Miners v Thornhill

This game is definitely kicking off at 2-30 p.m., despite what is being said about an early kick off. Come down and watch what should be a cracker of a game. The winner will go into the N.C.L.Cup final being held at Widnes. 

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

Thornhill need their 2 big mobile props/second rowers fit and 100%.Ben Kendall wasnt fit last week agaist Hunslet CP and neither was Jake Wilson!They are massive for the Trojans IMO as well as Gibson,Danny Ratcliffe and Luke Haigh.Looking forward to the game!

Brow v Egremont be looking at a very big gate would say another 4 figure crowd which could touch 2000

Heard Brow were struggling for players and trying to play the following week.

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

Good game at Miners with hosts winning 24-18.First half belonged to Miners 18-6 and second saw Thornhill come back strongly to score 2 tries through Bendikas and Wilson.2 dropped balls near the Miners cost the visitors dearly in the second half but Connor Ratcliffes try at the death won it for the Miners who go on to the Final at Widnes.

Who got man of the match for The Brow? some outstanding individual play, not least that final try, but would have given it to your number 12 who I thought was exceptional the whole game. Would complain if your fullback got it though, he overcame a shaky start to make at least 4 outstanding tackles that could have led to tries.

On the whole excellent team performance by The Brow to beat Egremont. Egremont weren't bad, The Brow were just better. Good luck in the Final, if Egremont can't win it I personally would rather another Cumbrian team won it.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Who got man of the match for The Brow? some outstanding individual play, not least that final try, but would have given it to your number 12 who I thought was exceptional the whole game. Would complain if your fullback got it though, he overcame a shaky start to make at least 4 outstanding tackles that could have led to tries.

On the whole excellent team performance by The Brow to beat Egremont. Egremont weren't bad, The Brow were just better. Good luck in the Final, if Egremont can't win it I personally would rather another Cumbrian team won it.

fullback Peter caddy got the official MOM,second row Lewis McCarron got the sponsors MOM.

Glad to have confirmation I still know something about the game, either that or I'm with your sponsors in knowing nothing!

both had great games,but for me Lewis McCarron was the standout,took the Brow forward all day and totally outplayed Bewsher,who then got frustrated and gave away a shed load of penalties.

Hope young Corkhill makes a speedy recovery,looked a bad one.

Is that an excuse already ,won't make a jott of difference if your lads are mentally prepared .

You could always sleep over night nearer to the venue .

Suppose it's how important the final is to you Cumbrians .

Should be s cracking game though two good sides .

Is that an excuse already ,won't make a jott of difference if your lads are mentally prepared .

You could always sleep over night nearer to the venue .

Suppose it's how important the final is to you Cumbrians .

Should be s cracking game though two good sides .

No excuse just a fact,ridiculous decision to have an 11.30 KO for a big final,

6am start? Have they moved Widnes? They'll be there at 8.30am - tell them the ground won't be open.

not if they stop off on route for a breakfast,the crazy 11.30 KO was always going to be a disadvantage to a Cumbrian team getting to the final.

not if they stop off on route for a breakfast,the crazy 11.30 KO was always going to be a disadvantage to a Cumbrian team getting to the final.

But it was always going to be an 11.30am ko - with no special arrangements made if one of the finalists came from Cumbria. Perhaps they will have to re-think their entry into the comp next season and just leave it to the teams who would be prepared to make a big effort for a top class, televised, Final.

Teams travel 2.1/2 - 3 hrs to away trips every weekend in the NCL - and that's just for a league game. They'll have to just get on with it and stop whinging - that is, unless it's just you Davo5 that's making a drama of it all.

Talking to a couple of the players after yesterdays game and I said about the final kick off time, they just laughed and said, at least they didn't have a game on the Saturday, 

But it was always going to be an 11.30am ko - with no special arrangements made if one of the finalists came from Cumbria. Perhaps they will have to re-think their entry into the comp next season and just leave it to the teams who would be prepared to make a big effort for a top class, televised, Final.

Teams travel 2.1/2 - 3 hrs to away trips every weekend in the NCL - and that's just for a league game. They'll have to just get on with it and stop whinging - that is, unless it's just you Davo5 that's making a drama of it all.

You lot whinge about making 2 trips up to Cumbria a season,dread to think how your going to cry next season when Kells get promoted to make 3 Cumbrian teams.

Archived