Monday

rockerlad

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need a strong squad and you need quality ready to come in and be a game changer . I don't see it as either or . To me , a player like Lewis , there's no down side for a team at our level . I'd snap both your hands off for a year of him . It raises your level all around . Competition , being around good players and depth are good . It sends out a good signal if it ever happened , but that's just my opinion .

It's funny looking at all the forums . They're all starting the same craic , about signings and what they need . Certainly getting into that season now. All to often though it's much of separating wheat from lots of chafe

why pay another traveller fb /wing while theres forrester trying to get game time ? I think the back line is covered well enough unless injury loans are called for . PV has said he wants to have a 30 man squad so i dont see much need for loans if town manage to sign 30 in all cover positions .

to be fair Lewis is the finished article to come straight into champ rugby. Obviously vievers dosent think that Sam is there yet. Tierney at full back with Brett and ell on the wings would be excellent for next year. Although I don't think there's much chance we will ever see him in a town shirt again.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

If we have a 30 man squad next year we have to have some kind of A team where guys get game time

agreed and in your 20's in your prime you have to play regular as you have spent your life reaching this level and have  very limited time in a very short career , playing at top amateur level would be more appealing than not getting a game , it isnt all about the money which in itself is very low pay at this fringe level .

It's about half an A team isn't it ? After the Rapley Report , and talk about cooperation , what about starting off with a combined A team ? If we both have around 30 players , couldn't you together get a viable A team for players ?

It's about half an A team isn't it ? After the Rapley Report , and talk about cooperation , what about starting off with a combined A team ? If we both have around 30 players , couldn't you together get a viable A team for players ?

haven have been asing about this for 3 or 4 seasons its town who have always said no to this idea but it,s the only way forward for both teams had a bit of game time for the players not getting into the first teams

Well all the young lads have been named in the matchday 19 but no Stack or Callum?   Where's Stacky?   We missed him last match.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Well all the young lads have been named in the matchday 19 but no Stack or Callum? Where's Stacky? We missed him last match.

whats the squad Keith? Can't find it anywhere.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

whats the squad Keith? Can't find it anywhere.

http://www.rugbyleaguechampionships.co.uk/match_day/preview/12008

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived