..."

Cummings brings absolutely nothing to the commentary team. All we get is some boring monologue about what the Ref saw - Dull, Boring and just not needed.

Terry O'Connor is sterotypical of what everyone outside the M62 thinks about RL. He sounds a thick as a brick and is about as funny as a dose of herpes. It makes you cringe every time he "finks" about something in his commentary.

And that leaves us with Phil Clarke. In his early days he had promise as a commentator but now he's trying to be like Stevo, making stupid comments just to try and be controversial, and I dont know what presenting course they sent him on but they should get their money back. He's boring and monotone and the only way he can try to change it is by elongating certain words in a sentence for effect - great, except he manages to elongate the wrong ones and he sounds like someone with learning difficulties.

Couldnt agree more, sky commentator on Cumbrian derby  game this wekend actually said coming up is Huddersfield playing Doncaster????

I remember years ago, a RL game came out for playstation (Or similar) and Stevo was the voice on the commentary, it had the same limited comments that he still makes today.

When you watch NRL, their commentators call moves 3 or 4 plays before they happen, Stevo comments 10 minutes later and still gets it wrong,  Eddie has no idea what is happening anyway.

Go for the 1 pointer..........the fact that the team are 20 odd up doesnt seem to register.

Think they should have watched Andrew Voss comentating on world cup, he came over and knew history on every player, thats what you call professional.

Eddie and Stevo simply embarrasing for the game!

Does he? I've never heard Wells criticised on here. Unless it's part of a collective criticism of the sky team but even then I always feel it's implied that Wells and Carney are not included.

Quite like Wellsy to be honest but he isn't all sweetness and light.

A few years ago he was on the wing for the Broncos at Odsal and my nephew, a ball boy, got a right mouthful from JW for placing the ball back on the line [exactly as he'd been trained to do] and not responding to Wells' screams for the ball to be thrown to him. Shall we say he used language he never uses on Sky and which was totally inappropriate to a young kid just doing as he was told - even if he did already know plenty of the 4 letter words, even the ones starting with 'C'. :ph34r:

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

To be fair, it was a guy under pressure who lost it in the heat of the moment?

I suspect he would be embarrased to be reminded of it and much as I certainly don't 'know' him, he doesn't seem that sort of bloke. For what it's worth, my nephew thought it was funny, though he was a bit taken aback at the time!

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I don't know if this has already been referred to on another part of the forum, but Stevo showed all the knowledge of a typical director/committee man last Friday night in his nomination of the MOM in the Warrington v Salford game. Gene Ormsby gets the MOM for his hat trick whilst the man providing each of the passes (Ben Currie) is completely overlooked. Stevo's best before date was about 10 years ago!

Archived