Monday

rockerlad

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure if the financial amounts are set at the end of the 23 matches or after the Super 8's.   The top four are most obviously set after 23 games for them to play in the Qualifiers 8.     The way the amounts were talked about originally was for teams down from 1st to 12th not as in groups of 8.    I don't know if this information is written down in any of the Operational Rules.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

The only place where there was any mention was in the Watkins Policy Review recommendations to the RFL when they give amounts for the top 4 then say the rest will receive from £200k down to £150k depending on league position.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/the-rfl/about_the_rfl/policyreviewfaqs

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Question for you Rockerlad and all Workingtonians out there......The male and female on the Workington Borough/ Reds crest.....what are their names ? ( I know the answer but don't think many will) ;) Smug git

I thought some of our more educated followers might of got this one.

The bloke is Vulcan (as in Vulcan's park) the Roman God of fire and the bird is Themis, the Greek god of divine law & order.

Terry Mac thought it was Bomber and his missus at a toga party. :tongue:

to be fair keith i reckon whoever finishes 4th be it haven or town stand a great chance of winning it but at the end of the day its just a losers trophy if you know what i mean nut it would still be nice to win

Haven winning something? Are you on Bombers Lambrini?? ;)

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Quality bite Donald - although I'm right in what I'm saying. These football clubs that go bust and reform don't claim the old clubs records so why Whitehaven 2010 do I don't know.

Must be pretty embarrassing for a supporter that they're claiming the records of a different club.

what bite ?? So your saying Leeds United ,Portsmouth and Glasgow Rangers to name a few as they are now have no history and whatever they won in the past doesn't belong to the current clubs that also means all the trophies widnes won world champions challenge cup winner etc gets wiped off the current teams honours list

what bite ?? So your saying Leeds United ,Portsmouth and Glasgow Rangers to name a few as they are now have no history and whatever they won in the past doesn't belong to the current clubs that also means all the trophies widnes won world champions challenge cup winner etc gets wiped off the current teams honours list

In the examples you quote, could be wrong but they didnt change the name of the Company, rather they went into Administration.  You debt and trophy dodgers on the other hand, wrote everything off and started again.

In the examples you quote, could be wrong but they didnt change the name of the Company, rather they went into Administration.  You debt and trophy dodgers on the other hand, wrote everything off and started again.

they all wrote their debts off and started again with leeds portsmouth and rangers your talking mega millions they wrote off and the debt widnes wrote off was huge compared to ours and to a lesser extent keighley and donny have done it more than once

Oops looks like I've accidentaly started the derby build up early Donald!!

What have Town won in non county competitions in the last 10 years? Be interested to know?

You mean you don't know?? In that case then we have won the Challenge cup twice and the SL grand final....

Why only the last ten years? What have Whitehaven ever won in any period of history? Just asking..

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived